Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
power blackout during COUNTDOWN (S.O.S)

Hi Everyone,

Yes its true the power went out in my Adelaide street Saturday night for 7 hours which meant I did not see or record the episodes that went to air on rage. If anyone knows of someone I could contact to get dvd copies then please let me know asap. I am happy to pay for the effort, dvds and postage. I am truly devastated about missing these shows as its the only time I watch rage all year. Please help!

P.S. Mr Moderator Am I allowed to leave my email on here

Cheers Shannon

Re: power blackout during COUNTDOWN (S.O.S)

Shannon, I'm in Adelaide too. I've PM'd you.

January is always bad for heat related and thunderstorm blackouts which is an annual concern.

There are numerous people on this site who have helped each other out in these circumstances over the years and will continue to do so, its a handy network to have.

I am copying some for another Adelaide resident as it is.

If anyone misses any or has missed past episodes since 1993 then there is usually someone here who can help out.

Count me in as a resource from WA for assistance. This circumstance can happen to anyone of us so the back up is appreciated. I'm will be in Bali on week 3 and 4 so I will be setting the timer. I have a second recorder that I will set up at my Mum's house which is in a suburb 10 kilometres away. I hope this will be a stable enough strategy. As Australia Day is Monday, I trust Retro night will remain every Saturday night.

I can also chip in to send some episodes to break the load, so drop me a line at radio2prfm (at) optusnet (dot) com (dot) au if need be. :)

This group has always been very helpful in that regard. If anyone misses something due to power failures or any other unforeseen problem then it is refreshing to know we have so many who can assist. Well done to all.

You can add me to the list of volunteers who can assist wherever it is needed.

Cheers and look forward to the next 4 weeks!!

Thankyou to everyone who has sent their support. The Countdown network is simply amazing. These shows are a rare glimpse into a very special era that is loved by many. And when blackouts occur or your dvd recorder decides to go bung and you lose a whole January season then you never know who might be there to help. A big fat thankyou to the countdown community and its creator Jason.

lots of love from Adelaide

Hay shannon, did you get your countdowns sorted out? i've already burned the DVDs of my countdowns off my digital recorder, but I can burn another set if you wish. Could you please let me know if you're sorted, if so, I can then delete them off my recorder.

Thanks

Hi Mark, any chance you can do Week 1 for me? I got a HDD DVD Recorder late last year and hooked it up to the TV the night of Countdown and used a HDMI cable from TV to the recorder and Scart cable from Foxtel to Recorder and recorded and watched Countdown through HDMI source. The picture wasn't as sharp and def. noticed it when you changed channels on fox - text a bit shadowy and blurry. Then i realised it was perfect watching and recording it through AV source with quality AV cables from TV to recorder. So yeah, if you could do the six episodes from Wk.1, that would be fantastic.

Hi Michael, should be no probs, can you please send me your postal address at radio2prfm (at) optusnet.com.au.

Thanks

. Will do.

Michael
. Will do.

Michael, I've finished your DVDs, I still don't have your address, my email is radio2prfm (at) optusnet.com.au.

As mentioned in the other post, I emailed you on the weekend. Instead, just email me and we can exchange address details. Thanks heaps for doing the discs and so quickly.