Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Countdown Revolution Episodes on RAGE during Retro Season 2012?

Oh my goodness Jason!!!!

I was a HUGE fan of the track Zah House from Zah Zah Zah in 1989/90!!!!

I taped the video from Video Hits and it was the only time I saw it, I still have my 12" copy too :-)

I lost that VHS with the Zah House video on it and have since been trying to get a copy but have not had any luck!

Are you able to get me a copy of the video?

I loved the video with the girl with the pass she had in her hand.

Zah House is still one of my favourite Synth House tracks EVER!

Again, I had the video clip from Video Hits but never saw the Countdown Revolution performance, WOW!. I hope I see it someday!!!!! Very odd that I missed it on Countdown Revolution, as I watched it all the time.

I agree Lisa Collins and Tania Lacey were clearly the standout hosts, looking back on the show now.

I see Lisa posted in this thread earlier, but did the ladies go and have decent success elsewhere, post CR.

I dont remember seeing them on TV after CR.

stephen
I agree Lisa Collins and Tania Lacey were clearly the standout hosts, looking back on the show now.

I see Lisa posted in this thread earlier, but did the ladies go and have decent success elsewhere, post CR.

I dont remember seeing them on TV after CR.

So weird that Lisa Collins posted on here the other day. Hi Lisa! LOL... Is aw you a few times when I went tot he C.rev tapings...

Ok yes the hip hop presenter was rinella and she was a very cool chick so font be deceived by the appearances we gave on air cos we looked and acted ****ed! Oops can I say the f word on here? Nice to see darryn also commented mate you used to make laugh! Unfortunately I missed the repeats on rage (maybe that's fortunate) countdown was a pretty full on time for an 18 yr old. Plucked from singing in a pub to doing tv as Darryn said no scripts no training and so embarrassingly green! But 23 years on it makes me giggle. No I didn't do a lot else whoever it was that made that comment, few ads, lots of singing but nothing major. Andy McLean went onto front horsehead, last I heard Dan woods was filming autopsies for a living! Haven't heard or seen anyone for a million years although did get sn email from the very cool rinella not the black lesbian looking chic. Man we used to get trashed together not at all the image the abc wanted up give off!

Hi Lisa, sorry if this is a rude question, but what was the pay like back then hosting Countdown Revolution?

The pay for an 18 yr old was good I Spose considering it was 1989....I've got no idea what others were paid, if we were on the same amounts etc. I was paid $700 a week - trust me at 18 that was huge!

Using the RBA's inflation calculator, $700 in 1989 dollars equates to $1321.21 in 2012 dollars (the latest it goes to)... or approx. $68703 p.a.

Apology accepted!