Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sharon O'Neill: Losing You clip

Did anybody notice that toward the end of the Losing You performance from Sharon O'Neill there was a glitch for a second. I'm annoyed as was hoping for a clear copy from this show. Can anyone confirm was it the transmission of the show as the weather was rainy where I'm located. Hoping it was the transmission. I know there is a clip of this same performance that was replayed on Countdown that Laura Branigan was guest host of also so all is not totally lost.

Re: Sharon O'Neill: Losing You clip

Scott, I got a very brief audio glitch near the end, too. I assumed it was a problem at my end, but I guess not after reading your post. Normally when such things happen for me, there's also some pixelation, but there wasn't on this occasion.

Rage will re-air probably 2 Countdowns on midnight Tuesday night/Wednesday morning on ABC, as the show runs from 12:00 to 2:15am, and the Sharon-hosted one was the second one shown, so I'd say there's a good chance of it being re-aired. However, it's probably a fault with the source tape, in which case a re-airing won't make any difference.

There was a sound glitch when they had a close up of Sharon at the microphone, is that what you were referring to?

Hi Scott, A similar issue happened with the Marc Hunter hosted 1981 show from a couple of weeks ago while Marc was performing Big City Talk. This looked like an analogue issue, not pixelating like it would have done if it was digital.Anyone else see this?

I thought there was a glitch h to. It was a sound glitch on the actual program, nothing to do with an actual 'pixelation glitch'. My DVD recorder and Foxtel copy had the same thing, so it is on the actual show.

Losing You as played on the Laura Branigan hosted episode with no sound glitch at all

Thanks guys so at least now I know it was not caused by the weather. Yes Matt I noticed the Marc Hunter in studio performance clip go black for a few seconds which was also disappointing cause I have liked Marc Hunter performing that song though if I am correct a better version has been shown in previous years. Did anyone else notice that the Feb 22 Countdown show with guest Little Nell had a few pale lines especially during the Edith Bliss in studio performance. I suppose it was the show itself. Not to annoying but I noticed that they were still there.

Hi Scott, yes I also noticed that too. Being such vintage footage that has only been stored on analogue tape for nearly all it's 35 year life, I guess these glitches are unavoidable.

Little Nell was on Spicks & Specks ABC2 repeats around a week after the Countdown episode was shown - what a coincidence!

I'm gonna have to pull out my VH1 Countdown performances and see whether Marc or Sharon have glitches there too.

Hi, I really wanted to record this episode but completely forgot. Could someone please upload this Sharon O'Neill video to youtube please. Thanks.

Axey Destroyer
Hi, I really wanted to record this episode but completely forgot. Could someone please upload this Sharon O'Neill video to youtube please. Thanks.

I've uploaded it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1q52wOXKl8

Thanks very much, really appreciate that.