Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any Cyndi lauper fans

I thought you may like to know Cyndi will be touring to celebrate the 30th anniversary of She's So Unusal. Only the USA at the moment.

I love her Brink Ya To The Brink cd.

Re: Any Cyndi lauper fans

Definitely touring Oz and coming to Canberra! Tix on sale 9th May. Can't wait, never seen her live before and to hear her debut in full will be amazing. A perfect piece of pop history.

Hope Rage can get her to GP while she's over here -she would be fun.

When I found out last week it was like a DREAM COME TRUE! To see the whole She's So Unusual album live is goign to be HEAVEN for me!

I have seen Cyndi 3 times but NEVER have I seen album tracks from She's So Unusual like I'll Kiss You, When You Were Mine, Witness and Yeah yeah. WOWZERS!!!!

And I too love the Bring Ya To The Brink album, Rain On Me is stunning beyond words

Christina

She did guest program rage back in August 2004. I recorded her videos after the GP on DVD. I recorded it in analogue and the sound is amazing, nice and loud. One of the finest things I have recorded from TV onto disc. She was very funny at times in between the videos 'I'm Cyndi Lauper and you're not and you're watching rage'. and of course some great stories in between the videos. 'When You Were Mine' is my fave track from her debut, can't wait to hear it live.

Michael
Christina

She did guest program rage back in August 2004. I recorded her videos after the GP on DVD. I recorded it in analogue and the sound is amazing, nice and loud. One of the finest things I have recorded from TV onto disc. She was very funny at times in between the videos 'I'm Cyndi Lauper and you're not and you're watching rage'. and of course some great stories in between the videos. 'When You Were Mine' is my fave track from her debut, can't wait to hear it live.

Of course she did!
Must have slipped my memory.

Yes, When You Were Mine is also one of my faves, along with Money Changes Everything, I Drove All Night and All Through the Night.

I would love a 30th anniversary edition of She's so Unusal that includes a the cd digitally remstered, the music video's and a bonus track of rare outakes that did not make the album.

A question - Do you think Cyndi will re-arrange the songs or stay true to the original recording? I really hate it when artists do a new spin on their songs when they sing them live.

I'm seeing Cyndi in concert on 2nd September and can't wait. I also love the Bring Ya To The Brink album (her best in my opinion) and the track "Rain On Me" is one of her most gorgeous songs ever - it's extraordinarily beautiful.
The She's So Unusual album was remastered about ten years ago, but a 30th anniversary edition would be most welcome.
Michael, I'm also hoping she will perform faithful renditions of the songs, but she has been reinterpreting "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" in various styles over the last decade or so. Also, "Time After Time" (and "True Colours") are often played acoustically these days with the dulcimer, which whilst still intimate, gives these songs a different feel.

I certainly am a big Cyndi fan! True Colors is a splendid album, (except for the actual song True Colurs- which bores me!). I have a 1988 12" mixes CD of Ms. Lauper's, it contains the 5 singles from She's So Unusual, but only two of them are proper 12" versions - She Bop & Girl's Just Wanna. The other's are just the standard versions - which is a bit poor really. From what I can see, these were the only proper extended versions released. I would have thought that Money, Time after Time & All through the night would have been 12" remixed?!

Cyndi has a second Sydney show for 7th of August tickets on sale now.

Happy 60th for a couple of days ago!