Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rage's amazing reply to me via email !!!!

I checked my countdownmemories email only about half an hour ago and rage actually replied to me in regards to my Countdown suggestions which are below, rage responded on 31st December, 2018 at 12:32 pm !!!!!

I am sooooo privileged, never have rage messaged me back regarding requests! ... Here is my original email to them which I emailed to them in October and then 2 weeks ago in December *

*******************************************************************************************************************

Hi rage,

It is not long till the year '2018' wraps up and 'rage goes retro' will be here again in January '2019'. As a long devoted Countdown lover, I have below submitted a list of Countdown Episodes with lots of Studio Performances and some with more Vault videos which are more on the Rare side. If rage could consider playing as little or as much of the 10 Countdown episodes below on 'rage goes retro' January '2019' I would be ecstatic. If not, thanks for looking at them anyway :-)

Thanks again for every January

Kind Regards
Jason

*******************************************************************************************************************

COUNTDOWN: Date:04/05/1980
Show no: 238

Summary: SHOW IS HOSTED BY JON ENGLISH.

LIVE STUDIO PERFORMANCES:

SHARON O’NEILL – WORDS

JAMES FREUD & THE RADIO STARS – MODERN GIRL

TOMMY SHAW – BOAT ON THE RIVER

JON ENGLISH – CARMILLA

VIDEO CLIPS FROM:

CRAZE, GARY NUMAN, MAJOR MATCHBOX, GODLEY & CRÈME AND MORE …

******************************************************************************************************************

COUNTDOWN: Date:08/06/1980

Show no: 243

Summary: SHOW HOSTED BY DARYL COTTON.

LIVE STUDIO ITEMS:

THE DUGITES – IN YOUR CAR

MI-SEX – SPACE RACE

JAMES FREUD & THE RADIO STARS – MODERN GIRL

DARRYL COTTON – HERE COMES ANOTHER HEARTACHE

VIDEO CLIPS FROM:

PAT BENETAR, QUEEN, THE PRETENDERS, JO JO ZEP & MORE….

******************************************************************************************************************

COUNTDOWN: Date:22/06/1980
Show no: 245
Summary: SHOW IS HOSTED BY JAMES REYNE AND INCLS REGULAR SEGMENTS, CHARTBUSTERS AND HUMDRUM MUSIC NEWS, DURING WHICH MOLLY IV'S JANIS IAN RE HER SONGWRITING, GRAMMYS AND WORKING WITH GIORGIO MORODER.

STUDIO PERFORMANCES:
AUSTRALIAN CRAWL 'DOWNHEARTED'
CHRIS PELCER 'YOU CAN BE MY SLAVE'
JOHN FARNHAM 'HELP'
JANIS IAN 'FLY TOO HIGH'
JANIS IAN 'THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SUN'

VIDEO CLIPS FROM:
THE ROMANTICS, JUDIE TZUKE, SPARKS,
BROTHERS JOHNSON, THE VETERANS,

CHRISTOPHER, GARY NUMAN

COUNTDOWN: Date:17/08/1980
Show no: 253
Summary:CHERRY RIPE INTERVIEWS JAMES FREUD IN LONDON AND DJ'S FROM 6PM,5AD,7HT,3XY,4BC AND 2WS HOST THE SHOW AS A LEAD UP TO THE XANADU DANCING CONTEST.

LIVE STUDIO ITEMS:
VAPORS - 'TURNING JAPANESE' VAPORS – ‘WAITING FOR THE WEEKEND'
JO JO ZEP & THE FALCONS 'PUPPET ON A STRING'

LOCAL ARTISTS VIDEO CLIPS:
MENTAL AS ANYTHING 'COME AROUND'
OVERSEAS ARTISTS VIDEO CLIPS FROM:
ROLLING STONES, JONA LEWIE, KATE BUSH,
ROCKY BURNETTE, GRAHAM PARKER 'STUPEFACTION'

HUMDRUM ITEMS:
XANADU 'DANCIN'
CURE 'THE FOREST'
DEVO 'FREEDOM OF CHOICE'
MI-SEX 'IT ONLY HURTS WHEN I'M LAUGHING'

COUNTDOWN: Date – 11/04/1982
Show no: 323
Summary: HOSTED BUY JO KENNEDY & ROSS O’DONOVAN ANS IS THE WEEK LEADING UP TO THE ROCK AWARDS. MOLLY INTERVIEWS JOAN ARMITRADING AND MEMBERS OF THE HUMAN LEAGUE
VIDEO CLIPS:
BLUE RONDO A LA TURK – ME & MR SANCHEZ
ROSS O’DONOVAN – I WANT TO LIVE IN A HOUSE
CHILLIWACK – GONE GONE GONE
DIVINYLS – ONLY LONELY
WENDY & THE ROCKETS – YOUR PLACE OR MINE
SHARON O’NEAL – ALL THE TEA IN CHINA
RICHARD CLAPTON – STRANGE*

*** This episode was listed to be played on rage in January 2017 on the final weekend of rage goes retro, but the 1982 Duran Duran episode was played instead. If this episode could be played as it was advertised for 'rage goes retro' 2017 that would be simply marvellous :-)

COUNTDOWN: Date:12/09/1982

Show: 345

Summary: Hosted BY JOHN FARNHAM AND LRB

OUTLINE – MAYBE IT’S A GAME

INXS – THE ONE THING

AUSTRALIAN CRAWL – DAUGHTERS OF THE NORTHERN COAST

LRB – DOWN ON THE BORDER

VIDEO CLIPS FROM:

ROUGH TRADE, TRIO, DURAN DURAN, SHEENA EASTON AND MORE …

COUNTDOWN: Date:22/05/1983 *Show no: 371

Summary: THIS EDITION OF COUNTDOWN FEATURED NO HOST OR STUDIO PERFORMANCES AND HUMDRUM WAS TAPED AT THE MIGHTY MUSIC MACHINE SHOP WHERE MOLLY IV'D OWNER RE HOW ALTERNATIVE, DANCE AND DISCO CHARTS ARE COMPILED. SHOW ENDED WITH MICHAEL JACKSON'S 'BEAT IT' VIDEO.

VIDEO CLIPS:

VENETIANS 'SOUND ON SOUND AND CLIPS FROM REAL LIFE, PRINCE, TEARS FOR FEARS, ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN, THOMAS DOLBY, SPANDAU BALLET AND MORE

COUNTDOWN: Date: 21/07/1985
Show no: 471
Summary: THIS SHOW IS HOSTED BY HOODOO GURUS.

LIVE STUDIO PERFORMANCES;
SCRITTI POLITTI – THE WORD GIRL
DO RE MI – MAN OVERBOARD

VIDEO CLIPS FROM:
YELLO, EURYTHMICS, TINA TURNER (WITH INTERVIEW) AND MORE …

COUNTDOWN: Date: 27/10/1985
Show no: 485
Summary: THIS SHOW IS HOSTED BY MEMBERS FROM KIDS IN THE KITCHEN AND PRESENTS FTG OF MICHAEL JACKSON IN PERTH. MOLLY IV SCOTT FROM KIDS IN THE KITCHEN RE ALBUM.;

LIVE STUDIO PERFORMANCES:;
PSEUDO ECHO 'DON'T GO';
KIDS IN THE KITCHEN 'NOT THE WAY';
JOHN SWAN & BAND 'SAY YOU'LL DO SOMETHING';

VIDEO CLIPS FROM:

MARK EDWARDS, THE CURE, KATE BUSH, ICEHOUSE, RED BOX, SIMPLE MINDS AND MORE ...

COUNTDOWN; Date:10/08/1986 / Show no: 521
SHOW INCLS REGULAR USA, UK AND AUSTRALIAN TOP 5'S, PROMO FOR COUNTDOWN MAGAZINE AND HUMDRUM WITH MOLLY WEARING HAT AND SHINY LIGHT BLUE SHIRT. ELTON JOHN IV RE DANCING WITH THE QUEEN TO 'ROCK AROUND THE CLOCK' AT PRINCE ANDREW'S 21ST AND HIS UPCOMING TOUR WITH THE MELBOURNE SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA.

I’M TALKING – HOLY WORD

THE VENETIANS – IF SOMEBODY LOVES YOU

GEISHA – PART TIME LOVE AFFAIR

DRAGON – DREAMS OF ORDINARY MEN

VIDEO CLIPS FROM:

JEAN BEAUVOIR, BANANARAMA, MODELS, BOOM CRASH OPERA, SPANDAU BALLET

*** ONE MORE ADDED BELOW ***

COUNTDOWN: Date:10/02/1985
Show no:449

THIS SHOW WAS HOSTED BY KATE CEBERANO AND IAN COX, MOLLY INTRODUCED A NEW SEGMENT IN HUMDRUM - THE
AUSTRALIAN SINGLE TOP 5 TOP TEN ITEMS:
I'M TALKING 'TRUST ME'
MURRAY HEAD 'ONE NIGHT IN BANGKOK' (EXCERPT)
COREY HART 'IT AIN'T ENOUGH' (EXCERPT)
NIK KERSHAW 'THE RIDDLE' (EXCERPT)
POINTER SISTERS 'NEUTRON DANCE'
BRYAN ADAMS 'RUN TO YOU'
THE ANGELS 'LOOK THE OTHER WAY'
TEARS FOR FEARS 'SHOUT'
BILLY OCEAN 'LOVERBOY'
DON HENLEY 'BOYS OF SUMMER'
BAILEY/COLLINS 'EASY LOVER' (EXCERPT)
JIMMY BARNES 'DAYLIGHT'
CULTURE CLUB 'MISTAKE NO.3'

_______________________________________________________________________________________

************** rage - REPLY - On 31st December, 2018 at 12:32 pm **************

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reaching out!

We’ll be playing a few of those episodes this year aswell as some GTK and other bits and pieces. But so far week one (jan 5) is all Countdown eps.

If all goes to plan this Saturday with archives, we’ll be playing the following eps: NZ Invasion, 327, 250, 291 and 238.

Stay tuned for the final playlist on Friday!

Cheers,

rage

:heart_eyes: :kissing_heart: :hugging_face:

Re: rage's amazing reply to me via email !!!!

Wow, you're lucky to have received a reply from them.

A few months ago, I sent them a couple of videos via download link - a better quality CDB 'Let's Groove' (from an official DVD source compared to what they aired, which looked like a rip of a low quality YouTube upload), and the original video for Rozalla's 'Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)' (they have aired the '96 remix version several times, including on the 1992 vault episode, which was clearly the wrong video). I got a receipt that they had downloaded these, but no reply - not that I was expecting one. I also sent them a couple of other Rozalla videos from her first album, in case they don't have them and want them, but they didn't download those. I'd obviously rather they locate their own master tapes, as they are likely to be better/broadcast quality, but seeing poor quality YouTube rips of videos that are available on official DVDs is sad.

I also sent them a link to my 'rage - the early years' video on YouTube, showing segments of videos aired on rage between 1987 and 1989, but didn't get a response.