Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ABC's reply to me regarding the hockey interuption

Hmmm, talk about a lame reply....

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to read you were disappointed to find your viewing of rage Goes Retro on Saturday 18 January was going to be interrupted by a broadcast of the Hockey: Men’s World League Finals. I regret you feel this was disrespectful and I have been in touch with ABC1 Television regarding your concerns.

Talk about a LAME automatic reply!

They have advised that rage and its viewers are very important to the channel and they would like to apologise for any inconvenience this event may have caused. ABC1 had been covering the hockey finals since the previous week and were committed to broadcasting the Final live (or as close to live as possible) on ABC1. They hope you will have enjoyed the four hours of rage Goes Retro that were broadcast that night, and that you will also be able to view the six Retro hours that will be broadcast next Saturday 25 January.

Please be assured your comments, and your request that similar interruptions not occur again in future, have been noted and made available to ABC Television management for their consideration.

Thank you again for taking the time to write.

Kind regards,

Juliana Walsh

ABC Audience & Consumer Affairs

Re: ABC's reply to me regarding the hockey interuption

Well, at least they replied. Wow, 6 hours of rage retro on 25/1 interrupted! and I bet 4 hours of it will be s h i t e!

Michael
Well, at least they replied. Wow, 6 hours of rage retro on 25/1 interrupted! and I bet 4 hours of it will be s h i t e!

I know I'm in the minority (and I wouldn't want all retro week episodes to be like this), but I'm secretly hoping it's a late 80's/early 90's Factory/Countdown Revolution bonanza

Didn't the original blurb for this month state '70's to 90's'? They haven't aired any 90's yet. Though I suspect unfortunately that it will be a Recovery/live performances onslaught

Maybe, just to be nice & a way of really apologising, how about they throw in an additional retro week, that being this first weekend in February?! They did it in 2002, so why not again..

Matt
Maybe, just to be nice & a way of really apologising, how about they throw in an additional retro week, that being this first weekend in February?! They did it in 2002, so why not again..

Next year will be another 5 week retro-month by my calculation, with Rage airing on Saturday 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31 January.

2016 will also be another 5 week retro month, but unfortunately 2017 won't be, due to the leap day in 2016 pushing the dates one day of the week forward

When we're really lucky, we sometimes get three 5 weekend January's in a row. That's next set to occur in 2026-2027-2028

ohnoitisnathan

Next year will be another 5 week retro-month by my calculation, with Rage airing on Saturday 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31 January.

2016 will also be another 5 week retro month, but unfortunately 2017 won't be, due to the leap day in 2016 pushing the dates one day of the week forward

When we're really lucky, we sometimes get three 5 weekend January's in a row. That's next set to occur in 2026-2027-2028

Haha, that's looking a fair way ahead. I'm looking at retiring somewhere between 2024 and 2029, now I've got an even better reason to do so.

Matt

That's a very good point. Rage owe us at least 4 hours of retro due to the hockey.

Jason 'The Moderator'
Hmmm, talk about a lame reply....

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to read you were disappointed to find your viewing of rage Goes Retro on Saturday 18 January was going to be interrupted by a broadcast of the Hockey: Men’s World League Finals. I regret you feel this was disrespectful and I have been in touch with ABC1 Television regarding your concerns.

Talk about a LAME automatic reply!

They have advised that rage and its viewers are very important to the channel and they would like to apologise for any inconvenience this event may have caused. ABC1 had been covering the hockey finals since the previous week and were committed to broadcasting the Final live (or as close to live as possible) on ABC1. They hope you will have enjoyed the four hours of rage Goes Retro that were broadcast that night, and that you will also be able to view the six Retro hours that will be broadcast next Saturday 25 January.

Please be assured your comments, and your request that similar interruptions not occur again in future, have been noted and made available to ABC Television management for their consideration.

Thank you again for taking the time to write.

Kind regards,

Juliana Walsh

ABC Audience & Consumer Affairs

That's actually a fairly courteous and personal reply, although the response is also their way to brush off the incident as well, it just doesn't help our situation much. They are limited by the legal department as to what they can actually say and their programming is already fixed to some extent weeks in advance.

It would be nice if they did play a bit of extra Retro on Feb 1 to compensate if they were serious about us viewers being important.