Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Already too late for retro month suggestions from the ABC archives?

...due to some 'ABC systems being down this time of year' (see below).

Well I know it's only a couple of weeks away, but I received this response from rage on the Facebook page, when making a suggestion for the Xmas-themed Vault section this coming weekend:

rage
Hi Nathan, neither Band Aid nor Band Aid II are in the Rage library however they are in the ABC archives. Unfortunately due to some ABC systems being down at this time of year we won't be able to get them to air in time, but we will make sure it happens next year! (Feel free to remind us)
Yesterday at 11:33am

rage Ditto for Hall & Oates 'Jingle Bells Rock'!
Like · Yesterday at 11:34am

I didn't suggest the Hall & Oates track, but that comment was a reply to my post.

Good to know Band Aid & Band Aid II are in the archives though.

Re: Already too late for retro month suggestions from the ABC archives?

Looks like 'The Factory' episode (featuring Wendy James and Bros in the studio) that I requested a couple of times in the past week def. won't be happening in January.

I thought rage have played Band Aid over the years? Seems silly that they post the Band Aid group photo on facebook and won't be playing it this weekend. I just hope they get our request and play 'Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree' - Mel Smith & Kim Wilde!

rage don't have the original 1984 Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas, W T F ????????

Michael
Looks like 'The Factory' episode (featuring Wendy James and Bros in the studio) that I requested a couple of times in the past week def. won't be happening in January.

I thought rage have played Band Aid over the years? Seems silly that they post the Band Aid group photo on facebook and won't be playing it this weekend. I just hope they get our request and play 'Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree' - Mel Smith & Kim Wilde!

Rage aired the original Band Aid only as part of a Band Aid documentary (I think as part of a Rock Arena episode) during retro month a few years ago. They've never actually played the video on its own.

Well, you & I did make those Factory suggestions at least a week or 2 ago, at which point the archives may still have been available. Let's hope so, anyway.

I doubt rage have 'Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree', as it wasn't aired during the selection of Kim Wilde videos after her guest programming last year. The single/video may not have even received a local release, either (does anyone know?).

Jason 'The Moderator'
rage don't have the original 1984 Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas, W T F ????????

I know... sometimes there are some glaring omissions from their library, BUT it is available in the ABC archives (as with Band Aid II). And hopefully they will both air next year (I assume they meant at Xmas time; not during retro month). I've got decent, 'clean' VHS-sourced copies of both, but it would be nice to get a digital TV copy from rage.

Actually, when Band Aid II was in the top 50 for one week in January 1990, rage aired only the title over one of their interludes, so they may not have even had the video then... strangely, when I remember seeing snippets of it on 'A Current Affair' or similar.

One of the first tracks I purchased on iTunes was Band Aid II. Band Aid 3 was good, but this latest one is really bad. Please stop!

Michael
One of the first tracks I purchased on iTunes was Band Aid II. Band Aid 3 was good, but this latest one is really bad. Please stop!

Just to let you know Michael, Kim Wilde and Mel Smith's full video is on your Kim Wilde DVD. Good quality too.