Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who is "Absolutely80sShow" on YouTube? Amazing collection of Aussie 80s clips!

OK - does anyone who's behind the "Absolutely80sShow" on YouTube? I've only recently found it and it's clear that whoever it is they have access to record company videos because all of the videos they posted are (apart from their own cheesy titling over the top) complete from start to finish, have no other titling, and often the only copy of the clip on YouTube.

All are at least 480p resolution (look for the clips uploaded this year - not the old ones from 6 years ago). Some clips (e.g. 1927 ones) have been upscaled to 720p or 1080p so basically preserve all of the original 576 line resolution. Some (but not all) of the 4:3 clips are zoomed in a bit which is annoying.

Some of the amazing clips there include:

EUROGLIDERS - "Laughing Matter" - ultra rare clip, finally get to see it non-pixellated
MONDO ROCK - "A Woman Like You", "Baby Wants To Rock", "Good Advice", and a clip of "State Of The Heart" I have never seen before
MACHINATIONS - a clip for "Jumping The Gap" which I never knew existed. Lots of other Machinations clips.
REAL LIFE - most of their clips
KIDS IN THE KITCHEN - all of their clips (except for the R-rated version of "Current Stand") including "Shine" in full.

I sent a PM to the channel a week ago but no reply. Who are they and how do we get access to those clips!?!?!!

Re: Who is "Absolutely80sShow" on YouTube? Amazing collection of Aussie 80s clips!

I don't know who they are either, but I agree they are a great channel, which fast became one of my favourites to check. Especially impressive were the Kids In The Kitchen clips for 'My Life', unavailable anywhere else, better 'Revolution Love' than elsewhere, Big Pig 'Iron Lung', Priscilla's Nightmare 'She Ain't No Woman', and better Eurogliders 'It Must Be Love' than other sources.

Their own superscript is a shame but a minor niggle compared to not having those clips at all.

I'm hoping they add more. If they do James Reyne maybe they'll uncover more of 'ROCK Rock' than the brief Countdown excerpt, and if they do I'm Talking, maybe 'It's Your Move' by Zan.

Re: Who is "Absolutely80sShow" on YouTube? Amazing collection of Aussie 80s clips!

I think the video clip of Mondo Rock's State Of The Heart was made and produced by Countdown or maybe not? Try YouTube to see if it's true and for the R-rated version of Kids In The Kitchen's Current Stand video, why it was banned from being shown on television?

Nicholas
I think the video clip of Mondo Rock's State Of The Heart was made and produced by Countdown or maybe not? Try YouTube to see if it's true and for the R-rated version of Kids In The Kitchen's Current Stand video, why it was banned from being shown on television?
No, “State Of The Heart” clip on Absolutel80sShow is very different to the Countdown made clip, which has the band playing in a dimly lit single set. I assume the Absolutel80sShow clip is in fact the original promo clip produced by the record company.

Re Kids In The Kitchen, the second version of “Current Stand” is a bit racy, I exaggerated calling it R-rated, but certainly in its day was considered too hot by many TV stations.

Absolutely 80's is the show that Scott Carne (Kids In The Kitchen) and Brian Mannix (Uncanny X-Men) do with a number of guests appearing such as Dale Ryder etc.

They used to tour around Victoria a lot and did a few interstate trips. I think they have a regular show at Crown at the moment.

As such they would have access to their music clips through their contacts.

I've seen them about 3 times from memory. I kept a poster of one of their shows I saw about 5 years ago.

photo Absolutely 80s_zpsq9onasek.png

Thanks Armin - it's a shame we don't have a back-door way into getting the clean copies of those clips. I wonder who does the video titling work and uploading in the YouTube account?