Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rage interruption Saturday January 18th 1-30am to 3-30am

Folks,

I just read on the rage facebook page that rage is gonna be interrupted on Saturday January 18th from 1-30am to 3-30am. For what? The same reason rage is starting at 12.35am this saturday night. Hockey.

What the...? (thanks Brendan S. for the info)

http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/tv/detail.php?id=36488118&fta=1

According to ebroadcast.com.au, Rage starts 11.03pm that night, then gets interrupted for hockey, then back to rage at 3.30am to 6.30am.

Re: Rage interruption Saturday January 18th 1-30am to 3-30am

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

That's fine, as long as it's Hitscene.

Seriously though, hopefully, it's going to be just a bunch of videos taken out of the program schedule.

How $hite, but not that surprising in sport-obsessed Ostraya. But bloody rude of them to eat into rage's schedule like that. "Oh, your show isn't as important as watching men with sticks run after a ball." I'd (seriously) rather watch paint dry.

Michael
That's fine, as long as it's Hitscene.

Or that Elton John "special" mentioned in the retro month blurb.

I'm in Perth and the hockey finishes at 12.30am here. So it's probably the same playlist just split differently.

^ Maybe you're looking at the wrong weekend. This is not for this coming weekend, but the one *after* it.

How annoying, last time i checked, ABC had two other alternatives for broadcasting - ABC2 & ABC3 - which are generally full of repeat shows anyhow. How daft of them

Interestingly they do this when all the good stuff is on Rage, but wouldn't interrupt rage when they have their Triple J crap playing through the year. To me it's all part and parcel of reality - as much as it makes me yawn - nothing can be done about it - and ain't nothing going to change the abominable sheltered workshop culture and work ethic at the ABC. They are a heap of lazy retards sucking up our tax $ doing **** all.

Mark from 2PR FM
Interestingly they do this when all the good stuff is on Rage, but wouldn't interrupt rage when they have their Triple J crap playing through the year. To me it's all part and parcel of reality - as much as it makes me yawn - nothing can be done about it - and ain't nothing going to change the abominable sheltered workshop culture and work ethic at the ABC. They are a heap of lazy retards sucking up our tax $ doing **** all.

Ugh, I smell a political statement in the above.

Friday nights during January should be Retro as well instead of the usual crap they play so there won't be any interruptions.

I guess that way they can make up for the time loss.

Matt
How annoying, last time i checked, ABC had two other alternatives for broadcasting - ABC2 & ABC3 - which are generally full of repeat shows anyhow. How daft of them

It is fairly puzzling but nothing surprises me about the ABC and their attitude to ABC2 and ABC3. ABC2 started as a catch-up channel then became a children's/pre-schooler's channel. They then started ABC3 which is also a children's channel. They reacted in horror in 2008 when I wrote to them complaining when they took the state/territory rugby league, rugby union and VFL off ABC2. There seems to be someone at the ABC who is hell-bent on preserving the digital channels exclusively for children's programming.

Stephen
Mark from 2PR FM

Ugh, I smell a political statement in the above.

Correct to a degree, I think this response aptly puts it. :)

John Moulis
They reacted in horror in 2008 when I wrote to them complaining when they took the state/territory rugby league, rugby union and VFL off ABC2. There seems to be someone at the ABC who is hell-bent on preserving the digital channels exclusively for children's programming.

To clarify, they are being paid by us, the tax payer, so they should be much more receptive to what the public want. I have a feeling that Rage is often coloured with much of what the producer wants to pick. Though requests do get through for certain shows and videos, I'm become numbed out from the continual pushing of their triple J agenda, and a total ignorance that they are people of other tastes.

For example, why is countdown, and 70s 80s video clips shown only in January, and often done as a after-thought. This is what I mean by them being lazy. And the continual pushing of having ABC2 and ABC3 for kids material - how much kids material can one stomach - this is more to the point of being rediculous.

Not just countdown, but it would of been nice if the ABC dedicated one of their channels to archived material. Not just old music shows, but old current affair shows, old documentaries, and etc. I thought this would of just been commonsense, but apparently as we have seen this is not the case.

Though somewhat reluctant to go off topic - for a moment the broader sense of what I'm getting at is the establishment mentality. This is in radio, television, and in politics. I've spent the last three years (after ten years of prep) lobbying to get my radio station licensed.

The aim of such a radio station was to a:) play music from a large archival library, and b:) advocate for those with a disability. This would be having news items, and information segments between the music every so often dedicated to such issues. I've written more about this at the front page of my website, under the header "after 14 years".

With 17% of Sydney having a disability, with extensive documentation demonstrating and prooving the need for such a station, I keep hitting brick walls. On the other hand they are other stations with citywide licenses, that only cater for less then 2% of Sydney's population. It seems that those with a disability are not to have a voice, no matter how justified, that is pretty much my political stand.... or utter frustration.

Whether it is getting countdown repeats on to the ABC, or one trying to promote a justified cause. It seems the only way to have influence over something now a days, is to have the right contacts in the right places - I'm affraid.