Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rage goes retro 2022

Very upsetting that rage goes retro is cancelled again this January.

It's actually my Birthday next weekend on Sunday and I was really looking forward to spending my Saturday night with Countdown to celebrate.

In January it's like the current world of such problems everywhere in this universe seem to be much sweeter with Countdown on rage. I don't think rage realise how important January is to so many of us. rage should be celebrating what they do best in January but have turned their back on the ultimate format.

January would have been perfect this year in 2022 with Countdown being played on the first night of 2022, just not very fair at all.

I have to laugh about the fact that Channel 9 play 'You Can't Stop The Music' without fail every New Years Eve, one doesn't even have to look at the TV Guide as it is common knowledge that Chanel 9 have played the film for decades on NYE.

'rage' was always the same in January over decades now and they even have said many times that January is the most popular time of the year on 'rage'..... yet they mess with formula now 2 years in a row.

It is so very RARE to have 5 Saturday's over January 2 years in a row and not only were we not given that special privilege last year in 2021 but now again in 2022. I feel like this is some practical joke but yet again in 2022 the lack of 'rage goes retro' is repeated again.

Yes ..... rage are playing 'rage goes retro' in February and I am sure we all here are thankful for that, I sincerely am and I commend 'rage' for sticking to at least that commitment as they did last February.

But rage was SO very unique in repeating Countdown's e.t.c... over January in the first place and what a truly CLEVER idea it was to start this tradition back in the Early 90s. It set 'rage' apart from every other Australian channel, as such a fantastic long going celebration of the most ICONIN Australian music program COUNTDOWN which 'rage' has so much access to.

Why 'rage' would want to let go of their truly superb January identity is really puzzling, it sets them apart from anything else on Australian TV in January each year.

Go figure .....

I HOPE 'rage' could consider playing some more COUNTDOWN episodes on their Monday VAULT Specials over February, that could be a really good solution :relieved: How about some of you suggest that to 'rage' if you are on Facebook?

I guess all we can do is be happy with what is hopefully a FANTASTIC February with lots of COUNTDOWN galore. Till then, see you all on here in February.

I am really ****** off. 2 years in a row they’ve jerked us around 😡

Is it too late to put in requests?

February is not ideal but it could be worse

Matt
Hi Jason, any word from the ABC or rage as to whether rage goes retro is in January or February next year? Really hope it’s back to normal!
Here’s a response I received from one of the rage programmers on twitter:

“rage is shutdown for a few weeks over January since it is the only time staff can take a break with their friends and family. New releases return on January 16. We managed to save retro month by getting it moved to february. i hope you understand it was out of our control. i hope you enjoy the lineup that i'm coming back from leave early to program in late january. I spent half my holidays in iso but i'll spend some time at the beach to be nice and fresh and ready to delve into the archives and dust off lots of Countdown for you“.

not sure about requests but you’re right, they could have canceled it all together.

At Gary,

I ALWAYS put my fabulous request list in on October, November and December, I would think now is far too late. I always email 'rage' my request list in October so they have months to locate the episodes I wish for :heart_eyes:

I am VERY pleased to read the part of the message from the person at rage saying:

"I spent half my holidays in iso but i'll spend some time at the beach to be nice and fresh and ready to delve into the archives and dust off lots of Countdown for you“.

Sounds like they are making up for only 6 Episodes last year which is GREAT! *** YAY ***

The person at rage sounds like they at least give a D A M N about 'rage goes retro' in February, so I am pleased they made the statement and are returning in late January to make sure lots of Countdown gets played in January. After reading their statement, I think we may receive a STACK of Countdown Episodes!!!!!! I really, realllllllly hope so!!!!!!!! :heart_eyes:

Thank You Matt for posting their message on my Forum, I gladly appreciate it! :sunglasses:

Hi all, I'm back! Well that was a c@#t of a read....

I was very optomistic about it returning in January this year, keeping tabs on rage posts on instagram. I knew we weren't going to get rage retro on 1st January as they have to play all the new years party ****.

I did DM them on Instagram about a month ago and didn't get a reply. I was hoping the next post after Crowded House was 'rage retro' (which I still prefer to call it Countdown) on 8 January...not to be.

Retro/Countdown in January was an institution. It was when we relived another era sat back and staying up in the wee hours of a hot January while most of us (including the record companies) were on hiatus as there were no new record releases. Oh well, I guess now everything never stops and is constant 24/7.

See you in February!!!

Hello Michael,

As you know, we speak on Instagram and though I haven't been on Instagram for over a month due to being sick of Social Media. We both prefer January being called Countdown month as that what is was for many years throughout the 90s etc.

As soon as they called it 'rage goes retro' the focus on Countdown got smaller and smaller.

I am not surprised rage didn't get back to you on Instagram, always best to email them. Though, I got no response this time around, seems they respond on Twitter at the moment.

See you all in February 2022 as well, now I have read messages that those on social media have posted here which I thank for. I now know what is going on in February. I can't wait till January is over as Countdown repeats are my reason for living in the twisted world.

Hi Jason, I was concerned that you hadn't posted on Instagram for over a month and was hoping everything was okay. I knew you have breaks from social media every now and then. I did email rage as well as DM them. I'm still waiting for a post on Instagram to say its been moved to February!

Jason 'The Moderator'
At Gary,

I ALWAYS put my fabulous request list in on October, November and December, I would think now is far too late. I always email 'rage' my request list in October so they have months to locate the episodes I wish for :heart_eyes:

I am VERY pleased to read the part of the message from the person at rage saying:

"I spent half my holidays in iso but i'll spend some time at the beach to be nice and fresh and ready to delve into the archives and dust off lots of Countdown for you“.

Sounds like they are making up for only 6 Episodes last year which is GREAT! *** YAY ***

The person at rage sounds like they at least give a D A M N about 'rage goes retro' in February, so I am pleased they made the statement and are returning in late January to make sure lots of Countdown gets played in January. After reading their statement, I think we may receive a STACK of Countdown Episodes!!!!!! I really, realllllllly hope so!!!!!!!! :heart_eyes:

Thank You Matt for posting their message on my Forum, I gladly appreciate it! :sunglasses:

No worries Jason, happy to provide some info for everyone. Countdown month is my favorite time of year!

Michael
Hi Jason, I was concerned that you hadn't posted on Instagram for over a month and was hoping everything was okay. I knew you have breaks from social media every now and then. I did email rage as well as DM them. I'm still waiting for a post on Instagram to say its been moved to February!
Awww, thanks Michael.

I am glad we can help each other like poor you getting DVD's of Countdown last year from someone recording with bars. You will always have my back for doing copies for you in 4.3 full picture if you have pixelation problems like you did last year.

If it wasn't for some people on here posting what 'rage' are posting about 'rage goes retro' being moved to February on social media forms like Twitter and Facebook, I would have no idea what is going on. As even when I am on Instagram, rage don't really post updates on such important things like 'rage goes retro' being moved to February on there, they seem to stick to Twitter and Facebook as both Twitter and Facebook are more common for people fighting on them etc... Instagram is more for photography, art, fashion and music collections.

rage will only post what is on 'rage goes retro' on Instagram when it gets to February, so even if I was using Instagram the last few weeks, rage wouldn't have given me or us who want to know what is going on any information.

Matt
Jason \'The Moderator\'
At Gary,

I ALWAYS put my fabulous request list in on October, November and December, I would think now is far too late. I always email \'rage\' my request list in October so they have months to locate the episodes I wish for :heart_eyes:

\"I spent half my holidays in iso but i\'ll spend some time at the beach to be nice and fresh and ready to delve into the archives and dust off lots of Countdown for you“.

The person at rage sounds like they at least give a D A M N about \'rage goes retro\' in February, so I am pleased they made the statement and are returning in late January to make sure lots of Countdown gets played in January. After reading their statement, I think we may receive a STACK of Countdown Episodes!!!!!! I really, realllllllly hope so!!!!!!!! :heart_eyes:

No worries Jason, happy to provide some info for everyone. Countdown month is my favorite time of year!
Soooo GLAD you are keeping us on the loop who don't use Twitter and Facebook, I REALLY and TRULY appreciate it!

If I didn't keep this Forum going, I would simply have to wait till February and keep looking at the website or have to log in back to Facebook or Twitter.

Countdown month is certainly my favourite month of the year as well but has been sadly neglected lately. Let's HOPE for a really GREAT Countdown month in February with as MUCH Countdown as possible!

Praying for More Countdown and maybe The Factory to Compensate for Last Year’s Woeful Selections?