Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kenny Rogers dies at 81

1910404-3x2-940x627

American country singer-songwriter Kenny Rogers has died at the age of 81.

His family announced he passed away peacefully at his home from natural causes.

Rogers's entertainment career spanned more than six decades, with chart-topping hits including The Gambler and Islands In The Stream.

His family is planning a small private service out of concern for the coronavirus pandemic, and will celebrate his life publicly with friends and fans at a later date.

The Houston-born performer with the husky voice and silver beard sold tens of millions of records and won three Grammys.

He was also the star of TV movies based on The Gambler and other songs, making him a superstar in the 1970s and '80s.

Rogers thrived for some 60 years before he retired from touring in 2017 at the age of 79.

Despite his crossover success, he always preferred to be thought of as a country singer.

"You either do what everyone else is doing and you do it better, or you do what no one else is doing and you don't invite comparison," Rogers told The Associated Press in 2015.

"And I chose that way because I could never be better than Johnny Cash or Willie [Nelson] or Waylon [Jennings] at what they did.

Re: Kenny Rogers dies at 81

Screen-Shot-2020-03-26-at-12-58-17-pm