Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Melbourne Swanston street video of AC/DC playing It's a long way to the top on back of truck ...

As I understand it, Countdown arranged for the video shoot on 23 Feb 1976. Does anyone know where a good quality copy of the video can be obtained? I am specifically want some images of the amplifier equipment on the truck. On-line you-tube video has relatively poor resolution and I'm not yet able to adequately discern some amplifier details.

Re: Melbourne Swanston street video of AC/DC playing It's a long way to the top on back of truck ..

Tim Robbins
As I understand it, Countdown arranged for the video shoot on 23 Feb 1976. Does anyone know where a good quality copy of the video can be obtained? I am specifically want some images of the amplifier equipment on the truck. On-line you-tube video has relatively poor resolution and I'm not yet able to adequately discern some amplifier details.
There were two videos shot that day (or at least they looked like they were from the same day).

The common clip of the band on the back of the truck going down Swanston Street which airs quite often on Rage. I think it was shown on the ABC series entitled Long Way To The Top which was released on video so should be available although I can't confirm it was on there - someone else might know.

A second video is shot in the old City Square (where the yellow peril was later). That was definitely a Countdown clip as you can see numerous camera people filming the performance wearing Countdown T-Shirts. Rage actually showed that rarer 2nd version in their New Years Eve special about 5 weeks ago. I'm not sure if they had shown that version before but I think I remembered seeing all their equipment set up there.

Re: Melbourne Swanston street video of AC/DC playing It's a long way to the top on back of truck ..

Super info, thanx. It would have been a memorable day in the city, but alas I was probably in Mildura waiting for year 12 to start. My target is to try and discern the Fhone amplifier model used on the rear of the truck - perhaps a nerdy aim, but the journey is full of memorable aspects, given I like many grew up with only Countdown providing video of bands, and the local radio station (3MA) was not very progressive, and the stratosphere had to be in good shape to pick-up 2JJ.

I was able to download the City Square video, and that has much better footage of the amps - so I have succeeded in getting what I wanted. Ta.