Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Countdown Friday episodes?

I was just curious to find out if anyone knows if any of the Countdown Friday episodes that were played during 1982 still exist? It would be great in future Retro Months if these episodes were shown. By memory I think there were around 20 Countdown Fridays shown in 1982. Also, wasn't there a Countdown Flipside show during 1983?

Re: Countdown Friday episodes?

Rage have aired a few Flipside episodes from 1983. I have five of them but there may be more.

There was a thread about a year ago where some Countdown Friday playlists were posted, sourced from the Kent Music Report (Australia's national chart publication at the time).

Here it is:

http://pub24.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2015862427&frmid=135&msgid=960814&cmd=show

Scroll down to the post by me dated Jan 28, 2017 - 6:58PM. That's where the playlists start.

Oops, forget the link above, this thread has all of the playlist that are known:

http://pub24.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2015862427&frmid=135&msgid=960937&cmd=show

As for whether the ABC still have these episodes, I don't know, but I assume they would have, if they have nearly all Countdown episodes from this era.

Thanks for the link Nathan, much appreciated.

No Countdown Flipsides have been screened on Rage, the 5 editions in existence were all taped on VHS home recordings back in 1983. I used to set the timer and put them all on videotape at the time as I was trying to collect older clips, but sadly many of the shows were lost when I opted to re-edit them taking out the clips I didnt like and then wipe the original.