Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mondo Rock and Tin Machine video request - did anyone ever record these?

This is probably a "long shot", but did anyone record either or both of these clips on rage, I would dearly love them:

17 Jun 2000: Tin Machine - One Shot
21 Jul 2012: Mondo Rock - Primitive Love Rites (no idea how I missed that one).

There's 4 Mondo Rock videos which I don't have, and as far as I know, have never been played on rage:

State of the Heart (played on Countdown 26-Oct-80 and 14-Dec-80, a studio performance?)
Chemistry (played on Countdown 19-Jul-81, a studio performance?)
In Another Love (played on Countdown 13-Mar-83 and Rock Arena 20-Sep-83)
Baby Wants to Rock (played on Countdown 6-May-84 and Rock Arena 29-May-84)

Happy to trade Mondo Rock videos that I do have.

If anyone can help me out please email me at: as2 (at) bc.id.au

Thanks heaps!

Re: Mondo Rock and Tin Machine video request - did anyone ever record these?

I have recorded and kept every episode of Rage in full since January 2010 (with a couple of exceptions with power outages and forgetfulness) so should have the clip for Primitive Love Rites - The Bamboos programmed that night and I have everything from 11:23pm to 6:30am that night.

Don't have that Tin Machine clip (do have Under The God from Rage) although I may fluke it. I just got in contact with guy in Sydney who said he has over 200 4 hour tapes of Rage recorded from 1992 to 2007 where he just put the tapes in and let them run and recorded 4 hour blocks. He transferred what he wanted to digital and has given me the tapes - I just had to pay the postage. He says he will send a list with them which lists what's on each tape so it will be quick to check if all that is correct. I don't know if it is specials, new releases or Top 50 as I didn't bother asking, it just seemed like an interesting lucky dip. I don't even know what the quality is like. For about 50c per tape after postage it seems worth a gamble. He posts them on Monday so I should have them by late next week and will let you know.

Lee is very good with clips for that era and he may have most of them. He sent me three of the Mondo clips that you don't have - State Of The Heart, Chemistry and Primitive Love Rights.

I have a contact in the US who has Tin Machine's 'One Shot' on his list, sourced from an official VHS promo series (Rockamerica) - though in NTSC, and it will have a brief Rockamerica + artist/title superscript at the start and end. If you're happy with that source, and are desperate for the video, I could put you in touch with him.

Clip Magnet
This is probably a "long shot", but did anyone record either or both of these clips on rage, I would dearly love them:

17 Jun 2000: Tin Machine - One Shot
21 Jul 2012: Mondo Rock - Primitive Love Rites (no idea how I missed that one).

There's 4 Mondo Rock videos which I don't have, and as far as I know, have never been played on rage:

State of the Heart (played on Countdown 26-Oct-80 and 14-Dec-80, a studio performance?)
Chemistry (played on Countdown 19-Jul-81, a studio performance?)
In Another Love (played on Countdown 13-Mar-83 and Rock Arena 20-Sep-83)
Baby Wants to Rock (played on Countdown 6-May-84 and Rock Arena 29-May-84)

Happy to trade Mondo Rock videos that I do have.

If anyone can help me out please email me at: as2 (at) bc.id.au

Thanks heaps!

Hi Clip Magnet

I don't have One Shot, though I do have 2 other videos of theirs if you are interested? I also have a Primitive Love Rites (Clean but NTSC) and Primitive Love Rites 12" version (Clean and NTSC), also State Of The Heart plus Chemistry if you are interested?

Thanks

Lee

Hi Guru - that's an amazing lucky dip to have snaffled!! The mind boggles: 200 x 4 hour tapes - his catalog is hopefully pretty accurate because it would be impossible to manually search through all of that!

Let me know what you find when you get the package!! There would be a heap of stuff from that era that I never recorded myself.

Maybe you could scan the catalogs (if handwritten) and post a link here? I have pro digitising equipment - if you're in Sydney (maybe not since your source was in Sydney?) and there's a bunch of stuff the Forum members here would like, I could transfer it (within reason - I couldn't digitise 800 hours worth!)

Amazed someone would have a collection like that.

ohnoitisnathan
I have a contact in the US who has Tin Machine's 'One Shot' on his list, sourced from an official VHS promo series (Rockamerica) - though in NTSC, and it will have a brief Rockamerica + artist/title superscript at the start and end. If you're happy with that source, and are desperate for the video, I could put you in touch with him.

That'd be great if you could, One Shot is the only Tin Machine video I don't have, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere in recent years.

Lee
I don't have One Shot, though I do have 2 other videos of theirs if you are interested? I also have a Primitive Love Rites (Clean but NTSC) and Primitive Love Rites 12" version (Clean and NTSC), also State Of The Heart plus Chemistry if you are interested?

Thanks Lee - I have sent you an email!

I'll email you, Clip Magnet.