Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rage could well be one of the first casualties of Abbott's ABC fund cutting

I really fear that Rage may be no more after the current Lib government wields the axe on the ABC under the guise of "economising".

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/abbott-to-break-abc-no-cuts-promise-20140412-zqty9.html

I really hope not but I can't see Abbott and Co classing Rage as important or essential viewing.

Re: Rage could well be one of the first casualties of Abbott's ABC fund cutting

You would really hope that it doesn't come to that. I don't think the operating costs of Rage are all that high comparatively as it is just airing product produced by others.

I think a major drain on the ABC finances - apart from having far too many high paid executives - is the running of the 24 hour news channel. To cut rage would barely make a dint.

It would be a sad day if Rage were to be axed as there is little else of that nature around.

Even though Rage really doesn't cost much at all to produce I just fear, due to its timeslot and often "alternative" format, it may be viewed by the conservative powers that be as something that hardly anyone watches anyway so therefore won't be missed much.
How wrong that view would be!!

Yes, a very sad day indeed if Rage becomes a victim of the proposed funding cuts.

(Yes, ABC News 24 is completely unnecessary and a waste of time and deserves to go long before Rage).

Rage is probably one of their cheapest shows, so it wouldn't make sense for them to scrap it to save $. At least I hope not.

Let's hope not,Nathan.
Time will tell....

Oh dear! That would mean no more Countdown, NOOOOOOOOOOO!

rage is the only music program even outside of January that you get to see interesting clips unlike Foxtel!

rage CAN NOT go!!!!!!!!!!

We don't want Abbott to axe Rage from the ABC, we want to keep the show forever and we're going to make a petition to save Rage now!

Is it just me or has rage been s h i t e since January?

Please sign this petition to save Rage from being axed by Tony Abbott, Joe Hockey and Malcolm Turnbull's ABC budget cuts now!:
www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/malcolm-turnball-hands-off-rage
We want the ABC to keep screening Rage forever so go ahead and sign the petition up.

Michael
Is it just me or has rage been s h i t e since January?

I agree it's generally been a bit dull. I thought the Nile Rogers GP wasn't too bad, but after that, nothing really stands out.

I don't like that they now just re-hash half of Friday night's playlist after the guest programming segment on Saturday night... they could air random/retro videos for several hours in that slot.

The playlists seem to be going up consistently late, and strangely even the coming up area of the homepage seems to be mostly TBA these days, with little advance notice of what's coming up. Plus they seem to have altogether stopped posting the list of new videos on the home page. I don't habitually check the Friday night playlist.

Oh, and they seem to update the message board about once a month if you're lucky. It all seems to be about Facebook these days, which I don't like, as it seems swamped by the less-devoted casual viewer requesting clips they already play every other week, or stating they don't like the current guest programmer (what's the point in that?).

Nicholas
Please sign this petition to save Rage from being axed by Tony Abbott, Joe Hockey and Malcolm Turnbull's ABC budget cuts now!:
www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/malcolm-turnball-hands-off-rage
We want the ABC to keep screening Rage forever so go ahead and sign the petition up.

I'm not sure I like the idea of this petition, because, if nothing else, it may bring to their attention that Rage exists And therefore it might be on their minds when they look at what to cut. I'd rather they stayed (presumably) oblivious to Rage, and instead focused on the programs that cater more to their (personality) demographic.

Knowing the ABC in recent years, I wouldn't be that surprised if e.g. the government decide to scrap ABC24, and the ABC then decides to scrap rage and air those overnight news programs instead during that time slot. Because one can't ever get enough 'news'

Yes, comments on facebook are fleeting and random. The messageboard is where the real fans are who post meaningful comments. rage won't get axed. It will most probably be ABC drama. What other music programs are there on the ABC at present?