Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
retro week 1 playlists! with times

They're on the app, but not the website as I speak:

Saturday night

12:18 Countdown Oct 12, 1980 (Hall and Oates)
1:13 Countdown Apr 26, 1981 (Steve Kilby)
2:08 Countdown Nov 21, 1982 (Jo Jo Zep)
3:00 JO JO ZEP Shape I'm In
3:03 Countdown Nov 11, 1984 (Austen Tayshus)
3:57 AUSTEN TAYSHUS Xenaphobia
4:02 Countdown Nov 10, 1985 (Koo De Tah)
5:00 Countdown Dec 21, 1986 (Greedy Smith) - is this a repeat of the Xmas ep?

Then an hour of new release clips (I assume, as I don't recognise any of the artists) from 6:00

Though I guess if sport before it runs overtime, that hour will get scrapped?

Re: retro week 1 playlists!

Saturday morning retro hour 10:30-11:30

10:31 HALL and OATES I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)*
10:35 HALL and OATES Out of Touch*
10:40 HALL and OATES Adult Education
10:44 HALL and OATES Do What You Want, Be What... (title runs off screen on app)
10:52 HALL and OATES Method of Modern Love
10:58 KOO DE TAH Too Young For Promises*
11:01 KOO DE TAH Think of Me*
11:06 MENTAL AS ANYTHING Berserk Warriors
11:09 MENTAL AS ANYTHING Working For the Man
11:13 MENTAL AS ANYTHING The Nips Are Getting Bigger
11:16 MENTAL AS ANYTHING Romeo and Juliet
11:18 MENTAL AS ANYTHING If You Leave Me, Can I Come Too
11:21 ORCHESTRAL MANOEUVRES IN THE DARK Enola Gay*
11:25 ORCHESTRAL MANOEUVRES IN THE DARK So In Love

* I know these have all definitely been aired in recent years

It looks like they're sticking with the 'play videos from artists who feature on the episodes of Countdown etc. the following night' theme for the retro hour of clips on Saturday morning, which I'm not thrilled about at all, as usually it means repeats of common clips they regularly play anyway.

More retro videos airing on Saturday morning:

9:09 THE B-52's Love Shack*
9:13 BANANARAMA Cruel Summer*
9:17 DURAN DURAN Rio*
9:22 THE BEACH BOYS Kokomo*
9:25 THE TRIFFIDS Wide Open Road*
9:29 SISTERS OF MERCY Dominion*
9:34 THE STYLE COUNCIL Long Hot Summer
9:38 LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM Holiday Road

* have aired in recent years

The Countdown episodes may be good, but the selection of retro videos for this week is a bit... underwhelming IMO.

Yep, the 1986 episode is definitely a repeat... it re-aired in January 2009:

COUNTDOWN 21st December 1986 (ABC)

Ah bewdy, thanks heaps Nathan, **** net connection this end a bit screwed and wasn't able to get that info up. Much thanks! :)

No problem, sorry to steal your thunder.

Six countdowns (bloody awsome), can't really complain about that. With the videos, I see they're going to repeat OMD's Enola Gay for the umteemth million time,, but many of the other videos I don't have - assuming when you folk say they've been played before, I am thinking in the middle of the year? (when I never watch rage) - But all in all a fantastic start in my opinion. :)

Maybe the xmas special from 86 has been played before, but a repeat may not hurt, my reception is better now, and I think I may of ditch the 2009 airing of this episode as it was screwed with much pixelation. :(

Mark from 2PR FM
Six countdowns (bloody awsome), can't really complain about that. With the videos, I see they're going to repeat OMD's Enola Gay for the umteemth million time,, but many of the other videos I don't have - assuming when you folk say they've been played before, I am thinking in the middle of the year? (when I never watch rage) - But all in all a fantastic start in my opinion. :)

Maybe the xmas special from 86 has been played before, but a repeat may not hurt, my reception is better now, and I think I may of ditch the 2009 airing of this episode as it was screwed with much pixelation. :(

I'm 99.9% certain that my recording of this episode was glitch-free (and it was definitely from a digital signal source), and I think I may have even kept the whole episode (not something I routinely do). If my last-minute attempt to persuade rage to air another episode in its place is successful (which I suspect it won't be), I'd be happy to copy you my rip of this episode if you need it.

The repeated clips have all been aired in the last 6 years.

The playlists are on the website, but you have to select 2014 from the 'by year' drop-down box to see them

Saturday morning - http://www.abc.net.au/rage/archive/s3949959.htm

Saturday night - http://www.abc.net.au/rage/archive/s4001709.htm

ohnoitisnathan

The repeated clips have all been aired in the last 6 years.[/quote

Going through my vids this afternoon, I've got both the OMD Vids, The Mentals "Working for the man", and "If you leave me, can I come too", and Hall and Oates "I can't go for that". These are all digital copies that I've acquired since I had my digital recorder since xmas 2007.

I'm not doubting you, but aside from the ones I've mentioned, I've never seen rage play any of the others. Looking forward to seeing the Koo De Tah clips - haven't seen these since they came out in 1985. :)

Thanks for the offer relating to the xmas 86 countdown episode, we'll see what happens, I might take you up if needed. :)

The 1984 episode was an 'insert show' and had no live studio performances.

Looking forward to all the shows this week.

There's no sport preceding this week's retro episode, so the hour of new release videos finishing off the program clearly isn't just there in case they need to start late. So I guess that they'll do the same for each retro episode this year? What a waste!

Nathan, rage have also played Hall & Oates 'Adult Education' & 'Method of Modern Love' in the past year or so. I think they were both from vault specials. However, it will be good to get the handful of their vids in one hit.

I love the 21/11/82 episode. Upside down/back to front. I have a timecode episode of it. It does have tape damage, so to get it cleaned up and in digital is a treat.