Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: rage goes retro 4 - sneak peak EXCLUSIVE INFORMATION UPDATE. FINALLY more Countdown plus Rock Ar

Ugh, 1991. How sufferable. It was rather hideous the first time around minus Kylie Minogue and bits of pop. Why am I NOT surprised rage are doing Alternative/Indie 90s and why am I not surprised Nirvana is mentioned. Ughhhhh, I loathed the 90s in the 90s and still loathe them but 1990 was good and 1991 was just bareabley good till the hell of 1992 came along.

Just a pity that the 90's always need to be grunge as 1990 was actually a great start to the decade and 1990 Countdown Revolutions still had that 80s vibe to it a little bit.

Re: rage goes retro 4 - sneak peak EXCLUSIVE INFORMATION UPDATE. FINALLY more Countdown plus Rock Ar

Ratcat lol blast from the past. I'm a big fan of 90's pop Brit-pop in particular like Blur Oasis Suede etc. Not into the grunge bands at all except for a few songs. Have really enjoyed every week so far and week 4 looks like ending Retro month on a high.

For me 1990 & 1991 Top 50 mainstream was great. As good as the 80s and as Jason said it all went **** in '92. Grunge, Hip Hop, R&B were killing the charts, literally! Lol. it got better in '95 with britpop, then manufactued girl band and boy bands (after SG & BSB) finished off the decade. Great summary i think.

The grunge hip hop etc scene was the US charts which were mostly rubbish in the 90's.

90's UK pop scene was much cooler until the Britney's and Spices took over

Britney is an American, not British.