Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rage Retro / ABBA "Gimme Gimme Gimme" promo clip

I was looking forward to seeing the "Gimme Gimme Gimme" promo clip during last weekend's Rage Retro episode but was surprised to see it was the US edit version. I could have sworn the clip shown in Australia back in the day was the full-length version but maybe I'm mistaken?
I'm pretty sure "Gimme Gimme Gimme" was broadcast during one of the guest programming episodes last year but I didn't catch the episode. Does anyone know whether the full-length version or edited version was broadcast?

Re: Rage Retro / ABBA "Gimme Gimme Gimme" promo clip

Hi Phil I can't confirm which guest programming episodes had the video clip.
I have Abba The Definitive Collection DVD.
As you are an Abba fan you may have the same DVD.
Was the clip shown last Saturday morning the same one as the DVD?

I have a copy of ABBA Gimme Gimme Gimme that aired on Rage on 1/1/17. It is the 3.15 version. I also have a copy of the Atlantic edited US promo single that has a run time of 3.53 (the album track runs for 4.50). So whether or not the video is an edit for the US could be debatable. Cheers

Thank you Frank FM and 70s80srule for your replies.

I must confess I have the “Gimme Gimme Gimme” clip on a range of ABBA vhs and dvd compilations, including The Definitive Collection, but had not consulted any of them.

I was hoping there would be a reference to the Atlantic US edited promo single that runs for 3:53 because I have it too. I was surprised to see the edited promo clip on Foxtel about 6 months ago as it was the first time I could recall seeing a clip (to almost) match.

I was so certain I had only previously seen the full album version, especially during the extended bridge section where they are all mingling around the studio console. Anyway, I finally got my act together today and confirmed that the full 4:50 version is indeed present on The Definitive Collection dvd so it does exist. I am pretty certain this version was at least played on Foxtel about 2 years ago, hence my surprise that they’ve since switched to the edited version.

Thanks again for the responses guys, much appreciated. :smiley: