Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'rage goes retro 1' - COUNTDOWN & ROCK ARENA FULL EPISODE DETAILS

COUNTDOWN (6 EPISODES)!!!

THE most amazing start to any rage goes retro EVER! And 26/08/1984 is one of my requests! WOW, go rage!!!!!!

FINALLY get this episode

Year:1985
Date:14/07/1985
Show no:470
Summary:THIS SHOW IS HOSTED BY MOLLY JUST A FEW HOURS AFTER COMPLETING THE 16 HOUR TELETHON FOR 'OZ FOR AFRICA' IN SYDNEY.
VIDEO CLIPS:
KIDS IN THE KITCHEN 'SHINE'
I'M TALKING 'LEAD THE WAY'
POINTER SISTERS 'BABY COME & GET IT'
PAUL YOUNG 'TOMB OF MEMORIES'
ROD STEWARD/JEFF BECK 'PEOPLE GET READY'
PHIL COLLINS '(BILLY) DON'T LOSE MY NUMBER'
PHIL OAKEY 'GOODBYE BAD TIMES'
TEARS FOR FEARS 'HEAD OVER HEELS'
CYNDI LAUPER 'THE GOONIES R GOOD ENOUGH PART 2'
CHARTBUSTERS:
RENEE GEYER 'ALL MY LOVE'
MODELS 'OUT OF MIND, OUT OF SIGHT'
'TIL TUESDAY 'VOICES CARRY'
TOP TEN:
DEBARGE 'RHYTHM OF THE NIGHT'
DO RE MI 'MAN OVERBOARD'
UNCANNY X-MEN 'FIFTY YEARS'
EUROGLIDERS 'WE WILL TOGETHER'
DURAN DURAN 'A VIEW TO A KILL'
EURYTHMICS 'WOULD I LIE TO YOU'
KATRINA & THE WAVES 'WALKING ON SUNSHINE'
MADONNA 'CRAZY FOR YOU'
MENTAL AS ANYTHING 'LIVE IT UP'
MADONNA 'ANGEL/INTO THE GROOVE'

Year:1983
Date:03/07/1983
Show no:377
Summary:THE SHOW IS HOSTED BY DAVID STERRY AND RICHARD ZATORSKI FROM 'REAL LIFE' AND THERE ARE VIDEO CLIPS,TOP TEN ITEMS AND MOLLY PRESENTS MUSIC NEWS IN 'HUMDRUM' AND INTERVIEWS ANNIE LENNOX FROM 'EURYTHMICS' AND KATE & JEREMIAH FROM 'HAYSI FANTAYZEE'.
LOCAL ARTISTS:
REAL LIFE 'SEND ME AN ANGEL'
ANGELS 'LIVE LADY LIVE'
TIM FINN 'A FRACTION TOO MUCH FRICTION'
OVERSEAS ARTISTS:
CULTURE CLUB 'CHURCH OF THE POISON MIND'
EDDY GRANT 'ELECTRIC AVENUE'
EURYTHMICS 'SWEET DREAMS'
EUROPEANS 'ANIMAL SONG'
AL JARREAU 'MORNIN'
HAYSI FANTAYZEE 'SHINY SHINY'
ULTRAVOX 'WE CAME TO DANCE'
ELTON JOHN 'THEY CALL IT THE BLUES'
TOP TEN ITEMS:
NAKED EYES 'ALWAYS SOMETHING THERE'
REAL LIFE 'SEND ME AN ANGEL'
PRINCE 'LITTLE RED CORVETTE'
RENEE & RENATO 'SAVE YOUR LOVE'
EURYTHMICS 'SWEET DREAMS'
POLICE 'EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE'
ELTON JOHN 'I'M STILL STANDING'
MICHAEL JACKSON 'BEAT IT'
IRENE CARA 'FLASHDANCE'
BONNIE TYLER 'TOTAL ECLIPSE'

Year:1980
Date:20/04/1980
Show no:236
Summary:THIS WEEK INC INTERVIEWS WITH THE ANGELS IN LOS ANGELS AFTER WINNING THE COUNTDOWN AWARD AND PHONE
INTERVIEW WITH MI-SEX. KC OF KC AND THE SUNSHINE BAND IS GUEST HOST.
LIVE STUDIO ITEMS:
EYES 'RIDING IN MY FAVOURITE CAR'
DELANEY VENN 'PRISONER'
EDITH BLISS 'HEART OF STONE'
DARRYL COTTON 'SAME OLD GIRL'
LOCAL ARTISTS VIDEO CLIPS:
ANGELS 'NO SECRETS'
OVERSEAS ARTISTS VIDEO ITEMS:CLAUDJA BARRY 'YOU MAKE ME FEEL THE FIRE'
KC AND THE SUNSHINE BAND 'MEDLEY - BOOGIE SHOES,THAT'S THE WAY I LIKE IT,SHAKE YOUR BOOTY,KEEP IT COMING LOVE,PLEASE DON'T GO'

Year:1984
Date:05/08/1984
Show no:428
Summary:THIS SHOW WAS HOSTED BY COMEDIAN RODNEY RUDE WHO PERFORMED BETWEEN CLIPS COMEDY SKETCHES AND WAS IV BY MOLLY RE ALBUM, COMEDY IN AUSTRALIA AND TOUR.
VIDEO CLIPS:
INXS 'BURN FOR YOU'
PSEUDO ECHO 'DANCING UNTIL MIDNIGHT'
DRAGON 'WILDER WORLD'
DAN HARTMAN 'I CAN DREAM ABOUT YOU'
HUEY LEWIS & THE NEWS 'HEART OF ROCK'N'ROLL'
MICHAEL JACKSON 'THRILLER' (EXCERPT)
POINTER SISTERS 'JUMP'
FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD 'TWO TRIBES' AND IV WITH HOLLY RE SUCCESS OF SINGLE, SONG WRITING, GETTING RECOGNITION OF RECORD COMPANIES.
ORCHESTRAL MANOEUVRES IN THE DARK 'LOCOMOTION'
STEVE PERRY 'OH SHERRIE'
TINA TURNER 'WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT'
U2 'SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY' (EXCERPT)
QUEEN 'IT'S A HARD LIFE'
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN 'DANCING IN THE DARK' (ENDS SHOW)
TOP TEN:
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN 'DANCING IN THE DARK'
INXS 'BURN FOR YOU'
STEVE PERRY 'OH SHERRIE'
FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD 'TWO TRIBES'
ELTON JOHN 'SAD SONGS'
THE TWELFTH MAN 'IT'S JUST NOT CRICKET'
EUROGLIDERS 'HEAVEN'
LAURA BRANIGAN 'SELF CONTROL'
PRINCE 'WHEN DOVES CRY'
WHAM 'WAKE ME UP BEFORE YOU GO GO'

Year:1984
Date:26/8/1984
Show no:431
Summary: THIS SHOW IS LIVE FROM SYDNEY AND MOLLY PRESENTS HUMDRUM FROM PERTH LIVE STUDIO PERFORMANCES:
QED 'THIS ONE'
AVION 'STILL THE NIGHT'
DROPBEARS 'PROUD'
VIDEO CLIPS:
DIVINYLS 'GOOD DIE YOUNG'
SLADE 'RUN RUNAWAY'
NIK KERSHAW 'I WON'T LET THE SUN GO DOWN'
ZZ TOP 'LEGS'
CYNDI LAUPER 'SHE BOP'
TINA TURNER 'WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT' (ENDS SHOW)
CHARTBUSTERS
:ICICLE WORKS 'BIRDS FLY'
STEVE CUMMINGS 'GYMNASIUM'
ALISON MOYET 'LOVE RESURRECTION'
TIME BANDITS 'I'M ONLY SHOOTING LOVE'
GARY GLITTER 'DANCE ME UP'
JEFF LYNNE 'VIDEO'
TOP TEN ITEMS:
LAURA BRANIGAN 'SELF CONTROL'
BRONSKI BEAT 'SMALLTOWN BOY'
TINA TURNER 'WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT'
STEVE PERRY 'OH SHERRIE'
FRANIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD 'TWO TRIBES'
DAN HARTMAN 'I CAN DREAM ABOUT YOU'
INXS 'BURN FOR YOU'
PRINCE 'WHEN DOVES CRY'
WHAM 'WAKE ME UP BEFORE YOU GO GO'

Year:1981
Date:17/05/1981
Show no:285
Summary:THIS SHOW IS HOSTED BY IGNATIUS AND JOYLENE FROM JIMMY & THE BOYS, WHO ARE IV BY MOLLY RE SINGLE AND ALBUM. THE MEMBERS OF DEVO ARE IV RE SONGWRITING, GROUP FOUNDATION AND IMAGE.
VIDEO CLIPS:
JIMMY & THE BOYS 'GIRLFRIEND'
POP MECHANIX 'JUMPING OUT OF WINDOWS'
RUSSELL MORRIS & THE RUBES 'SO TOUGH'
MEN OF HARLECH 'CHARLIE'S GETTING MARRIED'
DEVO 'FREEDOM OF CHOICE', 'WHIP IT' (EXCERPTS)
BOOMTOWN RATS 'ELEPHANTS GRAVEYARD'
COAST TO COAST 'HUCKLEBUCK'
SPANDAU BALLET 'TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT'
STYX 'TIME ON MY HANDS'
CHARTBUSTERS:
SHAKIN' STEVENS 'THIS OLE HOUSE' (EXCERPT)
THE LOOK 'I AM THE BEAT'
HUMDRUM:
BIRTHDAY PARTY 'NICK THE STRIPPER'
BOB MARLEY 'IS THIS LOVE'
THE BUREAU 'ONLY FOR SHEEP'
HAZEL O'CONNOR 'GIVE AN INCH'
YARBROUGH & PEOPLES 'DON'T STOP THE MUSIC'
TOP TEN:
DOLLY PARTON '9 TO 5'
SWINGERS 'COUNTING THE BEAT'
VISAGE 'FADE TO GREY'
SPLIT ENZ 'HISTORY NEVER REPEATS'
ADAM & THE ANTS 'ANT MUSIC'
REO SPEEDWAGON 'KEEP ON LOVING YOU'
SHEENA EASTON '9 TO 5 (MORNING TRAIN)'
PHIL COLLINS 'IN THE AIR TONIGHT'
JUICE NEWTON 'ANGEL OF MORNING'
ROXY MUSIC 'JEALOUS GUY'

ROCK ARENA (1 EPISODE)

ROCK ARENA: October 23 1984 A MUSIC VIDEO PROGRAM HOSTED BY SUZANNE DOWLING WHO BRIEFLY INTRODUCES EACH ARTIST;ARTIST/TITLES:;00.16 GIORGIO MORODER, ROTWANGS PARTY (ROBOT DANCE);03.55 HUNTERS & COLLECTORS, BETTY'S WORRY OR THE SLAB;08.59 HUNTERS & COLLECTORS, CARRY ME;13.09 HUNTERS & COLLECTORS, THROW YOUR ARMS AROUND ME;19.00 DAVID BOWIE, BLUE JEANS;39.12 GRACE JONES, DEMOLITION MAN;42.25 GRACE JONES, PRIVATE LIFE;44.58 THE CARS, YOU MIGHT THINK;48.02 THE CARS, MAGIC;51.52 THE CARS, DRIVE

Re: 'rage goes retro 1' - COUNTDOWN & ROCK ARENA FULL EPISODE DETAILS

Clearly remember seeing the 14/7/1985 episode as it was the first time that I saw the great Oakey/Moroder clip for Goodbye Bad Times. It also has the brilliant KITK video for Shine.

Any Real Life is always welcome and this is from the first time they hosted along with their Countdown produced clip for Send Me An Angel. This episode helped break Real Life nationwide after they were only really charting in Melbourne at this stage.

26/8/1984 is also a great episode with QED performing This One live along with Avion and Dropbears also live.

The 1981 episode hosted by Ignatius Jones is one of the best from that year that hadn't been shown yet with a host of rare clips plus entertaining hosts - although I found Men Of Harlech annoying in 1981 and I don't think much has changed in the ensuing 32 years.

Top it off with Suzanne Dowling in 1984 and it doesn't get much better.

YES Armin, a perfect night for rage goes retro 1

And I also FINALLY get the Shine video!

SWEET AS! Although I do have 3/7/83 episode on time code. But hey, a fresh one all cleaned up and no watermark, nice!

Michael,

Although I also do have 3/7/83 episode on time code it's one of THE THE THE top[ 1983 Countdown episodes for me and to have it with no timer code, digital and no watermark is great. I still can't believe the ABC1 Logo is now no longer in sight in 4.3 since analogue got switched off. HORRRRAY!!!!!

The funny thing is, I was watching this episode literally 2 weeks ago while burning it for a friend.

I cannot believe we are getting 6 episodes tonight, just WOW!

Awesome episodes too.

Bring on Saturday night.

I still have Real Life on vinyl, fantastic group.

Also, looking forward to OMD and Hunters on RockArena.

Is the 1981 episode a RAGE repeat, or did Jimmy and Boys host a number of different shows back then?

Stephen

Is the 1981 episode a RAGE repeat, or did Jimmy and Boys host a number of different shows back then?

They hosted twice in 1981, this is their first one. They showed the other one - Aug 16 - in 2011 and 2012.

Therefore, none of these episodes have not been aired on Rage before.

I wish they showed those 1974 Countdown episodes as I read somewhere here they were transferred on kine-scope film from the master color videotapes.

Good to see more Hitscene and GTK footage this season. he he.

Seems to be a bit missing from 20/4/80 playlist. No Chartbusters, Humdrum or Top 10. We'll wait and see what the episode dishes up.

Michael
Seems to be a bit missing from 20/4/80 playlist. No Chartbusters, Humdrum or Top 10. We'll wait and see what the episode dishes up.

If I remember correctly, Paul McCartney had just released his McCartney II album, and "Coming up" was on the way up with the charts. So I'm guessing the ABC are still having their Beatles embargo, because their too tight to pay royalties, or something to that effect. I have an 1981 episode from about three years ago, but it is all chopped up, because all the George Harrison parts have been cut out.

I thought the same in that the 1980 archived information on tonight's episode seems to short. This is the way the show was archived by the ABC in it's description, maybe the person who did it were lazy on that episode and didn't put in all information...

Yes, believe me, after someone who did it for a year, data entry does get boring after a while!

Michael

It would almost certainly be data entry - or a lack of - that has resulted in the limited information.

The full episode went for 54minutes and according to Frankster's times they have allocated 54min.

I don't have a digital runsheet of the episode but here is a scan of a physical copy. They didn't have Chartbusters that week but Humdrum and the Top 10 were there.

photo countdown20480_zps8e881f09.jpg

Good programmes and they saved the best for last IMHO.

1980 Episode of C.down was my TOP FAV last night, it was just WOW WOW WOW!

And with the Rodney Rude 1984 episode I didn't realise OMD's Locomotion was in the COuntdown studio and the Black and White video for What's Love Got To Do With It was something I never knew existed.

With the 1984 Episode I requested the QED performance was amazing and Dropbears were great AND the very RARE I Won't Let The Sun Go Down On Me video, what a surprise!

The 1981 episode was such a totally different type of Countdown episode, lots of obscure material. Joylene was utterly FLAWLESS with her deluxe costume changes, wigs and head pieces, I was in WOW mode!!! Ignatius in his kilt introducing 'The Spandau Ballet' was just fabulous and decadent and the final part of the show when Ignatius brings Molly out in a straight jacket was so COOL!!!!!!! How did we go so backwards in this day in age in 2014? A pity...

Jason 'The Moderator'
1980 Episode of C.down was my TOP FAV last night, it was just WOW WOW WOW!

And with the Rodney Rude 1984 episode I didn't realise OMD's Locomotion was in the COuntdown studio and the Black and White video for What's Love Got To Do With It was something I never knew existed.

With the 1984 Episode I requested the QED performance was amazing and Dropbears were great AND the very RARE I Won't Let The Sun Go Down On Me video, what a surprise!

The 1981 episode was such a totally different type of Countdown episode, lots of obscure material. Joylene was utterly FLAWLESS with her deluxe costume changes, wigs and head pieces, I was in WOW mode!!! Ignatius in his kilt introducing 'The Spandau Ballet' was just fabulous and decadent and the final part of the show when Ignatius brings Molly out in a straight jacket was so COOL!!!!!!! How did we go so backwards in this day in age in 2014? A pity...

Fairly well the same highlights for me. Fortunately Rage didn't put their logo onto too many important clips so they are virtually clean now that the watermark is also off the screen.

Nice to get the 1980 and 1983 episodes without timecodes. Michael Delaney, of Delaney/Venn, was a contributor to Juke magazine but died in a car accident in 1982.

The 1985 episode had a Countdown studio clip version of Shine, I was hoping it was the actual clip with helicopters and Russian spies as my version (taped off Sounds in 1985) is lower quality but it was a great clip anyhow although I had a copy of it (now I know which episode it was from). The Stewart/Beck clip is also rarely played.

The Rodney Rude episode was quite good except that it had Rodney Rude in it. I never thought of him as funny, the same as I never thought Vince Sorrenti was funny either - yet they both hosted Countdown. I would have preferred more cast members from "Australia, You're Standing In It" but they only ever used Tim & Debbie from there. Rod Quantock would have been far better than Rodney. Pseudo Echo and OMD live in the studio were great - I had seen Pseudo's performance before but not OMD. I didn't pick up on there being 2 versions of What's Love Got To Do With It, will have to check it out again.

The episode you requested was brilliant, particularly the QED performance but also Avion and Dropbears. I was also pleasantly surprised by the rare Nik Kershaw clip as the concert version is the one generally shown but was hoping this would be the one as they had shown a segment of it in Chartbusters in another episode.

The 1981 episode had some of the best hosting ever by Ignatius and Joylene and a lot of obscurities.

Great start to Retro.

Yeah, never could understand the popularity of Rodney Rude back then.

Thought his humour was very lame, and his jokes were terrible on this show.

Clearly RAGE picked the episodes where Bruce Springteen featured, with his tour here next month.

1980 episode brought back memories of seeing that episode with the Veterans clip. Even my father enjoyed a song on countdown that night!

I was a big FGTH back at the end of high school, it was great getting this episode with HollyJ interviewed.

OMD in the studio, was just awesome....Great music in the 80s.

I haven't watched all of the Countdowns yet (went to bed at 1:30), but I love that the original concept video for Nik Kershaw's 'I Won't Let the Sun Go Down On Me' aired on one of the 1984 episodes. That was one I requested for my Rage playlist in 2010, but they only had the version 2/'live' footage version.

I've got a feeling that I may have seen that episode when it first aired, as I remember seeing Divinyls 'Good Die Young' on Countdown (unless it aired on multiple episodes), then watching it again later hoping they'd replay the clip. This would have been shortly before my family moved overseas. It may be a false memory, but I thought it was a Friday that I saw this episode (did they repeat Countdown on Fridays then?)

I think Countdown in '84 was repeated on Saturday's, like the 85's, correct me if I'm wrong Guru.

I loved the '85 episode, but I thought Molly would have been more buzzing and on a high and possibly still in the telethon room with some special guests, but he looked quite happy to go to bed. I swear The Pointer Sisters were the Destiny's Child of the 80's! I have never seen Part 2 of 'Goonies 'R Good Enough'. I liked the Bangles cameo and I wonder what Cyndi's version of 'Voices Carry' would have sounded like?

Jason, like you, I had no idea there was a B&W version of 'What's Love...'. and then a few weeks later they played the colour one. Maybe management thought the B&W vid was a bit too lame and decided to shoot another vision of it. The colour (the one we all know) is so much better. I hope rage now play the one with Tina hosting.

I found the 1980 episode my least favourite. I swear rage are trying desperately to play as many 1980 episodes to please the 70's fans and with a 70's artist hosting. While watching it, I was just wishing how cool it would be if they played 'I Like 'Lectric Motors' again. I have never heard of Claudja Barry or her music. Although, I noticed she also had another hit on the 1981 compilation 'Match This' with 'Radio Action' or was it just a filler? Sad to see a handful of acts on this episode that have passed away.

In summary, I just wish it was 1984 again! I had no idea too that OMD did 'Locomotion' in the studio. I had to look twice and confirm that it was not TOTP's. Different seeing a band perform on the floor and not on stage. A lot of energy in this performance. Funny thing is, I was never a fan of the song, but seeing the live performance, I am now.

Your comments about black and white vs colour video clips brings to mind that strange period in the late '80s, early '90s when there were a lot of black and white clips as it was briefly considered trendy. On a few occasions Rage actually turned the colour off on colour clips and showed them in b&w. I recall one occasion in 1991 when Tonight by New Kids on the Block was in the Top 50. Rage played the clip in b&w despite it containing fireworks and other colorful footage.

Michael
I think Countdown in '84 was repeated on Saturday's, like the 85's, correct me if I'm wrong Guru.

I loved the '85 episode, but I thought Molly would have been more buzzing and on a high and possibly still in the telethon room with some special guests, but he looked quite happy to go to bed. I swear The Pointer Sisters were the Destiny's Child of the 80's! I have never seen Part 2 of 'Goonies 'R Good Enough'. I liked the Bangles cameo and I wonder what Cyndi's version of 'Voices Carry' would have sounded like?

Jason, like you, I had no idea there was a B&W version of 'What's Love...'. and then a few weeks later they played the colour one. Maybe management thought the B&W vid was a bit too lame and decided to shoot another vision of it. The colour (the one we all know) is so much better. I hope rage now play the one with Tina hosting.

I found the 1980 episode my least favourite. I swear rage are trying desperately to play as many 1980 episodes to please the 70's fans and with a 70's artist hosting. While watching it, I was just wishing how cool it would be if they played 'I Like 'Lectric Motors' again. I have never heard of Claudja Barry or her music. Although, I noticed she also had another hit on the 1981 compilation 'Match This' with 'Radio Action' or was it just a filler? Sad to see a handful of acts on this episode that have passed away.

In summary, I just wish it was 1984 again! I had no idea too that OMD did 'Locomotion' in the studio. I had to look twice and confirm that it was not TOTP's. Different seeing a band perform on the floor and not on stage. A lot of energy in this performance. Funny thing is, I was never a fan of the song, but seeing the live performance, I am now.

Sorry Michale but I LOVE LOVE LOVE 1980 Countdown Episodes, they are SO magical for me. They had the raw edge and buzz. As far as Tina's What's Love video, I So prefer the Black and White one, it's more arty and sophisticated. And like you, I had NO idea OMD did Locomotion in the Countdown studio as the archivist didn't record it right and typed it up under 'Video Clips' as they also did for Shine by KITK on the 1985 episode though it was a Countdown studio clip!

Great to see the Europeans video 'The Animal Song'. I still have their album 'Vocabulary'.

The black & white 'What's Love Got To Do With It' video is available on Tina's 'Simply the Best' DVD (I think it's that one, I've got a copy of it rather than the original... shhh), along with the more well-known colour version. From memory it's listed as the 'secret version' or similar.

John Moulis
Your comments about black and white vs colour video clips brings to mind that strange period in the late '80s, early '90s when there were a lot of black and white clips as it was briefly considered trendy. On a few occasions Rage actually turned the colour off on colour clips and showed them in b&w. I recall one occasion in 1991 when Tonight by New Kids on the Block was in the Top 50. Rage played the clip in b&w despite it containing fireworks and other colorful footage.

OMG I remember that too! (except it was 1990 ) I thought at the time it was just my antenna reception playing up.

@ Jason, don't get me wrong, I love 1980 Countdown episodes. You could see a real change in music from 1979. Yep, more dark sounding and raw. I just thought that particular episode wasn't the best. My fave from 1980 would have to be the Australian made special from 14/12/80. What a year in Ausmusic!

Nathan, I have the Tina video DVD (bought) and yep, there it is in the tracklisting 'What's Love...' B&W version. Maybe that was a track I skipped when I watched it??? I wonder which version was made first and why they decided on two?

Oh yeah, something else I was going to say...was 'They Won't Let My Girlfriend Talk To Me' the actual video that we saw 'twice' on Saturday night? It looked like a Countdown made video def. wasn't a Countdown studio performance?

I don't know does the ABC or just only the collectors have got the kine-scope films of the 1974 Countdown episodes.

Was that Marcia Hines doing backing vocals on Delaney/Venn's 'Prisoner'?

Michael
Was that Marcia Hines doing backing vocals on Delaney/Venn's 'Prisoner'?

Yes, Marcia

Thought so, geez I can pick 'em.