Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ARIA Top 50 Charts - scanned copies

From what i recall, Gavin used to work for 'Smash Hits'!

I may have some of the 1986-7 albums charts (I don't have any of the poster-sized ones), but don't yet have them scanned. When lockdown restrictions are eased, I plan to scan the charts I have at my sister's place (she has a feed-through scanner, which is what I need - otherwise it would take too long).

As Michael mentioned, Gavin's site may have some of the singles charts scans - I know he got hold of some more of the 1986 ones since originally writing about those weeks in 2016, and is now only missing 2 or 3 scans from the whole year. His site has recently undergone a major upgrade - https://www.chartbeats.com.au/

And yes, Gavin used to work for Smash Hits and was the editor for a couple of years in the early 2000s.

Thanks Nathan - that would be great if you can scan those missing Albums Charts.

I'm also enjoying the read on your Bubbling Down Under site. I've always wondered how some of those songs performed. Looking forward to the ones from the 1990's in the new year.

Thank you.

Clint
Thanks Nathan - that would be great if you can scan those missing Albums Charts.

I'm also enjoying the read on your Bubbling Down Under site. I've always wondered how some of those songs performed. Looking forward to the ones from the 1990's in the new year.

Thank you.
Clint, I've got some of those charts scanned now - but it is by no means a complete set, and some of them have underlining/writing on them (not my doing).

Thanks for reading my blog - I'm glad some people like it.

Thank you Nathan.

That would be great if you can send them to my email address.

Regards.

Nathan - I also found some more info for one of your blogs dated 6/2/1989.

Clint
Nathan - I also found some more info for one of your blogs dated 6/2/1989.
That sounds interesting! If you are on facebook, you could message me there via https://www.facebook.com/bubblingdownunder/

Michael
Clint, Gavin who used to post on this forum, would do a weekly 'this week in...' and link to his blog 'chartbeats'......
Gavin's former blog, now a full blown web site, can be found at https://www.chartbeats.com.au/