Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Countdown Information Errors on Rage

Michael
That episode was originally aired on Sunday 17 November. Countdown was replayed on the following Saturday 23 November. It has a few of us stumped on this forum about 8 years ago or whenever rage played it.
thanks for the info, so you mean that particular episode was replayed on the Sat 23? If that's the case i guess someone at Rage stuffed up & put the repeat date on screen.

Technically, Rage are right with these on-screen dates, in that they probably had access to an episode from Sunday, and also episodes from six days later, when they repeated Countdown on Saturday. So, 23rd November 1985 is technically correct, as that would have been the episode that was replayed. Easier for us to understand when they put the original 'Sunday' airing date.

ok let's just say that both dates are correct then lol

Ha ha ... I'd rather they had just the 'Sunday' original air dates. :relaxed:

The Dr Hook episode which was played on rage last night had a date of 28.05.1982. All the lists I have seen have the show as 30.05.1982. Also Molly clearly mentioned during this episode that there would be a "NEW" C/D episode on the following Friday night. This Friday night would be 4.06.1982. I haven't seen this episode on any list that I have seen. Can anyone shed any light on this Friday night episode?

kiersey
The Dr Hook episode which was played on rage last night had a date of 28.05.1982. All the lists I have seen have the show as 30.05.1982. Also Molly clearly mentioned during this episode that there would be a "NEW" C/D episode on the following Friday night. This Friday night would be 4.06.1982. I haven't seen this episode on any list that I have seen. Can anyone shed any light on this Friday night episode?

The previous episodes are 9th,16th and the 23rd so it's the 30th for sure

Another Rage error

kiersey
May 28 was the recording date and May 30 was the date it aired. They have used the recording date for some reason.

The new show on the following Friday June 4 was called Countdown Second Edition. I don't know what was shown on that episode.

On June 11 and 18 I believe they reverted to showing repeats and then they showed the 1982 World Cup Soccer in that time slot for a few weeks. On July 23 it was renamed Countdown Friday and ran for twenty episodes until December. It was a half hour show that was purely clips but did include some live Countdown performance clips.

This was discussed a while back in another thread in case you are interested. I am only aware of 3 episodes existing in the archives but they may all be there.
http://pub24.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2015862427&frmid=135&msgid=960937&cmd=show

In 1983 their second show was called Countdown Flipside which aired on Saturdays and Brett (2) who posts on here occasionally has 5 off air recordings of episodes that he made of that show and they are the only 5 known episodes to exist. It doesn't look like the ABC have any.

I WAS WONDERING LAST FRIDAY WHY THE DATE WAS DIFFERENT.

Thanks Armin, that is great information, appreciate it.