Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SONG FROM 1986-87

Hi, Been trying to find a song for years that I'm sure was on Countdown. But alas I can't seem to find it or even Google gives zero.
The song is if I recall 'Passion'. Although it could have been 'Sometimes Passion'. It was around 1987 and I remember I was at school so was defiantly no later. It may have been an Australian band too.
Any clues? Regards Matt

Re: SONG FROM 1986-87

MATT,

Nothing from 1987 springs to mind, but could it be a bit later?
'Passion' by Bang The Drum fits the "sometimes passion" lyric and is Aussie. It wasn't on during the Countdown years but was a top 50 hit in 1990.

There's one on youtube.

Thats it!!!!!!!!!!! Been trying to find it for years..... I was a bit early obviously! Cheers thats awesome.

They probably performed it on Countdown Revolution. It also features on the 1990 compilation 'Hot or Wot'.

'Only You' is just as good.

Stay Forever, the third single is great as well. Infact, I have the CD and I highly rate it!!