Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for a song title and the artist who sings it

Can anybody help me?

I have got this song in my head and I don't know the song title or who the artist is.

Here are the words I can remember:
"You don't know how much I love you"
"You don't know how much you mean to me"

The words I can remember must be part of the chorus. But the words could be wrong.

But I do know this for sure, it was a male singing the song and a female singing backing vocals. I would not call this song a duet, but I could be wrong.

The song is a slow song. You could call it a love song, but I'm not 100% sure.

I recall hearing this song on the radio in the early 1980's. I don't think this song was a hit, but it could have been a minor hit.

I don't know if the artist is Australian or an international act.

I have done internet searches, with no luck.

Any suggests would be appreciated.

Thank you.

The song is not:
"I don't know much, but I know I love you." by Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville.

Re: Looking for a song title and the artist who sings it

It's not really part of the song - but a dialogue similar to the lines you quote occurs at the start of Milli Vanilli's 'Girl You Know It's True' video. I'm probably way off, but that's the first thing that popped into my head based on your description. Though it's not a slow song, and it's from the late 80's.

I just googled your lyrics quoted + lyrics and it came up with George McCrae's 'You Don't Know':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLjrV2-1CkQ

Hi Everybody!

I have found the song that I was looking for.

The song is "Stuff and Nonsense" by Split Enz.

The words that I could remember were a bit wrong, but I knew how the song sounded like.

I was searching for the song and I came across the Split Enz song and I knew this was the song that was in my head.

I would like to thank ohnoitisnathan for his suggestions.

Be sure to check out Belinda Carlisle's version of 'Stuff and Nonsense' off her debut album 'Belinda' released in 1986. Cheers.