Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fifty Shades Of Rage special

Another weekend of Rage and this time, it's Fifty Shades Of Rage special and it's about the adults-only music videos and songs which got banned and censored on radio and music video shows along with MTV in America.
It's on 10.30am Saturday morning and 11.00pm Saturday night.

Re: Fifty Shades Of Rage special

Hey Nicholas, are you sure you don't work for rage?

No, I'm just picking each special or guest programmer for you and the Countdown fams to watch before next year's Rage Goes Retro.

Here's an info of Fifty Shades Of Rage special:
What a better way to spend your night in than with a bunch of the hottest music videos of all time?

This Saturday night rage brings a very sizzling ‘Fifty Shades of rage’ special to your TV!

Join us from 11pm as we play a collection of the steamiest music videos including killer clips from Ginuwine, Shania Twain, The Strokes, Korn, Blink-182, Goldfrapp, The White Stripes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, AIR, Ciara, The Prodigy, N.E.R.D, Chris Isaak and Robert Palmer.

The ‘Fifty Shades of rage’ special is on ABC 1 Saturday July 27th between 10.30-11.30 am and then returning for the entire night from 11 pm.

It’s a show not to be missed!
Robert Palmer was from the Countdown era.

Here's some of the songs from the Countdown era in this special:
MALCOLM McLAREN Madame Butterfly
VAN HALEN Hot For Teacher
GEORGE MICHAEL I Want Your Sex
BELOUIS SOME Imagination
DURAN DURAN Girls On Film
BILLY SQUIER Rock Me Tonite
VANITY 6 Nasty Girl
PRINCE Sexy M.F.
MOTLEY CRUE Girls Girls Girls
PAINTERS and DOCKERS Nude School
J GEILS BAND Centerfold
DEVO Whip It
SAMANTHA FOX Touch Me (I Want Your Body)
ZZ TOP Legs
WHITESNAKE Here I Go Again
CHRIS DE BURGH Lady In Red
MARVIN GAYE Sexual Healing

they're playing Sam Fox's 'Naughty Girls' and Sabrina's 'Sexy Girl'!

I suggested those on Facebook (though I hate visiting the rage page there... it's messy to read), I think a couple of weeks after they posted the topic, and they listened. I also suggested The 2 Live Crew's 'Me So Horny' and E-Rotic's 'Max Don't Have Sex With Your Ex' (which they've curiously listed as just 'Max' on the playlist), and they're there too.

Sabrina's 'Boys (Summertime Love)' appears twice on the playlist Maybe they're airing the uncensored version they normally air, and the black horizontal bars/letterboxed semi-censored version

Edit - oh, they fixed the duplicate 'Boys...' entries.

A few CAMP gems on rage tomorrow night on there BANNED videos special * Vanity 6 - Nasty Girls, Belouis Some - Imagination, Sabrina - Sexy Girl, Samantha Fox - Naughty Girls Need Love Too and Pet Shop Boys - Being Boring ... The rest is a yaaaaawn ...

Nathan, 'Sexy Girl' - Sabrina! Wasn't that originally on your programming list when you won the competition a few years ago. Didn't they say they didn't have it? So, a real treat tonight, hey? I will be glad to finally get the '87 clip of 'Here I Go Again' off rage and not the original 1982 version they always play. 'Rock Me Tonite' also a treat.

I'm hoping 'Girls On Film' is the extended, naughty version, but I'm thinking it might be too rude for rage. Dunno?

What's with 'Lady In Red'? I thought that clip was pretty lame in every way.

Good to see Billy Squire's Rock Me Tonite. Surprised Divinyls - I Touch Myself didn't make the cut.

D A M N you rage! They played the '82 version of 'Here I Go Again'. What is sexy about that clip? I was 100% sure it was the '87 version with the sexy woman all over the car.

On another note, 'Sexy Girl' cracks me up.

Michael
Nathan, 'Sexy Girl' - Sabrina! Wasn't that originally on your programming list when you won the competition a few years ago. Didn't they say they didn't have it? So, a real treat tonight, hey?

Yes, it was on my playlist and they told me they didn't have it. Obviously, someone has since rediscovered it in the vault . The video is so bad that it's good. It also cracks me up, too.

I remember hearing 'Sexy Girl' for the first time on Take 40 Australia. I knew most songs before they hit the chart at that time, but 'Sexy Girl' had eluded me. I wonder if people only bought it because of the sleeve

Was 'Girls On Film' the extended one? I didn't record the whole clip.

I remember someone at rage saying they didn't have any Samantha Fox videos in early 2010, too... so they must have dug 'Naughty Girls' out of the vault as well . They've also played 3 other clips of hers between then and now... let's hope they have more

I was a bit puzzled by 'Lady In Red' being on the playlist, too. I suppose maybe because it was a popular 'romantic' song in the 80's? Though none of the other clips on the special were really about 'romance'... more in your face, overtly sexual

Yep, 'Girls on Film' was the extended and would have been the vid that lived up to this special.

Noticed Naughty Girls was a short version and not the extended (naughtier)version they used to play. Was great to see Imagination again. Had not seen that since the very early days of Rage