Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: GTK description for rage goes retro, nooooooo

Gary
IIRC there was one year where they split the weeks into different decades but don't think they advertised it as such.

One thing we can all agree on is hopefully no Recovery:sleeping: :slightly_smiling_face:
The 'different decade a week' does ring a bell. I remember there being one year where they aired 2 or 3 Countdown Revolutions on the one night, plus some Factory. That was 2012, I think.

I also remember a night opening with a 60's episode of Six O'Clock something (forget the exact title), probably from the same year.

Brad
I hope the "Week One - Eighties" banner is not an omen. Week Two - Seventies (GTK) and Week Three - Nineties (Recovery)? What a travesty that would be. Week Four - Noughties? Even that is retro to someone.
Thankfully, there are no 'noughties' programs they could air. Unless they've decided that Triple J TV is 'retro'.

Though I think the 10:30 Slot (which either I wasn't aware of at the time, or completely forgot about its existence) extended into 2000.

At least there's nothing from the 10's they could use if it gets to that at some point in the future :laughing:

ohnoitisnathan
Gary
IIRC there was one year where they split the weeks into different decades but don\'t think they advertised it as such.

One thing we can all agree on is hopefully no Recovery:sleeping: :slightly_smiling_face:
The 'different decade a week' does ring a bell. I remember there being one year where they aired 2 or 3 Countdown Revolutions on the one night, plus some Factory. That was 2012, I think.

I also remember a night opening with a 60's episode of Six O'Clock something (forget the exact title), probably from the same year.
2012 sounds about right. Think there may have been some hit scenes too for the 60's

Six O’Clock Rock title show

Six O’Clock Rock hosted by the late great pioneer of Australian music Johnny O’Keefe aka JOK.