Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Passing of Stevie Wright

Just heard on the news this morning of the passing of Rock Legend Stevie Wright at age 68. Fell ill on Boxing Day and died Sunday at Moruya Hospital in New South Wales South Coast. He and the group The Easybeats were up there amongst the best alongside The Rolling Stones & The Beatles during the Mid to late 1960s. He will be sadly missed and hope Rage pays a fitting tribute very soon. Farewell Stevie.

Re: Passing of Stevie Wright

It's a very good tribute on Saturday morning. I don't think I've seen the Aunty Jack's Rox On footage

THE EASYBEATS Friday On My Mind (EMI)
THE EASYBEATS Pop Fans, 1965 ()
STEVIE WRIGHT Black-Eyed Bruiser (EMI)

08:30am

STEVIE WRIGHT Guitar Band (Live on Countdown, 1975) (Albert Productions)
STEVIE WRIGHT Interview on Countdown, 1983 ()
STEVIE WRIGHT and COOL BANANAS Hard Road / Feeling Alive And Well / The Other Side / Rip Off (Live on Aunty Jack Rox On, 1973) (Albert Productions)
STEVIE WRIGHT Interview on GTK, 1970 ()
THE EASYBEATS Wedding Ring (EMI)
STEVIE WRIGHT National Music Industry Awards 'Record of the Year', 1975 ()

09:00am

THE EASYBEATS I'll Make You Happy (EMI)
THE EASYBEATS In My Book (EMI)
STEVIE WRIGHT Interview with Michael Chugg on Long Way to the Top, 2002 ()
THE EASYBEATS Come And See Her (EMI)
THE EASYBEATS Interview on GTK, 1969 ()
THE EASYBEATS Sorry (EMI)
THE EASYBEATS She's So Fine (EMI)
STEVIE WRIGHT Evie (Parts I, II and III) (Sony)

Re Stevie Wright

Missed it - Easybeats pop fans 1965 & the 1975 music awards both sound interesting. They made some crazy catchy singles - "Come & See Her" is a favourite

Re: Re Stevie Wright

Gary, the Stevie Wright tribute will re-air in full tonight on ABC3, from probably around 11:45pm (2 and a quarter hours in), depending on what time rage starts on ABC3 (often it starts later than advertised).

Thanks Nathan

I attended Stevie Wright's funeral service last Friday. While it was nice to be there I must admit that I was disappointed with the amount of other music artists in their attendance considering he was so well loved by everybody. Those there that I could notice were John Paul Young and Tim Rogers who performed during the service. Others that were in attendance were Glenn Shorrock, Glenn A. Baker, Snowy (Easybeats drummer), Colin & Denny Burgess (Masters Apprentices) and later I did see Phil Jamieson from Grinspoon. I also caught up with 60s mod singer Dinah Lee outside the church who is a doll. There were a few other music industry people there yet no sign of Harry Vanda or George Young which was somewhat disappointing. Graham Buzz Bidstrup (The Angels) and his wife Kay Bee (Gangajang) who are friends of mine also were in attendance as was Donnie Sutherland (Sounds). Having said that I would not of missed it for the world. Thank you Stevie Wright & The Easybeats for helping to pioneer Australian music to the world. 🙁🙂👍🏼