AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
HEY HAL, WHAT'S YOUR TAKE ON D/T FBI INVESTIGATION?

hal, i am surprised that you have not responded on this matter, what is your position, if d/t guilty of a crime(s) will your company still do business with them ?

Re: HEY HAL, WHAT'S YOUR TAKE ON D/T FBI INVESTIGATION?

ya we miss ya HAL. I wonder if you already left for the holidays already?

Yeah we need to check his schedule , he may be taking in a couple of the 6 weeks vacation the insurance industry afford him ;)

Re: Re: HEY HAL, WHAT'S YOUR TAKE ON D/T FBI INVESTIGATION?

Hal could be the "DEEP THROAT" in this deal. Just my idiot paranoia speaking.

Greetings-
-I have been reading about this, but have been unable to find anyone that really knows what is going on--only much speculation.
-I would hope that if there are any issues, they would be promptly resolved.
-Until then, remember this is American and D/T is innocent until..............
-I will continue to work with them as in the past.

Holiday Wishes to All

thank you hal for your response, but as usual, was very vanilla. yes this is America, but the fbi just does not make a habit of raiding businesses offices, seizing computers without justification. i hope that you don't need the Scrushy / Watkins team, but if so contact your friend Mr. Levine for their number, remember, don't forget to make sure your ankle braclett fits!

I would think that the reason there is such concern over what the FBI is looking for in d/t is many shops may be guilty of the same thing !
I talked to an attorney who was concerned that our industry offers such huge cash discounts over what they exspect the insurance company to pay.
Body shops in our area get better discounts than cash.
Business practices in this industry have been a little questionable at best.
This industry may want to pay real close attention those that live in GLASS HOUSES shouldn't throw rocks if you get my drift.
If you went to a retail store to by an item and got a different price based on how you paid you would think it was fishy. cash one price , credit another price, check another price .
You get the point.

CASH has always been worth a discount-10-15 %. My gas station even gives me a 3 cents per gallon for paying as I need it. Walmart doesn't let you walk out the door and say they will take payment in 30-60 or more days. If a customer wants to pay us on the spot for our services we will gladly pass some savings on to them(the real customer) and thier ins co. It will be a stonger industry when we can all deal with the REAL customer!

xxx I'M NOT DISAGREEING WITH YOU ON THE CASH DISCOUNT. HOWEVER HAS ANY ONE EVER SAID TO THE INSURANCE COMPANY THIS OUR PRICE BUT I WILL GIVE YOU A 10% DISCOUNT FOR CASH.
THAT I THINK MAY BE THE PROBLEM . IF I OFFER A DISCOUNT TO ONE CUSTOMER YOU HAVE TO OFFER IT TO ALL.
JUST A THOUGHT I WASN'T TRIING TO GET YOU UPSET.
I THINK THE D/T INVESTAGATION SHOULD CONCERN THE INDUSTRY.

We have. We would gladly give any agent or adjuster that same discount to bring us cash at "time of service". But they have never taken us up on it. Maybe because there is so much pressure to go thru the networks. I am not sure how many even have check books in their offices these days.

CONCERNED, Great points I agree and am nowhere near upset, just making a point back. I think we are alittle too over concerned that others are coming back with comments and are upset.or angry or what ever. I am way laid back and laughing my rear end off at some of the )*&)(&%$^$,garbage posts out here. I won't mention from who,it serves noone! Lets all remember in the CHRISTmas spirit to spread joy, peace, and good tidings to all even if we, or they don't deserve it, let's try to remember the true meaning of Christ-mas. Good will to ALL.

MAY YOU ALL HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR. AND I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE ABETTER YEAR NEXT 2006.
MANY MANY RICHES FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com