Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kate Bush Special on Monday Night Vault

Monday night 4 June 2018 on ABC

Playlist

2:05am
KATE BUSH Wuthering Heights (EMI)
KATE BUSH Love And Anger (EMI)
KATE BUSH & PETER GABRIEL Don't Give Up (Virgin)
KATE BUSH Running Up That Hill (EMI)
KATE BUSH Wow (EMI)
KATE BUSH And So Is Love (EMI)

2:30am
KATE BUSH This Woman's Work (EMI)
KATE BUSH The Sensual World (EMI)
KATE BUSH Hounds Of Love (EMI)
KATE BUSH The Dreaming (EMI)
KATE BUSH The Big Sky (EMI)
KATE BUSH Babooshka (EMI)
KATE BUSH Sat In Your Lap (EMI)
KATE BUSH Suspended In Gaffa (EMI)

3:00am
KATE BUSH Army Dreamers (EMI)
KATE BUSH Cloudbusting (EMI)
KATE BUSH Experiment IV (EMI)
KATE BUSH Rubberband Girl (EMI)
KATE BUSH The Man With The Child In His Eyes (EMI)

Re: Kate Bush Special on Monday Night Vault

maxresdefault

RetroTragic
maxresdefault
'Hammer Horror' isn't showing next Monday, but going by your still, I didn't know rage had enlarged/stretched it, as the picture there is touching the edge of the watermark. My recording from 2008 isn't enlarged/all fits within the 4:3 screen. I wish they wouldn't tamper with the aspect ratio of old videos.

Oh, unless that's a Classic Countdown still from the Countdown performance, which it may well be.

It is a still from Classic Countdown ... yes. I'm a big fan of Kate Bush, and just wanted to post a 'Countdown' connection with her. They are not playing Hammer Horror, no ... pity. It's a great song, and a great clip from Countdown.

This Kate Bush special doesn't beat the one they did in Oct 2005!

and I recorded it on disc back then and in glorious analogue - no b u l l s h i t with ratios there.

Michael
and I recorded it on disc back then and in glorious analogue - no b u l l s h i t with ratios there.
Likewise, though being analogue, there are some minor (signal) imperfections with my recording. I'm looking forward to grabbing digital copies of a few videos I don't have in watermark-free digital copies of from this.

Michael
I'm the contrarian here who loves digital :grinning:

I'm sorry but analogue TV is (was), relatively speaking, rubbish. The number of people who could receive completely un-ghosted, noise- and interference free signals was tiny (and lucky). And the only way to record it was on magnetic tape with a vertical resolution of about 240 lines, compared to 576 lines in PAL digital.

The times when rage messes up aspect ratios is, yes, a little annoying but in most cases it can be restored it to the original with undetectable loss of quality because in most cases the picture has been horizontally stretched (no loss of pixel content) and one just needs to un-stretch the recording. Digital makes that possible.

The only times they really screw up is when they "zoom" into a 4:3 clip and actually lose some of the original picture content off the top and bottom. Nothing can be done to recover the lost image content in that case because it was never broadcast to begin with. The times that happens is I suspect incompetence or negligence rather than intent.

Looks like fun morning of Kate Bush classics. Definitely one to record. I think Rage did a complete Kate Bush music special one Sunday morning a number of years back and some clips have been featured during a Retro Month from memory. I will still look forward to this one on Tuesday morning. 🙏🎶

Hey Clip Magnet, don't get me wrong i love digital too. They bothhave their pro's and con's. The real positive for me with analogue is the sound. So loud and clear.

Clip Magnet
Michael
I'm the contrarian here who loves digital :grinning:

I'm sorry but analogue TV is (was), relatively speaking, rubbish. The number of people who could receive completely un-ghosted, noise- and interference free signals was tiny (and lucky). And the only way to record it was on magnetic tape with a vertical resolution of about 240 lines, compared to 576 lines in PAL digital.

The times when rage messes up aspect ratios is, yes, a little annoying but in most cases it can be restored it to the original with undetectable loss of quality because in most cases the picture has been horizontally stretched (no loss of pixel content) and one just needs to un-stretch the recording. Digital makes that possible.

The only times they really screw up is when they "zoom" into a 4:3 clip and actually lose some of the original picture content off the top and bottom. Nothing can be done to recover the lost image content in that case because it was never broadcast to begin with. The times that happens is I suspect incompetence or negligence rather than intent.
I think it's a deliberate thing now for rage to zoom in on those letterboxed 4:3 clips. Blondie's 'Nothing Is Real But the Girl' video, for example, which aired last night, was shown blown up to 16:9. But my recording from 2009 (or whenever it was) aired in 4:3. There is only a timer code shown briefly in the bottom horizontal letterbox bar, near the start, on the original, but rage have chopped that off.

Michael
Hey Clip Magnet, don't get me wrong i love digital too. They bothhave their pro's and con's. The real positive for me with analogue is the sound. So loud and clear.
Yes, analogue did sound better than the digital signal does.