Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Triple J's Hottest 100 in February

Last year the actual Hottest 100 happened on Jan 23rd. Then rage played it on the Friday night, which was Jan 29th so it didn't impact Retro Month.

This year the Hottest 100 is Jan 22nd so the Friday will be Jan 28th and won't impact Retro Month.

Yes, rage thankfully air the Triple J Hottest 100 on a Friday night in recent years, so it shouldn't impinge on retro month even when it returns to January.

Speaking of the Hottest 100, wow it has really gone mainstream lately.

It wasn't many years ago at all that I would tune in or read the list and have no clue what most of the songs were. (I'm not a JJJ listener, or a commercial radio listener for that matter)
So yesterday I was pretty shocked at how many of the 100 were either songs that had been on my regular playlist last year and were fairly mainstream, or were artists I knew of that I would not expect to be voted in by JJJ listeners (eg. Bieber, Wiggles, Cardi B, etc)

Playlists for this weekend now available on rage's website. Kanye West, Client Liaison, Tyne- James Organ, Baby Keem, Hayden James, Jungle, Fisher, the Buoys, Lorde, Tyler the Creator, the Terrys, Jungle Giants, Olivia Rodrigo, Luude featuring Colin Hay (Men At Work), Ruby Fields , Acraze, Peking Duk, the Rubens, Doja Cat, Lil Nas X , Rufus Del Sol, Ball Park Music and Tom Cardy all have tracks in the countdown unfortunately not able to be shown.