Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Retro Week 3 - January 16 (2x1981 Countdowns)

11:30pm

ROCK and ROLL BALLROOM OF THE AIR Live at Paddington Town Hall, 1974 ()
JON ENGLISH Hollywood 7 (Polydor)
MARCIA HINES You (Miracle Records)

12:00am

RIDGETOP FESTIVAL Adelaide, 1974 ()

12:30am

COMPANY CAINE The Day Superman Got Busted (GTK, 1971) ()
STEVIE WONDER Interview, 1970 ()
STEVIE WONDER Medley: Jesus Children Of America/All In Love Is Fair/Living For The City ()
STEVIE WONDER Happy Birthday (Polydor)
ROBERTA FLACK Adelaide 1972 ()

1:00am

ROBERTA FLACK The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Atlantic)
ROY ORBISON Interview at Pentridge Prison, 1975 ()
ROY ORBISON I Drove All Night (MCA)
SPLIT ENZ Stranger Than Fiction (March 24th, 1975) ()
SPLIT ENZ One Step Ahead (Mushroom)
SPLIT ENZ Six Months In A Leaky Boat (Festival)

1:30am

COUNTDOWN June 14th, 1981 ()

2:00am

ULTRAVOX The Thin Wall (Festival)

2:30am

CLASS OF '84 Working In The Rock'n'Roll Industry ()

3:00am

COUNTDOWN June 7th, 1981 ()

3:30am

ROXY MUSIC Same Old Scene (Polydor)
SHAKIN' STEVENS Green Door (Sony)

4:00am

OZMIX: AUSTRALIAN MUSIC SPECIAL July 14th, 1989 ()

Very happy with the two 1981 episodes of Countdown.
Hopefully Class Of '84 Working In The Rock'n'Roll Industry is different to the Jobs In TV that they screened in 2012
Looks like a bit of GTK material as judging by the descriptions

Re: Retro Week 3 - January 16 (2x1981 Countdowns)

Shame about the all the repeated clips in between the retro programs. They probably could have aired a full Countdown Revolution or Flashez episode in the time those videos take up.

Yes, great to get two 1981 episodes that are not available time-coded, nor have been played on rage. Bit disappointed in getting only two shows, but not complaining.

Rock N Roll Ballroom show from 1974 does not look familiar so interested to see it and Ozmix: Australian Music Special also looks interesting. Good to see a couple of 1981 Countdown shows though a couple more would of been better rather than the same usual music videos in between. I will still look forward to watching this weekend though not as excited about the previous weeks. Maybe that might change once I start to watch. Is that Countdown Music Industry 1984 a repeat from back in 2009. I hope it is not the same show that was played after the Sheena Easton Countdown which aired before the Rock Arena Rock N Roll Ladies show w Divinyls, Sharon O'Neill etc as that will be a waste of time.

Doing a google search on their playlists, they've played Split Enz's 'Six Months In a Leaky Boat' as a standalone video in retro month 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2015, and now 2016 - not counting any instances where it's aired on a Countdown or Rock Arena episode.

'One Step Ahead' aired during retro month 2014 and 2015.

Ultravox's 'The Thin Wall' has aired during retro month 2003 (Countdown), 2007 (Rock Arena), and as a standalone clip in 2014.

Roberta Flack's 'The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face' aired during retro month 2010 and 2014.

Aside from the two countdowns, pretty shabby job, rage have the school leavers in charge again, uh well. Agree with Nathan, they could have aired a few countdowns or countdown revolutions in the space of these blasted repeat vids.

Pretty happy with that line up - nice mix of 70's and 80's. Would like to see some more Hit Scenes if there are any that haven't aired.

Disappointed in no Flashez clips. Will be nagging Rage about this travesty later in the year

Mark from 2PR FM
Aside from the two countdowns, pretty shabby job, rage have the school leavers in charge again, uh well. Agree with Nathan, they could have aired a few countdowns or countdown revolutions in the space of these blasted repeat vids.

I think part of the reason we get these repeats is that rage have seemed hellbent on using videos from artists featured in the retro shows/concerts as filler in between episodes of Countdown etc., and to fill the 10:30-11:30 Saturday morning segment, over the last few years. So e.g. if Split Enz appear on an episode of Countdown shown, that means they'll dig out 'Six Months In a Leaky Boat' to use as filler again. I don't know why they couldn't pick some of their less-seen videos though instead if they must stick with these 'themes'.

Split Enz must appear on quite a few Countdowns, so expect 'Six Months In a Leaky Boat' to be shown again next year

There's a whole bunch of videos airing though tonight, which is more than just filler between shows. It's a total waste of space.

Gary
Pretty happy with that line up - nice mix of 70's and 80's. Would like to see some more Hit Scenes if there are any that haven't aired.

Disappointed in no Flashez clips. Will be nagging Rage about this travesty later in the year

Are there unrepeated Flashez episodes to air though? I may be wrong, but I've got a vague memory of someone here saying that only about 6 episodes were spared, and they aired a bunch (probably that many or close to it) in 2009.

ohnoitisnathan

Are there unrepeated Flashez episodes to air though? I may be wrong, but I've got a vague memory of someone here saying that only about 6 episodes were spared, and they aired a bunch (probably that many or close to it) in 2009.

Yeah there are only a handful of complete episodes but there are hundreds of segments that were - thankfully - not wiped

http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/ListingReports/ItemsListing.aspx