Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Which blank DVD-R's are the best?

I use Verbatim now, think I bought them from Big W. Also used TDK, way back when I first bought a $1300 Sony RDR-GX7 DVD recorder (that didn't even have a HDD!) to transfer all my Countdowns from VHS direct to DVD. Plus - back then the TDK DVD-R's came in a jewel case and cost around $7 to $8!! I had everyone Countdown replayed on rage since 1993 to transfer and put 2 episodes per disc (recorded in SP mode). So every Countdown replayed on Rage from Jan 1993 to Jan 2004 took a fair while and a lot of expense, which at time (mid 2004), took months to accomplish and had to be done in real time, and understandably my wife was a bit bored of so much Countdown every night after work! However, all those DVD's, even though recorded on the very first old gen Sony DVD recorder, all still play fine on newer equipment - so yes TDK were good (but they were also made in Japan back then). Just make sure whatever you buy from ebay is legit, there are a lot of clever copies of so many things on ebay - for example fake Senheisser headphones, Monster cables and Oakley sunglasses.

Re: Which blank DVD-R's are the best?

I just wanted to express my gratitude to all those who responded to my query regarding DVD-R's. I hadn't visited the website again until now and didn't receive an email alert regarding the replies so wasn't aware there were any. I really appreciate the advice/comments and will now be able to make an informed choice. I was really concerned about not being able to preserve video content on a hard format so thanks again everyone.
Cheers, Phil