Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: rage VAULT updates on Facebook

I don't understand why don't they show old Countdown episodes on the Monday night that people have been requesting? Do they deliberately hold them back for the January "Rage Goes Retro" programs? Are they difficult to track down? Is it too much work???

Surely it would be more interesting than a bunch of video clips we've seen a zillion times? I'd even settle for some Countdown Revolution/Factory stuff if push came to shove.

Ryan Bryant
I don't understand why don't they show old Countdown episodes on the Monday night that people have been requesting? Do they deliberately hold them back for the January "Rage Goes Retro" programs? Are they difficult to track down? Is it too much work???

Surely it would be more interesting than a bunch of video clips we've seen a zillion times? I'd even settle for some Countdown Revolution/Factory stuff if push came to shove.
Um, except the vault has shown many rare and not-aired-on-rage since they were new releases/in the charts videos over the last 5 and a bit years on the Monday night vault episodes.

It's only during the retro month Saturday morning slots and in-between retro program videos on Saturday night that we get a bunch of common clips that they've aired in recent years. Same with the Mardi Gras specials of recent years, which have been c r a p/full of commonly-aired/repeated videos (it was once an opportunity for them to dig out some seldom-seen videos).

1980 is next week's vault theme, going by the Saturday morning preview.

10:00am

STEPHANIE MILLS Never Knew Love Like This Before (20th Century Fox)
BOZ SCAGGS Jojo (CBS)
LEO SAYER Once In A While (Chrysalis)
GLENN CARDIER Expectations (Infinity)
THE POLICE De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da (A & M Records)
PLASTIC BERTRAND Telephone A Telephone Mon Bijou (RCA)
ABBA On And On And On (RCA Victor)

Don't think I can recall "Once In A While" which was probably the follow up to "More Than I Can Say" or the Plastic Bertrand one