Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Request: This mornings Countdown

Hey all,
I totally forgot about this morning Countdown (until half way through the episode.. I'm kicking myself!).
Would some kind soul out there be able to upload the episode as a MKV or something somewhere I can download it from please? (Handbrake is a good free program so transfer from a DVD to either MP4 or MKV).

Thanks very much to anyone that can.. :)

Re: Request: This mornings Countdown

Chad, it should be repeated on ABC ME (formerly known as ABC3) on Sunday night, from around 1:30 Monday morning. But I'd record the whole show (starting from 9:30) just in case it's at a different time, as there was no chart segment from 6-8am Saturday shown this week.

edit - hmmm, the TV guide at yourtv.com.au says rage is finishing at 2:03am Monday morning, which would suggest either the Countdown episode will screen earlier, or it's not being shown as part of the Saturday morning repeat. Normally they repeat the 6:00-10:30am segment on Saturday morning on ABC ME on Sunday night, but who knows what they will actually air given that rage wasn't scheduled to start until 8:00 this morning (and didn't start until 9:00, in Victoria anyway).

Actually, the Countdown episode could even be repeated on ABC ME Thursday night from 9:30, as it's an hour-long episode (as it normally is). Normally they repeat the 10:30-11:30 guest programmer/special preview from Saturday morning then, and I would guess they were showing the retro filmclips shown after the Countdown episode this morning... but that wasn't a whole hour's worth; so they're quite possibly showing the Countdown episode then, instead.

ohnoitisnathan
Chad, it should be repeated on ABC ME (formerly known as ABC3) on Sunday night, from around 1:30 Monday morning. But I'd record the whole show (starting from 9:30) just in case it's at a different time, as there was no chart segment from 6-8am Saturday shown this week.

edit - hmmm, the TV guide at yourtv.com.au says rage is finishing at 2:03am Monday morning, which would suggest either the Countdown episode will screen earlier, or it's not being shown as part of the Saturday morning repeat. Normally they repeat the 6:00-10:30am segment on Saturday morning on ABC ME on Sunday night, but who knows what they will actually air given that rage wasn't scheduled to start until 8:00 this morning (and didn't start until 9:00, in Victoria anyway).

Actually, the Countdown episode could even be repeated on ABC ME Thursday night from 9:30, as it's an hour-long episode (as it normally is). Normally they repeat the 10:30-11:30 guest programmer/special preview from Saturday morning then, and I would guess they were showing the retro filmclips shown after the Countdown episode this morning... but that wasn't a whole hour's worth; so they're quite possibly showing the Countdown episode then, instead.

Ah! Brilliant.. Thanks for researching that information. I'll get it then :)

For some reason my set top box failed to record it

I see that Rage is on Monday morning 12.40am to 1.25am - I assume that's the '82 Countdown?

Gary

I see that Rage is on Monday morning 12.40am to 1.25am - I assume that's the '82 Countdown?

No, they repeat new releases on the ABC show. The playlist is normally up on the website, which is Sunday Night.

If the 1982 Countdown is not repeated on Sunday night or during the week on ABC ME I am more than happy to burn copies for those who need a copy

ohnoitisnathan
Gary

No, they repeat new releases on the ABC show. The playlist is normally up on the website, which is Sunday Night.

Ah should have read your previous post in more detail - so if it's not on tomorrow night then it will likely be repeated on Thursday night

Jason 'The Moderator"
If the 1982 Countdown is not repeated on Sunday night or during the week on ABC ME I am more than happy to burn copies for those who need a copy

Thanks Jason will let you know if I need a copy..

Gary
ohnoitisnathan
Gary

Ah should have read your previous post in more detail - so if it's not on tomorrow night then it will likely be repeated on Thursday night

Normally rage re-air the Saturday morning guest programmer/special preview hour (from usually 10:30-11:30am Saturday) Thursday night on ABC ME.

But this week, that 'hour' (the music videos shown after this morning's Countdown episode) was only about 40 minutes, and rage runs for an hour and 1 minute that night on ABC ME. I therefore suspect they will re-air the Countdown episode then. But you best record Sunday night's ABC ME show too, in case it is aired then.

ohnoitisnathan
Gary
ohnoitisnathan
Gary

Normally rage re-air the Saturday morning guest programmer/special preview hour (from usually 10:30-11:30am Saturday) Thursday night on ABC ME.

But this week, that 'hour' (the music videos shown after this morning's Countdown episode) was only about 40 minutes, and rage runs for an hour and 1 minute that night on ABC ME. I therefore suspect they will re-air the Countdown episode then. But you best record Sunday night's ABC ME show too, in case it is aired then.

Thanks I will - much appreciated

It is indeed being repeated now on ABC ME.

It was indeed repeated and I recorded it again. Though tonight's episode had the ABC in yellow with something near it during Elton introducing where as on Saturday it was during the Countdown theme intro.

I guess because it was ABC ME they had that extra little bit cut off when in 4.3 as it should be!

Very happy...

Thanks to everyone for their help.. I now have this episode :)