AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
VOLVO W/S

JUST A SHORT QUESTION FOR WHOEVER MIGHT KNOW, WE RECIEVED A W/S THIS MORNING FOR A 05 VOLVO. IT LOOKED LIKE A GOOD SHIELD, BUT IT HAD WHAT LOOKED LIKE A FACTORY APPLIED PRIMER ON THE FRIT. THIS DOESNT SEEM SAFE. HOW CAN YOU BE SURE IT HASN'T BEEN CONTAMINATED IN SHIPPING? WHAT KIND OF PRIMER IS IT? WE USE ESSEX THANES, IS IT COMPATABLE WITH THIS PREAPPLIED PRIMER?

Re: VOLVO W/S

Big question. Without knowing what the heck it is, I wouldn't touch it. Send it back and ask for another.

What if it was one that somebody else already primered then went out mobile, found they had the wrong W/S and sent it back, but the supplier didn't pay attention and catch it?

What kind of WS was it?

Ask the supplier to check the rest, if they are all like that call Dow with all information on the part. I would not proceed until I had a definite answer from someone about what the heck it is.

there are a few windshield that come pre primed. I know if you do the new jeep cammander and get a mopar it will come pre primed. It even has a sticker on it that primer is good till such in such a date. The one i saw said it was good till the end of july. after that it had to be reprimed. I know there are a few other shields that come primed from the manufacture.

what was the part number for this shield??

BG2: Did you install a Commander w/s yet and if so anything tricky or anything? Thanks

I think thw dw1603 comes pre-primed.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com