Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Rage vault special 30th August 2014

Another Vault special is scheduled for 30th August!

Re: Rage vault special 30th August 2014

FINALLLLY!!!!!!!!!!

I've posted some suggestions on the Facebook page in the 'comments to page' section, though as we know, it's not exactly easy to follow conversations there.

I've also suggested (as a reply to my suggestions comment) that it should run right through until 9:30 or whenever rage finishes on Sunday morning. There's no reason for them to repeat hours of new releases from Friday night/Saturday morning again, surely!

It will be interesting to see what new clips they have unearthed and are willing to show. Good luck with your facebook suggestions, whatever they are, as I know you always put a lot of thought into it. As I don't use facebook I will just take whatever they offer.

Is anyone putting in any suggestions yet for retro this year? Without a forum I won't be doing anything so I hope they pick a good batch of stuff there and not repeat material previously shown.

Hmmm my original reply was erroneously detected as spam, so here goes @gain...

Guru Bob, maybe you could just create a bogus @ccount for f@cebook for the purpose of submitting requests to the rage page? I now post under this n@me there. Or you could try em@iling them your requests?

I or someone else could post your requests on your behalf, but then it might look like we're making double the amount of suggestions.

It will be interesting to see what happens with retro month next year, given the lackluster choice of music videos shown between retro shows (repeated slabs of the 2013 Vault special) this year, and the disappearance of the website forum.

I put in my list for August 30th special and rage pressed like very quickly which is GREAT

I shall be doing the same of course for January in October

I saw that they hit like for your post... but not mine

I hope they at least saw/noticed it (I did post early on the weekend)

It would be good if you guys could post here your lists that you posted to rage. If we like them too, we can give the videos a greater chance of being played by requesting the same stuff on their page.

Jason's list:

Beargarden - Drink Drink Drink
The RAH Band - Clouds Across The Moon
The RAH Band - The Crunch
Splash - Qu'est, Ce Que C'est
Classix Nouveaux - Never Again
Classix Nouveaux - Because You're Young
Telex - Haven't We Met Somewhere Before
I'm Talking - Someday
Plan 8 - Undecided
Arvo - Oriental Exotique
The Vyllies - Ahia
Zah Zah Zah - Zah House
The Pop Group - She's Beyond Good And Evil
Mon Dino - La Danse Des Mots
Jean Paul Gaultier - How To Do That
Amanda Lear - Assasino
Machinations - Average Inadequacy
Machinations - My Hearts On Fire
The Human League - Filling Up With Heaven
Modern Romance - Queen Of The Rapping Scene
The Associates - Club Country
Laurent Voulzy feat Kim Wilde - Play The Game
Kim Wilde - Time
Respect feat Phil Oakey - What Comes After Goodbye
Phil Oakey & Giorgio Moroder - Be My Lover Now
Edith Bliss - If It's Love You Want (Countdown Performance)
Edith Bliss - Heart Of Stone (Countdown Performance)
The Numbers - Big Beat (Video or Countdown Performance)
Koo De Tah - Think Of Me
Fern Kinney - Together We Are Beautiful
Craze - Motions (If video is not available it was played on Countdown
(04/05/1980)
Japan - Adolescent Sex
Gene Loves Jezebel - Bruises
The Quick - Young Men Drive Fast
D C Lee - Celina Wow Wow
The Venetians - Sound On Sound
Kids In The Kitchen - Out Of Control
Kids In The Kitchen - Shine (Official Video Clip)
Spelt Like This - Contract of the Heart
Ministry - Revenge
Meo 245 - Lady Love
Meo 245 - Other Places
Wa Wa Nee - One on One
Wa Wa Nee - Gone (From Beat Box)
Sandii & The Sunsetz - East Meets West
Secret Service - 'Oh Suzi (Official Roller Skating video)
Paradise Express - Dance
Danse Society - Heaven Is Waiting
Lou - Rookies Revenge
Renee Geyer - All My Love
Loose Ends - Hanging On A String
T Rex - Hot Love
HoHoKam - Harlequin Tears
Stranglers - European Female
Modern Eon - Euthenics
Telex - Moskow Disko
Gene And Jim Get Into Shakes - Shake
Boy George - Don't Take My Mind On A Trip
Boy George - Don't Cry
Boy George - Whisper
Boy George - Keep Me In Mind
Jesus Loves You - One And One
This Way Up - Tell Me Why
Dead or Alive - Turn Around And Count To Ten
Frazier Chorus - Dream Kitchen
Vanity - Under The Influence
Collette - Who Do You Think You Are
Rough Trade - High School Confidential
Rough Trade - All Touch
SOS Band - Borrowed Love
Alisha - Baby Talk
The Twins - All Mixed Up
Cee Farrow - Should I Love You
Sylvester - Someone Like You
Xymox - Imagination
Melissa - Is It?
Kylie Minogue - Your Disco Needs You
Jane Child - Welcome To The Real
Box Car - Gas Stop (Who Do You Think You Are)
Blue Mercedes - See Want Must have
Zan - It's Your Move
The Slits - Typical Girls

Mine:

Here are the clips I'd most like to see (probably too rare):

Rococo 'Inside Out'
The Adventures 'Your Greatest Shade of Blue'
Lavinia Jones 'Sing It To You'
Benny Mardones 'Into the Night'

and some that I don't even know whether they exist (I've never seen them and they're not on youtube):

Brilliant 'The End of the World'
Gary Clail 'Beef'
Gyan 'Black Wedding Ring'

Other suggestions that you're more likely to have in the vault (any from the list would be welcome):

Transvision Vamp 'Sister Moon'
Boxcar 'Gas Stop (Who Do You Think You Are)'
Brother Beyond 'Can You Keep a Secret'
Efua 'Down Is the Drop'
Gary Clail 'Who Pays the Piper'
Gary Clail 'Another Hard Man'
Gary Clail 'Escape'
Gary Clail 'The Emotional Hooligan'
World Famous Supreme Team Show 'Operaa House'
Junior Tucker '16 (Into the Night)'
Tasmin Archer 'Lords of the New Church'
Tasmin Archer 'One More Good Night With the Boys'
Tori Amos 'Winter'
Voice of the Beehive 'Monsters and Angels'
The Other Two 'Tasty Fish' (New Order side project)
Sydney Youngblood 'Sit and Wait'
Dreamworld 'Movin' Up'
The Slow Club 'Shout Me Down'
Marcella Detroit 'I Hate You Now'
Marcella Detroit 'I'm No Angel'
Things of Stone & Wood 'Churchill's Black Dog'
The Sharp 'Scratch My Back'
Katell Keineg 'Partisan'
Chynna Phillips 'Naked and Sacred'
Del Amitri 'Nothing Ever Happens'
Depeche Mode 'See You'
Susanna Hoffs 'My Side of the Bed'
Toni Basil 'Shoppin' From A To Z'
Felix 'It Will Make Me Crazy'
Ruby 'Paraffin'

and these which have aired in recent years but would be great to see now without the watermark in the 4:3 area:

Sabrina 'Sexy Girl'
Samantha Fox 'Do Ya Do Ya (Wanna Please Me)'
Lonnie Gordon 'Beyond Your Wildest Dreams'
Brilliant 'Love Is War'
O'Chi Brown 'Whenever You Need Somebody'

Wow, I didn't know your lists would be so long! I'll find a few in there and request them also. Cheers.

I don't think a video was ever made for Things of Stone & Wood 'Churchill's Black Dog'?

I suspect rage doesn't have many of these videos. Their library is good (I understand they have about 30,000 music videos) but not that good. A lot of the more obscure stuff is not there, and as we all know, a lot got wiped from the ABC archives in the late 1980's and early 1990's.

For example, rage only has 4 XTC clips: Making Plans For Nigel, Dear God, Grass, and Senses Working Overtime. They used to have almost all of them up to 1992 (XTC made 23 videos!)

A video does exist for Churchill's Black Dog, I remember seeing it in the top 50.

Yes, the rage library has suffered several massive clear-outs, up to at least 1997 (they re-acquired Tracy Bonham's 'Mother Mother' when it aired during retro month 2010... it would have been aired at late as early January 1997 in the top 50 of 1996). But my understanding is that many, if not most, of the 'wiped' clips are still stored somewhere in the ABC archives; although much of this stuff is poorly, if at all, catalogued (at least not digitally), so they literally don't know where most of it is if they were to go looking for it.

Every now and then though they air a surprising, non-typical Rage/'alternative' retro video which would make no sense why they kept that but not something more 'credible' like XTC.

Back in 2010 when I got to program an hour of Rage, one of the clips I wanted was Nik Kershaw's 'The Riddle', which they didn't have at that point. However, it aired last December when Kim Wilde guest programmed, indicating they obviously found or re-acquired it. So anything's possible. I remember the moderator said they didn't have any Samantha Fox videos in early 2010, but they've since aired 4.

Also, Rage aired XTC's 'Are You Receiving Me?' in June this year. It has the font they used pre-2012 too, indicating they had digitised it before then. They also aired 'This Is Pop' in 1998 and 2000.

Lets hope the quality of the clips is better this time. Last time a lot of the clips were very blurry looking

ohnoitisnathan
A video does exist for Churchill's Black Dog, I remember seeing it in the top 50.

OK, I've never seen a video for Churchill's Black Dog and it's not on YouTube, so I take it is very rare and no-one has a copy?

ohnoitisnathan
Back in 2010 when I got to program an hour of Rage

I never knew you did that, clearly I'm not regular enough in this forum. Did you photocopy rage's red book while looking through it?

ohnoitisnathan
Also, Rage aired XTC's 'Are You Receiving Me?' in June this year. It has the font they used pre-2012 too, indicating they had digitised it before then. They also aired 'This Is Pop' in 1998 and 2000.

I stand corrected, doing my research properly I found that rage has played 6 different XTC clips since 1998 as follows:

Are You Receiving Me? - played 2 times, most recent 23 Sep 2006
Dear God - played 17 times, most recent 30 Mar 2013
Grass - played 1 time, most recent 21 Jan 2012
Making Plans For Nigel - played 17 times, most recent 12 Oct 2013
Senses Working Overtime - played 12 times, most recent 14 Apr 2012
This Is Pop - played 2 times, most recent 25 Mar 2000

Still but a fraction of their video output. They've given Dear God and Making Plans For Nigel a bit of a flogging. Since you've seen the rage red book, can you tell me whether the other XTC clips haven't been played at any stage over the past 17 years because rage no longer has them, or whether rage has them but has never decided to show them?

Clip Magnet

I never knew you did that, clearly I'm not regular enough in this forum. Did you photocopy rage's red book while looking through it?

It was the separage competition in 2010. I didn't get to see the red book, unfortunately (the winner didn't appear in person, they just got to choose the videos), but someone at rage called me a couple of days before it aired to select 2 different videos (they didn't have some of the selections on my original playlist), and I asked them 'what videos have you got by [artist]?' and they looked it up on a computer while I was on the phone, so a digital version of the book exists. I wish they'd make it public, though of course it would be being updated constantly.

From the rage website:

"With a focus on the 80's, we will be digging up rarities that have not been played in many years, if ever at all on Rage! So if you are a lover of hard to get clips, you will not want to miss this."

Although they then go on to write:

"The Vault Special will be uncovering lost gems from Robert Palmer, Underground Lovers, Mink DeVille, Wayne Scott, Flotsam and Jetsam and much much more."

I don't know all of those artists, but I know that they're not all 80s acts.

The picture they're showing:

http://www.abc.net.au/rage/archive/s4074940.htm

Is that Benny Mardones? It may be wishful thinking, but I suggested they air 'Into the Night' by him, which is a very rare video.

No, I don't think that is Benny. He looks just like some random keyboardist out of an 80's band like Starship or something (LoL) I'm sure someone here knows who he is. He does look familiar.

I also requested Into The Night. I looked at yours and Jason's request list and found a handful there that appealed to me too and requested them too. Let's hope they get an airing.

ohnoitisnathan

I have an episode of the Rage Top 50 recorded from March 5 1995 which has that clip on it, unfortunately it is poor reception so not worth wasting time over but it definitely exists.

Thank goodness the Tumbleweed special will not interfere with the Vault Special on Saturday night. Seems rage are having the special on Saturday morning, pheeeeeew

^ Maybe, but it had better not run into the 10:30-11:30 slot, which I assume will be an extra hour of Vault special videos.

Well guess what Nathan, in TYPICAL rage style, this is what they have posted on Facebook! ..... Ridiculous

THE VAULT section this Saturday morning will be a tribute to the music of Jay Curley featuring a clip of Tumbleweed live on Recovery.

Starting at 9:30am.

Does this mean 9:30 to 11:30? Hmmmmm

I can hardly wait to see the playlist for the Vault special. I have to confess, I posted rage an old-fashioned letter 3 weeks ago with a list of nearly 40 videos they could "consider". None of them have been played on rage since 1998, although it's likely that for quite a few of them, they don't actually have the clip at all (e.g. Eurogliders "No Laughing Matter").

I'll count how many of my video requests get played (if any), and calculate my lobbying "success rate". Let's see who here gets the best result out of their video requests

Jason 'The Moderator'
Well guess what Nathan, in TYPICAL rage style, this is what they have posted on Facebook! ..... Ridiculous

THE VAULT section this Saturday morning will be a tribute to the music of Jay Curley featuring a clip of Tumbleweed live on Recovery.

Starting at 9:30am.

Does this mean 9:30 to 11:30? Hmmmmm

They've clarified on the FB page that it won't impact on the 10:30-11:30 slot. They also said that the 10:30-11:30 segment will be Vault videos that have never aired on rage. Who knows though if that means they've NEVER been on rage, or just not since '98 when the playlists were posted on the site.

I find it interesting that the FB page hasn't asked for suggestions for the special, as they normally do. That could mean they just selected videos they wanted to play, or maybe they drew them from the countless retro video requests over the last few years.

I can't wait to see the playlist!

Brilllliant list and 6 of my requests being:

Arvo - Oriental Exotique
Arvo - Picture In The Paper
Mondino - Les Danse Des Mots
Edith Bliss - Heart Of Stone

Besides my requests, YAY Nathan. Rococco with In side Out, WOW!!!!!!!!

AND AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! 2 Flotsam Jetsam clips, Depeche Mode See You, Ken Lazlo with Tonight, Nolan Sisters, The Europeans with Recognition, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Re-Flex - Praying To The Beat, Lene Lovich - New Toy and Cabaret Voltaire - Here To Go PLUS a bunch of tracks I don't know which I am looking forward to hearing and seeing!

Darn, a 4:40 am finish on Sunday morning? Whhhhhhhhhhy

It HAD to happen on the Vault special, ah dear

I hope it's the music video they air for 'Inside Out'. I know you said the Countdown Revolution performance (which I don't remember) was good, but I'd much rather see the video again. I had it on a tape from Video Smash Hits in 1990, but regrettably recorded over it a few months later.

I also suggested a few Gary Clail videos, all of which but one I had on VHS anyway, but they've selected 2 of his earlier videos that I've never seen (and I don't even know the songs), which is good. They aren't on youtube either.

The only bad thing is the 4:30 end, due to some stupid basketball game being aired at that time . Of all the weeks this could happen...

I saw Nathan, Basketball.... Why is it that SPORT alwayyyyys interrupts retro time. Whether January this year and now the Vault special...... It HAD to happen, didn't it!

I guess we will see tomorrow night if Rococco is the video or Countdown Rev performance. i once had both!

Jason 'The Moderator'
I saw Nathan, Basketball.... Why is it that SPORT alwayyyyys interrupts retro time. Whether January this year and now the Vault special...... It HAD to happen, didn't it!

I guess we will see tomorrow night if Rococco is the video or Countdown Rev performance. i once had both!

Actually it's Dr Who that is interrupting it first! Someone posted this as a reply to my post on FB:

"As last week simulcasting the latest season premiere of Doctor Who with the UK was a big ratings success, every episode this season will be shown early on Sunday morning as well as Sunday evening meaning for the next few weeks Saturday night's rage will be either interupted or cut-short."

B l o o d y hell

How long does the season of Dr Who go for? It's so disrespectful to rage viewers. Surely it could go on one of the other ABC channels instead?

B l o o d y Dr Who!

Jason 'The Moderator'
Brilllliant list and 6 of my requests

I got only one of my requests up, better than zero I suppose! A couple of artists I requested have got in, but not the songs I asked for (possibly rage doesn't have them).

Some interesting selections in there, but they *have* played some of these videos in the past 17 years, although in their defence, as part of a Countdown or Rock Arena, not a standalone clip:

Split Enz "Next Exit" - in a Rock Arena episode
Godley & Creme "Wide Boy" - twice, once in a Countdown episode and once in a Rock Arena episode
Squeeze "Hits Of The Year" - in a Countdown episode

Godley & Creme "Golden Boy" hasn't been played before, but it is available on VHS as part of the 10CC collection. Style Council's "The Lodgers" was played on the Style Council special on 9 Apr 1994.

I'm obviously not a groupie, I've never heard of the Goanna song "Dangerous Dancing".

We miss out on about 30 videos with the programme stopping at 4:30 rather than 6:30. Grrr.

30 videos is A LOT!

A fair few songs and/or arists I don't know. None of my requests got a look in. I must admit I was hoping to see 'My Side Of The Bed' SH on the playlist. I've been giving that a good look in a few times on YouTube this week.

So when is the first airing of Dr Who? Are Sunday mornings and evenings repeats? If so, that sux. I stopped watching a few years back when David left.

Fourth time today I've got a $pam m e s s a g e after posting (I don't know what's triggering it off)... here goes again:

Michael, I've got 'My Side of the Bed' from a few different VHS sources. When I eventually get around to making you some discs I can add it (just remind me if need be). It would have been nicer though to get a digital c o p y from rage.

I was surprised at how few requests there were on the F B page actually. Apart from Jason's and mine, I only saw one other person's list there, which was a reply to one of my posts. It just goes to show how few people there are from the old rage forum who've migrated over to F B. Plus it's much harder to scroll back through older posts to the page.

I'm not liking this Dr Who thing at all. How many episodes are there in a season? Hopefully it will be over by January, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't

rage could have come back after Dr Who for an hour if need be, instead of airing that stupid basketball match.

Nathan, I also noticed that between you and I there were no request lists for the Vault special. SO all those who used the message board are obviously not interested in using the rage Facebook page.

I would think that Dr Who would be over by the time January comes, as it's only hitting September on Sunday. Well, I HOPE so!!!

Jason 'The Moderator'
Brilllliant list and 6 of my requests being:

Arvo - Oriental Exotique
Arvo - Picture In The Paper
Mondino - Les Danse Des Mots
Edith Bliss - Heart Of Stone

Besides my requests, YAY Nathan. Rococco with In side Out, WOW!!!!!!!!

AND AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! 2 Flotsam Jetsam clips, Depeche Mode See You, Ken Lazlo with Tonight, Nolan Sisters, The Europeans with Recognition, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Re-Flex - Praying To The Beat, Lene Lovich - New Toy and Cabaret Voltaire - Here To Go PLUS a bunch of tracks I don't know which I am looking forward to hearing and seeing!

Thanks for requesting the two Arvo clips, Oriental Exotique is brilliant. There's quite a few other rare clips that I'm happy to see - Irene Cara, Flotsam Jetsam, Deckchairs Overboard, Missing Persons, The Spikes and a bunch of other rarities.

I didn't put in any requests since I don't use FB but I did ask for the Ray Parker Jnr clip about 3-4 years ago for their Halloween episode.

You would think they knew how to spell Olivia (Olivier?) Newton-John, wonder if it shows up on the clip like that.

I love my Dr Who but not sure of this need to simultaneously broadcast around the world as I am quite happy to wait for Sunday evening to see it anyhow. Dr Who normally only runs for about 10 episodes each season so it will definitely be over by January.

According to wikipedia, this season of Dr Who has 12 episodes... which means it will run up until 9th November if this week is the second week. But there is also going to be a Christmas special this year

Well the stupid PG logo was over 5 seconds of the Tracey Ullman video, near the intro I guess it will also be there when this hour of the Vault special is repeated on Thursday night on ABC3 . I have got the video from another decent-ish source, though it has a dotted transparent > over the video throughout:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6XFlm7Xwno

Wow!!
Actually some bonafide rarities for a change in the Vault special.
Great to see.
No, like a lot of others on the old Rage messageboard, I don't do Facebook.
So no request lists from me anymore.

Such a shame they have lost the input from many longtime, loyal viwers who used to post so many great suggestions/requests on the messageboard.

OK, so it's a bit weird that we are getting Dr Who shown simultaneously when it's on in the UK. So, I'm guessing it's shown at 7.30pm Saturday nights there. Has it always been shown in the UK at that time on Sat. night?

Nathan, I was the other person on facebook who made some requests for the vault special, I go by an alias. I grabbed a handful of yours and Jason's requests that appealled to me. I did mention I was going to do this in an earlier post

Wow, so only a handful of members of this forum, from the former rage forum, care enough to post requests on their stupid FB page?

The upside is that we may now be more likely to get our requests fulfilled... but it's sad at the same time.

Nathan, so with the repeats on rage weekday nights at 9.30pm, do any nights entail the guest programming ie Sat. nights playlist? or is it just new releases and Thursday nights the 10.30-11.30am Saturday morning playlist? I was hoping tonight's playlist might get another spin during the week.

I missed this mornings vault special, so I'm happy that I can watch and record it this coming Thursday night.

Quoted from rage:

Sunday night is Saturday 6-10:30am, Monday is Saturday 5-6am, Tuesday is Sunday 5-6am, Wednesday is Sunday 6-7am, and Thursday is Saturday 10:30-11:30am (the guest programmer). Hope that helps!

Given that there's no Sunday 5-6am or Sunday 6-7am this week, it will be interesting to see what they repat on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Presumably the last two hours of the Saturday night Vault special? I'll ask on their (word that rhymes with cage but change the c to p*).

So it seems you can't use quotations or even inverted commas or else this thing thinks you're $pam Plus, no mention of things you turn in a book.

Okay rage ...... um ,,,,, where do I start?!?!?!??! Tonight was like NO other on rage!... I died a TRILLION times and the fact the ambulance weren't called is a miracle!!!!!!! You outdid yourself to the point of no return! ... Never seen the Arvo clip for Picture In The paper and I am still spellbound by such an Avant Garde piece of immaculta and OF COURSE, thank you for Oriental Exotique from the stunning Arvo .... As for PERSON TO PERSON, OH MY GOOOOOODNESS!!!!!!!!!! High Time is an AMAZING track that I didn't know, I was almost in tears xxxxx That band Double, WOW .... Didn't know them either and that 3 in a row was SPECTACULAR! .... The video for Heart Of Stone from Edith Bliss I had NEVER seen and it was soooo beautiful ... The promo video to Shout by Deckchairs, stunning to see it on rage! ... Now, onto RIGHEIRA with Vamos A La Playa, that was tooooooooooooooo simply divine, so lovely + My darling Clouds Across the Moon by The RAH Band was wonderful to see on rage ... Let's not forget War with You Got The Power which I had not heard since 1980 something and I loved it! ... DOUG PARKINSON Under The Influence of Love was MAGNIFIQUE! ... Cabaret Voltaire with Here To Go was too simply SUBLIME for words ... Nolan Sisters were ULTRA camp GREG PHILLINGANES with their take on YMO's Behind The Mask was just exquisite, what a great video ... PULSALLAMA The Devil Lives In My Husband's Body was ULTRA camp-tastic! ... FLOTSAM JETSAM'S Distraction soothed my soul with their sophisticated beauty and
FLOTSAM JETSAM with Flotsam Jetsam is one of my favourite videos and the credits at the end seeing Kate Ceberano was beautiful ... Ken Lazlo was so AMAZING to see on rage, how rare .... Loved seeing Hanging On A String from Loose Ends, last time I saw that on TV was in 1985 on SOUNDS! ... TANIA MARIA Don't Go was very interesting ... Mink Deville with Italian SHoes was simply WOW, the dancing girls in it were so fabbbulouuuuuus ... OFRA HAZA with the beautiful Galbi is always soothing + THE PIRANHAS Easy Come Easy Go was GREAT and SOOOO beautifully BRITISH, OH YEAH ... TELEX with We Are All Getting Old was FUN ... MONDINO with Les Danse Des Mots, yes please! ... WAYNE SCOTT Rambo (This Time We're Gonna Win) was very interesting indeed, SHERRICK Just Call was very smooooth and to see the Countdown Revolution performance of ROCOCO Inside Out again was great. I LOVED how much art and Avant Garde material was played. A night of REALL 'QUALITY' realness.... I bow down to you rage, you made my night!!!! xxxx thank you sooo very much

Jason 'The Moderator'
PULSALLAMA The Devil Lives In My Husband's Body was ULTRA camp-tastic!

That was very interesting indeed.

My only gripe - that Rococo's 'Italo House Mix' wasn't aired for some reason (presumably they had to chop a video to meet their precious Doctor Who starting time ). But it wasn't the last video, it was the 3rd last! I hope it gets aired if the last 2 hours of Saturday night's rage are repeated (as they normally are) on Tuesday and Wednesday night.

Good to see the old King Crimson rage theme again.Also enjoyed seeing F.A.B. again. Haven't seen it on TV since 1985 on Top 40 Video in Adelaide where it was a moderate hit.

Jason, you crack me up. But it's good to see someone so excited with the playlist and obviously you stayed up all night to watch it. A lot of these songs are unfamiliar to me, so it will be good to give them a go and discover a lot more music of past years.

I was excited to see the video for 'Numero Uno' by Starlight again. I literally haven't watched that video since it was in the charts early 1990 on rage. Ahhh the memories and it was a track off the compilation 'Hits Of 1990 Vol. 2'.

I noticed rage playing one of their old theme songs. Wow, could have sworn I was watching rage back in 1988.

So how many clips were ripped from Countdown? So far, from what I've watched, they are: Should I Do It, I Am An Island...

Nathan, do let me (us) know what the deal is if they plan to air the last 2 hours of the special again during the week.

The Numero Uno video isn't as good as I remembered. Very low budget. It was good they played it though.

As for Hits of 1990 Volume 2, I never liked that all the tracks were linked together forward slash overlapping.

As for the King Crimson promo, rage posted on FB that it open quote was lost but literally found the reel lying around unmarked in a box. close quote

It was great to see the Edith Bliss music video of 'Heart Of Stone'. I haven't see it since Simon Townsend's Wonder World. I wonder if Rage has the music video of 'Two Single Beds' as well.

I never thought i would see Gliding by Double again. I recorded it off MTV when it was Hip Clip Of The Week and never saw it on TV again. Love all the vintage footage in it. From memory Double was pronounced Dooble

^ Nathan, yeah, I wasn't a fan of the compilations that blended the tracks together. Hit City 1987 was another one. But they're good for parties I guess, a bit like the radio.

1 2