Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lost 1979 Countdown footage found

Brett has alerted me to a bit of lost Countdown footage that has been uploaded onto YouTube.

It is on a YouTube channel that I have long been a subscriber to as he uploads many rarer items. I didn't recognise his new channel name at first but he had previously called his channel "nearlyoutofideas" and I have had a fair few of his clips ripped for me from there previously. He now calls his channel "Folk rock, Australian rock & more"

The clip is Mental As Anything - Possible Theme For A Future TV Drama Series being performed live on Countdown. As it was released in Nov 1979 and debuted in the Australian Top 100 around Christmas 1979 I am guessing that it was shown on the missing December 9 1979 show. The previous missing show to that was Oct 14 1979 which I would think would have been too early for this song.

The following is a link to the clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USZaJyYZaVM

Re: Lost 1979 Countdown footage found

Wow, great find indeed.

I wonder the person who uploaded it has the entire episode or just this clip?

A great thing to see anyway - good quality too.

Love it! Wonder if the song was put together in 1979 after the successful song 'On The Outside' by Lynne Hamilton, the theme song for 'Prisoner'?

The Mentals need to be alerted to this find. They would love it.

Yikes! 'Inside', not 'Outside'!