Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Countdown - Digital File Sharing

There were only 2 Countdown episodes aired on Rage this week.

https://www.abc.net.au/rage/playlist/saturday-night-12-february-2022-on-abc-tv/13751054

COUNTDOWN October 16, 1983 (392: Brian Mannix from Uncanny X-Men) (ABC)
COUNTDOWN June 21, 1981 (290: Jon English) (ABC)

Thanks for the clarification, looking fwd to more episodes next week then, cheers Grant. 💯😉👊👊

Hey. For anyone interested (who may not have this).
I made a quick copy of the Countdown VHS released years ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r67q4ja10x1lctn/AAD8Bw3O-Otqsnzr-9B_yd3Aa?dl=0

Cover included as a scan.
Enjoy :)

Hi if anyone can provide a decent d/l link for he Beat Box episode which aired last week I would appreciate it. I have it on a HDD recorder but converting that to a digital file is a pain in the ass....

cheers,

kiersey

Uploading Beatbox to my OneDrive now.. Should be there soon..

Grant
Uploading Beatbox to my OneDrive now.. Should be there soon..
Thanks mate..

Just thought I would chime in with some ideas for you all on how to share your recordings.

Onedrive and gdrive links are risky, whilst they work, hosting copyrighted works could be problematic, if they are reported to copyright holders you could have your One Drive or Gdrive account terminated, this would be lower risk if you are not posting those links on a public message board.

In one drive and Gdrive, If you share folders between users, there is a cool Apple TV app called Infuse which, if you use the paid version, will allow you to stream from your cloud drive (Gdrive, OneDrive and pCloud). This could be very handy if you have a lot of recordings on the cloud or if you have been given access to an shared cloud folder (you can just stream the recordings right through your apple TV).

Another option, not using the cloud, could be using something like SoulSeek, it's a simple peer 2 peer program, you share your private folder between authorised users and exchange recordings that way, if you upload speed is slow, it won't really matter as eventually the data will transfer across. There's no risk to your paid cloud storage when sharing, it's also free.

Rhys
Just thought I would chime in with some ideas for you all on how to share your recordings.

Onedrive and gdrive links are risky, whilst they work, hosting copyrighted works could be problematic, if they are reported to copyright holders you could have your One Drive or Gdrive account terminated, this would be lower risk if you are not posting those links on a public message board.

In one drive and Gdrive, If you share folders between users, there is a cool Apple TV app called Infuse which, if you use the paid version, will allow you to stream from your cloud drive (Gdrive, OneDrive and pCloud). This could be very handy if you have a lot of recordings on the cloud or if you have been given access to an shared cloud folder (you can just stream the recordings right through your apple TV).

Another option, not using the cloud, could be using something like SoulSeek, it's a simple peer 2 peer program, you share your private folder between authorised users and exchange recordings that way, if you upload speed is slow, it won't really matter as eventually the data will transfer across. There's no risk to your paid cloud storage when sharing, it's also free.
Is there a service that we could all add to? Then that would be a "library" of all the episodes we have that we can all source from.

Nothing that's free. Unlisted on Youtube won't work, the music videos will prompt the videos to be blocked.

You could have one Google Workspace account which provides 2TB of storage, but it costs about $18 per month, and if people want to upload or contribute, they can so so by making a free Gdrive (you get 15GB for free), they create an upload folder, upload the video to that, then they share their Upload folder with the Workspace account, then whoever is running that account they can just Copy the video to the main collection, the contributor could then delete their copy, freeing up space in their drive to share more content.

It might be a bit of a learning curve, but whoever is managing the main Workspace account could control who they share the recordings with, but authorised users would be able to access and stream the content freely, they wouldn't have to pay for a workspace account.

Another option could be pDrive, that doesn't have a monthly cost but rather it has a one off, lifetime option, but it's $500 AUD for 2TB (sometimes they do specials), but I guess if you got a few users to contribute, or you charge for access, it could be viable.

Ok put your thinking caps on. Surely in this day and age there is some way for everyone to make their whole collections available in a way that is FREE OF COST for anyone who wants to download the whole thing and preferably without having to interact with anyone and not having to even say so much as a thank you. Do better please it must be possible.

Thank you for those sharing episodes!!! Incredible resource for me as a music teacher and musician (playing with Bob Starkie in his Skyhooks show currently).

I have some previous years Rage broadcasts on an old hard drive, will check if there are any episodes not currently shared and list

OK peeps I am coming to the end of the tunnel with this collecting rage repeated C/D episodes. Only got 4 episodes to go. If anyone can help out with these 4 episodes I would greatly appreciate it. I have stacks of other episodes if anyone wants to trade. Cheers, kiersey....xxx

1. 31/01/1982 Video Rock
2. 27/02/1983 James Reyne
3. 15/04/1984 1983 Rock Awards
4. 19/07/1987 1986 Rock Awards

I just realized I'm missing 18/12/1983 with Pseudo Echo, I saw it on YouTube with the rage logo. How did I miss that one? Anyone have a copy?

Also, I'd love to get my hands on:

* the Ramones episode from 1980
* the B-52s episode where they performed Private Idaho and Rock Lobster.

I seem to remember Molly had a lobster on his head.

Did these episodes make it on to rage?

Thanks in advance. 😎

1 2 3