AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What Crap

I was doing a job today in Greenville, and this van goes rolling by. The whole side of this van was a sign saying Windshields 50% off!!! in big letters. If this is you, check your back door of the van for the additional sign....."you Get What You Pay For!" What a scam, if this is what you have to stoop to to get business, obviously you are doing something wrong. I got a kick out of it though. Do I fear the competition?? Nah, anybody who falls for that is a customer I wouldnt want anyway. They usually are the ones who want it for free, then will complain about the quality.

Re: What Crap

Check the fine print and see if it says beneath "WINDSHIELDS 50% OFF!!" in the fine print "on all prices recently raised 75%"

LOL

If you ask really nice Grammaw-trannie, Forest Gump and Ernest will all come out for a 3 man set !

Taiwan-tools "Buckwheat" with 2 months experience is also in the running .

ya know. to the uneducated consumer he might get a call or two. but these days seriously I don't think it's of much concern at all. vinyl graphics are a waste of money. how many jobs have you ever got that your customer referenced recieving your # off of one of your vans? one or two a year at best. I don't even put anything on my vans. All I ever got was calls from people saying my guys were offensive and commiting traffic violations constantly. yet. they all somehow manage to have **** and span clean driving records. and another guy had his van broken into and all his tools stolen. my advice is. save your money. keep the van covert. on the DL. sometimes when no one notices your it's almost better.

I get alot of calls from my trucks. Also alot of people comment on my graphics as well. But I dont mislead my customers.

I once heard... "a liabilty is something/someone that costs you money, a customer is someone you make money off of."

Let your competition have the liabilities, you focus on the customers.

I ALSO SAW VANS RUNNING IN OUR AREA WITH HUGE 50% OFF SIGNS, THEY ALSO TOOK OUT A DOUBLE-FULL PAGE AD IN THE YELLOW PHONE BOOK. IT TURNS OUT THEY RUN IN THIS AREA FROM ANOTHER STATE...WAS NEVER A COMPETITION ISSUE.

Instead of putting 50% off to get the attention of people which... I don't think ever gets much of a second look...why not with the readily available technology out there get your vinyl graphic guy to put together something more emotion charging. How about two real nice tanned young babes in bikinis bending over the hood of a range rover with the w/s completely smashed. The catch phrase could be something like... Got Glass? I bet my sales will be sky rocketing.

cash pricing is more than %50 off

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com