Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Timecoded Countdowns

I have seen a reference to these Timecoded Countdowns on this forum, how have people been obtaining these?

Trading, payment, or are they available on the net somewhere?

Re: Timecoded Countdowns

They originally appeared around 2005 when some DVDs of Countdown performances were going to be released (Wonder Years) and the timecoded episodes were being used to search for footage. The ABC management then burnt the individuals who were doing this project and sold the rights to Gudinski (Countdown Spectacular).

As a result of the project collapsing, the 110 or so timecoded episodes were no longer required. I was doing the cataloging on one set of these discs when the project came to a halt - and was left holding the set. There was another set somewhere as well.

The discs were handed out by the ABC for research purposes and they have been passed on to others who were also interested in research.

Email me if you want to do some research.

was the other set eps from '84-'87?

Michael
was the other set eps from '84-'87?

No, it was a duplicate set. I ended up with Gavin Wood's set when the project folded, not sure what happened with the other one.