Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rage goes retro 1 : FOUR COUNTDOWN EPISODES - FULL ARCHIVAL INFO ON EACH EPISODE (All my requests!)

So rage have delivered on rage goes retro 1 with FOUR Countdown Episodes! * And from my 11 episode Countdown requests, rage are playing 4 Episodes out of my 11 suggestions this weekend so far! **** I couldn't be more pleased!!!!!! I am basically programming all the Countdown episodes. Below, is FULL information on each episode being played , enjoy!

The Dr Hook episode is listed as 30/05/1982 in my archives but rage list it as the 28th May, 1982.

I unfortunately just realised that the 1980 episode being played this weekend to start off rage goes retro is one that I only last month got from Guru Bob with Timer Code, so I could have avoided that episode. But I put in my requests months ago and I didn't realise I would have soon got a copy from Guru Bob. Though the Timer Code on that 1980 Episode really bothered me as it was on the top and it was huge ... Plus, rage have to play everything they have anyway eventually.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Year:1980
Date:27/04/1980
Show no:237
Summary:THERE IS AN INTERVIEW WITH TIM RICE AND GIL TUCKER HOSTS THE SHOW.
LIVE STUDIO ITEMS:
MENTAL AS ANYTHING 'COME AROUND'
ANGELA AYRES 'KEY TO MY HEART'
TANKS 'ROCK AND ROLL'
JO JO ZEP & THE FALCONS 'ALL I WANNA DO'
LOCAL ARTISTS VIDEO CLIPS:
KIM HART 'LOVE AT FIRST NIGHT'
OVERSEAS ARTISTS VIDEO CLIPS:
SKY 'TOCCATTA'
J GEILS BAND 'COME BACK'
JANIS IAN 'FLY TOO HIGH'
B A ROBERTSON 'KOOL IN A KAFTAN'
PAUL MCCARTNEY 'COMING UP'
EAGLES 'I CAN'T TELL YOU WHY'
CHARTBUSTERS:
PLAYER 1 'SPACE INVADERS'
MI-SEX 'PEOPLE'
ROCKY BURNETTE 'TIRED OF TOEIN THE LINE'
HUMDRUM ITEMS:
AIR SUPPLY 'LOST IN LOVE'
JULIE COVINGTON 'DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA'
TOP TEN ITEMS:
KENNY ROGERS 'COWARD OF THE COUNTY'
CHRISTIE ALLEN 'HE'S MY NUMBER 1'
JANIS IAN 'FLY TOO HIGH'
PLAYER 1 'SPACE INVADERS'
B52'S 'ROCK LOBSTER'
MICHAEL JACKSON 'ROCK WITH YOU'
PRETENDERS 'BRASS IN POCKET'
QUEEN 'CRAZY LITTLE THING CALLED LOVE'
PINK FLOYD 'ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL'
SPLIT ENZ 'I GOT YOU'

______________________________________________________________________________________

Year:1981
Date:13/12/1981
Show no:314
Summary:THIS IS FINAL SHOW FOR 1981,HOSTED BY JAMES REYNE FROM AUSTRALIAN CRAWL WITH A PROMO FOR THE BOOK 'ROCK ALL OVER THE WORLD'. A PREVIEW OF SONGS WHICH COULD PROVE SUCCESSFUL OVER SUMMER BREAK
AND A VIDEO PACKAGE FROM ROLLING STONES 'TATTOO YOU' ALBUM.
LIVE STUDIO ITEMS:
AUSTRALIAN CRAWL 'LAKESIDE','OH NO NOT YOU AGAIN'
ALIENS 'I DON'T CARE'
JOE DOLCE 'CHRISTMAS IN AUSTRALIA'
IAN DURY 'WHAT A WASTE' (PRE-RECORDED)
LOCAL ARTISTS VIDEO CLIPS:
MEN AT WORK 'DOWN UNDER'
GO GO'S 'OUR LIPS ARE SEALED'
LOVERBOY 'WORKING FOR THE WEEKEND'
ABBA 'WHEN IT'S ALL SAID AND DONE'
ULTRAVOX 'THE VOICE'
SUMMER PREVIEW ITEMS:
BEE GEES 'LYING EYES'
DIANA ROSS 'WHY DO FOOLS FALL IN LOVE'
GENESIS 'NO REPLY AT ALL'
MARIANNE FAITHFULL 'INTRIGUE'
J GEILS BAND 'CENTREFOLD'
TONI BASIL 'MICKEY'
ROLLING STONES PACKAGE:
'START ME UP','WAITING FOR A FRIEND','HANG FIRE'
TOP TEN ITEMS:
ROD STEWART 'TONIGHT I'M YOURS'
BILLY SQUIER 'THE STROKE'
SHAKIN STEVENS 'GREEN DOOR'
BILL WYMAN 'JE SUIS UN ROCK STAR'
ROLLING STONES 'START ME UP'
DAVID BOWIE/QUEEN 'UNDER PRESSURE'
POLICE 'EVERY LITTLE THING SHE DOES IS MAGIC'
MEN AT WORK 'DOWN UNDER'
CLIFF RICHARD 'WIRED FOR SOUND'
OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN 'PHYSICAL'

Year:1982
Date:30/05/1982
Show no:330
Summary:RAY AND DENNIS FROM DR HOOK ARE GUEST PRESENTERS.
LIVE STUDIO ITEMS:
YOUNG HOMEBUYERS 'TAKE ONE STEP'
SARDINE 'SUDAN'
DR HOOK 'BABY MAKES HER BLUE JEANS TALK'
DURAN DURAN 'HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF'
J GEILS BAND 'FREEZE FRAME'
JOHN COUGAR, LATER KNOWN AS JOHN COUGAR MELLENCAMP AND
JOHN MELLENCAMP 'HURTS SO GOOD'
ROXY MUSIC 'MORE THAN THIS'
FUN BOY THREE & BANANARAMA 'IT AIN'T WHAT YOU DO'
FIXX 'STAND OR FALL'
SANDIE SHAW 'ANYONE WHO HAD A HEART'
HUEY LEWIS AND THE NEWS 'DO YOU BELIEVE IN LOVE'
CHARTBUSTERS:
SWANEE 'TEMPORARY HEARTACHE'
KRAFTWERK 'THE MODEL'
XTC 'SENSE WORKING OVERTIME'
LEO SAYER 'HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN LOVE'
HUMDRUM ITEMS:
YUKI TAKAHASHI 'MURDERED BY THE MUSIC'
BOOMTOWN RATS 'HOUSE ON FIRE'
WAITRESSES 'I KNOW WHAT BOYS LIKE'
DIANA ROSS & MICHAEL JACKSON 'EASE ON DOWN'
TOP TEN ITEMS:
SPLIT ENZ 'DIRTY CREATURE'
MOVING PICTURES 'WHAT ABOUT ME'
MEN AT WORK 'BE GOOD JOHNNY'
JOEY SCARBURY 'BELIEVE IT OR NOT'
PAUL MCCARTNEY & STEVIE WONDER 'EBONY & IVORY'
COLD CHISEL 'FOREVER NOW'
LEO SAYER 'HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN LOVE'
JO KENNEDY 'BODY AND SOUL'
TONI BASIL 'MICKEY'
JOAN JETT & THE BLACKHEARTS 'I LOVE ROCK N ROLL'

Year:1984
Date:26/02/1984
Show no:405
Summary:Show is hosted by Alex Smith from, MOVING PICTURES, AND INCL IV SMITH RE NEW ALBUM VIDEO CLIPS: QED 'EVERYWHERE I GO'
THE CURE 'LOVE CATS'
CHINA CRISIS 'WORKING WITH FIRE AND STEEL'
JOHN COUGAR, LATER KNOWN AS JOHN COUGAR MELLENCAMP AND
JOHN MELLENCAMP 'PINK HOUSES'
JO BOXERS 'JEALOUS LOVE' AND IV TWO BAND MEMBERS
LEVEL 42 'THE SUN GOES DOWN'
TINA TURNER 'LET'S STAY TOGETHER'
MARILYN 'CALLING YOUR NAME'
THOMPSON TWINS 'HOLD ME NOW'
FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD 'RELAX'
TOP TEN:
QUEEN 'RADIO GAGA'
QUIET RIOT 'CUM ON FEEL THE NOISE'
IRENE CARA 'WHY ME'
PARTON & ROGERS 'ISLANDS IN THE STREAM'
JOHN LENNON 'NOBODY TOLD ME'
CULTURE CLUB 'VICTIMS'
MICHAEL JACKSON 'THRILLER'
MONDO ROCK 'COME SAID THE BOY'
INXS 'ORIGINAL SIN'
PAT BENATAR 'LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD'

Re: rage goes retro 1 : FOUR COUNTDOWN EPISODES - FULL ARCHIVAL INFO ON EACH EPISODE (All my reques

thanks, saved me looking it up. All repeat episodes though i think? possibly from quite a number of years ago though when i was recording on the dvd recorder.

I know there's another ep hosted or co hosted by Alex Smith where they did the song 'Never' live, same one?

Re: rage goes retro 1 : FOUR COUNTDOWN EPISODES - FULL ARCHIVAL INFO ON EACH EPISODE (All my reques

Bernie
thanks, saved me looking it up. All repeat episodes though i think? possibly from quite a number of years ago though when i was recording on the dvd recorder.

I know there's another ep hosted or co hosted by Alex Smith where they did the song 'Never' live, same one?
No there are no repeats. All 4 of these episodes have never been repeated on rage. A few people here on the page have done their research.

I've arrived home from seeing Five Foot Gaga: The Lady Gaga Experience which was excellent! Now retro rage time!

Definitely NO repeats. rage have never played the four episodes well.

I do my research well when requesting and I've been watching repeats since the Early 90's.

All 4 not aired since their original date *

maybe i'm reading too much into it but it seems like maybe y'all are a bit offended at me saying they MIGHT have been repeat episodes, soz, just my memory playing tricks on me then eh. And they do repeat content of other episodes.

Considering several people already spent several days during the week breaking down exactly what we would be shown, and pointing out what had already been shown & when, it's just a bit weird when someone then comes along and says something that has already been demonstrated to be incorrect. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

what can i say, i don't read every post & tbh seems a bit sad IF people are finding stuff to get antsy over when there's no need. My post was certainly not intended to be in that tone, just a discussion point...

NO FIGHTING on here or I will be deleting the past posts.

Just chill out everyone PLEASE!

Just finished watching retro Week 1 over the past few days. A bit late as i left Sunday morning the following day for the start of the tennis in Melbourne.

I loved the 26/2/84 episode. 1982 is my fave year in music, but i now feel Countdown 1984 really is my fave of all the Countdown years. Molly talking about all the new aussie singles to be released shortly after a quiet summer, and about to fire up the charts was so exciting and how great the singles in early '84!

Pat Benatar at No.1, yet again, and the very short snippet of Pat thanking Molly and Countdown for making it a big hit. That few seconds was the highlight! Alex and Molly great co-hosts. Molly co-hosting with the host was always special.

Wow, that took you awhile.

I watch them on the nights they are aired liv.

I'd die waiting that long, glad you enjoyed my 1984 request!

All the 4 were my requests but I really did love that 1984 episode!

I know a bit late, but couldn't stay up all night if I was driving down to Melbourne the next day/that morning. Made the escape back to the ACT on Friday before Melbourne lockdown. If I got home after 12pm on Friday I would have had to quarantine at home for 5 days!!!

There's no way on earth I could wait 1930 weeks to watch an episode of Countdown again.
I absolutely had to watch it only 1929 weeks after it aired.
Honestly if you're willing to wait 1930 weeks do you even like music?

If you've been on this forum as long as me, notching up 16 years, then i believe i am Countdown's third biggest fan after Jason and Arminof course..and i like to think i was an instrumental part in getting Countdown onto rage way back in Jan '93. All those weeks in 1992 ringing up the rage hotline to play Countdown. I know you're only having a dig, going by your username. Lol.