Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two copyright strikes, I'm almost done

Subject says it all - two video takedown notices in two days, my YouTube days are seemingly numbered. There's another video on my channel that is probably ripe for the third strike, it became super-popular about a month ago. The two that were taken down were videos that raised their head above the parapet once they took off.

Still, I've lasted 8 years, over 250 videos, which is not bad considering others with similar forays to mine have been through 2 or 3 channels.

I'm kinda fatalistic about it, if it happens it happens and I won't be returning. My YouTube days will be done. I basically achieved what I set out to achieve so there'll be no regrets.

Re: Two copyright strikes, I'm almost done

Maybe you should do multiple channels, like I do. It's also worth checking where your strikes come from - there are some dodgy people who manually file notices for videos they don't actually own the rights to. I had a Japanese company I'd never heard of try to take down a Gary Clail (UK artist) video, but they had misidentified the track, and I appealed it.

As far as I'm aware, strikes expire after 3 months now anyway; it's only if you get a 3rd non-expired strike that you lose your channel.