AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
DW1570

Did a 2006 Ford mustang DW1570 yesterday.If anyone has not done one yet they are treat to do. just watch the bottom right and left corners at the fenders. Top and side cut out from the outside. bottom from the indide.The bottom urethane beat is way down below the dash.[:)]

Re: DW1570

Since I'm new to the forum, I'm looking back several pages.
Yeah, I've done several of these. They're sooooooo much easier than the previous model. You don't have 10,000+ screws to remove under the door seals. In fact, all the Ford cars have gotten easier. The 500, Montego, Freestyle, etc. Only the F-150 got tough. The doors are easy on the 150, you just have to remove the speaker post in order to get the panel off and the backglass is a bolt in just like the 97 and up.

What about the F-150 backglass on the ext and crw cab. Does everyone know how to get the back seat out. I spent some time on the first one but they are simple after you know.

OK, so whats the trick? please share what you learned to make it easier. Thanks

There's (2) 10mm bolts at the bottom of the seatbacks. Remove these and the backs lift up and out. Makes it much easier. You might have to feel around for them, but they're there.

Yes, then it's the same as earlier models, nothin new with that, thank you!

I believe you are wrong, on the new F150(dw1529) extended cabs the seat back doesn't have bolts, it has a hook mechanism that you need to push on with a standard screwdriver or equivalent. Took forever for the first time, you kinda just get lucky. There is a metal bar at bottom corners, you need to lift cushion as far as you can and stick a screwdriver straight back. Then it just pops out. You can see nothing, its all done by feel and luck. I went to ford and got a tech bulletin for the removal. It had a picture and instructions and I still say I was lucky that first time I got it. No pun intended. Good luck

My bad, I was thinking of the 97 and up, not the new one. The one I did was a standard cab and I didn't have to remove the seats.

if you get lucky you get one with a split back seat, so easy it's almost like free money.

yes billybubba is correct with the one I am talking about. his description is exactly how my experience was also. Don't give up after you get the first one out and see the design you will see how simple it "CAN" be.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com