Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chrissy Amplett dead?

Chrisssy Amplett has died of cancer at age 53, I thought the cancer went?

This is SHATTERING!!!!!!! :-( Been crying my eyes out when I listen to Divinyls, this is HEARTBREAKING

Re: Chrissy Amplett dead?

Just read about it a few minutes ago. A sad day for oz rock

I forgot she even had cancer..

Just saw it mentioned on the afternoon news. Another sad day for aussie music.

Just saw it on 6pm news. I thought the cancer had gone too? It's so sad when icons from the 80's (and 90's) leave us.

So shocked and sad to hear the news. I will never forget her performance of the song 'Siren' on Countdown.

I heard the terrible news late this afternoon and thought "Oh no, not Chrissy!" I'm really quite shattered as she was one of my idols, growing up.

Yeah, I also thought she was in remission and a lot better. Knew she has had some serious health problems these last few years but had no idea she was so very ill.
Just read a tribute to her and apparently she was staunch to the end, not wanting to "make a fuss" and bother others with her health issues.
A very brave and fiesty lady.

The original Aussie rock chick and an icon within the Australian music industry.
Gone way too soon.
I'm off to listen to "The Good Die Young" - such a great /poignant song.

(Hope Rage can manage to put together a fitting tribute to the fabulous Ms Amphlett.)

I had a mobile phone call with Therese which it was after a missed call and she told me that the former lead singer of the Divinyls, Chrissy Amphlett has died of cancer because of her health problems includes multiple sclocries that she battled against, I was lucky to see and meet her which I seen her four times and met her once which I signed autographs and took a photo with her in the show of her autobiography, Pleasure And Pain at Reader’s Feast bookshop in Melbourne dated back to 2005 and now, I missed her.
I’m sending wishes to her family members includes her cousin, Little Pattie, her American drummer husband, Charley Drayton and the band members of Divinyls includes Mark McEntee and Rick Grossman.
I missed you, Chrissy and when I think of you, I cried myself.

Terrible news.

I grew up listening to the Divinyls as a teen back in the early 80s.

I have them blasting out on the sound system tonight in memory.

RIP Chrissie.

Although she had been ill for some years, it was still a shock to hear that she's dead.

It will be interesting to see whether Rage can get it together and air a full Divinyls special/tribute some time this weekend, or whether we'll have to wait.

Yes, fingers crossed for a complete special. They might even do it on Friday night, like they did with Whitney Houston.

Was 'Boys In Town' & 'Siren (Never Let You Go)' the only Countdown performances they did?

Michael
Was 'Boys In Town' & 'Siren (Never Let You Go)' the only Countdown performances they did?

No, they also did Only Lonely and Sleeping Beauty

Wonder if Rage will replay Chrissy's GP from years ago like they did with Malcolm McLaren

Jason 'The Moderator'
Michael

No, they also did Only Lonely and Sleeping Beauty

Thanks Jason, now the second question, those other 2 songs, have they been shown on rage Countdown?

Fingers crossed, will check this weekend or next weekend.

If Rage do a proper tribute, would love to see them dig up some of the old Beatbox footage of Chrissy as I remember she used to be on it quite a bit back then.

Rage will screen Chrissy Amphlett and Divinyls special tomorrow morning from about 9am to nearly 10.30am.
Here's the page: www.abc.net.au/rage

Hmmm, while I'm grateful for the Divinyls tribute on Saturday morning, I hope that's not IT from Rage. There are many clips they've omitted (Only Lonely - one of the versions, Punxsie, Love School, Make Out Alright, I'm On Your Side, I Ain't Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore (actual video), Wild Thing, I'm Jealous). I hope they haven't thrown out those clips - how appalling if so, for the ABC to gut music videos from iconic Australian artists! Footage of 'I'm Jealous' aired during or after the ABC News/7:30 Report (I forget which) segment on Chrissy's death earlier this week, indicating they must still have a copy.

Plus it's a bit annoying that the clips aren't in chronological order. An accurate Divinyls discography in order of release can be found on wikipedia; it ain't that difficult, rage!

I'm sure that when Nick Cave dies we'll get a whole 7+ hour episode dedicated to him

Max have been showing a Divinyls Top 10 (and repeating it over the past few days) and they played 'I'm Jealous' the rest of the videos they played is what rage will be showing. But yeah, wish they could sneak in a few more.

Divinyls 'Essential' album from 1991 is No.1 on itunes (strangely enough their Greatest Hits from 2006 isn't on itunes) and some of their well known singles have made the Top 40. Expect this to be reflected in the aria chart out Monday. To see where 'Essential' sits on the charts/combined with physical sales in stores, will be interesting and I hope it still makes it to No.1.

ohnoitisnathan
Hmmm, while I'm grateful for the Divinyls tribute on Saturday morning, I hope that's not IT from Rage. There are many clips they've omitted (Only Lonely - one of the versions, Punxsie, Love School, Make Out Alright, I'm On Your Side, I Ain't Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore (actual video), Wild Thing, I'm Jealous). I hope they haven't thrown out those clips - how appalling if so, for the ABC to gut music videos from iconic Australian artists! Footage of 'I'm Jealous' aired during or after the ABC News/7:30 Report (I forget which) segment on Chrissy's death earlier this week, indicating they must still have a copy.

Plus it's a bit annoying that the clips aren't in chronological order. An accurate Divinyls discography in order of release can be found on wikipedia; it ain't that difficult, rage!

I'm sure that when Nick Cave dies we'll get a whole 7+ hour episode dedicated to him

i personally think that rage should include EVERY Countdown Performance as well: Boys In Town, Only Lonely, Sleeping Beauty and also Beat Box interviews and MOST OF ALL the Chrissy Amphlett Guest Programming rage from way back when, HELLO!!!

The special was better than I expected from the playlist, with the extra interview and live performance footage. Why wasn't this listed on the Rage playlist though? Very odd.

It was great to see the 'Casual Encounter' video (or TV studio performance, whatever it is, like 'Siren' I guess), which I hadn't seen before, and to get a clean (minus the watermark) copy of 'Human On the Inside', and a PAL copy of the second 'Only Lonely' video (I only had an NTSC copy previously).

Still though, it's unfortunate regarding the missing videos, though I've got VHS-sourced copies of them, and 'I'm On Your Side' on an official DVD.

I think the special was fantastic and Chrissy would be proud. I loved the Countdown out-takes of Chrissy and Mark introducing their new single 'Pleasure and Pain' from the set of the video. rage really put in a good effort with these bits and pieces. Seriously, where would we be without rage and the tribute specials when legends pass away. Commercial stations suck in this regard.

I got onto rage on facebook about 3 days ago and requested they play all the Countdown performances too and try to play all their videos in date order...hey, I tried.

Michael
I think the special was fantastic and Chrissy would be proud. I loved the Countdown out-takes of Chrissy and Mark introducing their new single 'Pleasure and Pain' from the set of the video. rage really put in a good effort with these bits and pieces. Seriously, where would we be without rage and the tribute specials when legends pass away. Commercial stations suck in this regard.

I got onto rage on Facebook about 3 days ago and requested they play all the Countdown performances too and try to play all their videos in date order...hey, I tried.

Watching it tonight and it's on now. WOW, the Countdown outtakes introducing Pleasure And Pain were just WOW WOW WOW!!!!! And the Beat Box parts,amazzzing. Chrissy was SUCH an intelligent woman with such sense. I loved how rage played Casual Encounter filmed in the Countdown studio * I have a timer code copy of that episode but was GREAT to see it played on air. A pity it took her death to do this special

Bless You darling Chrissy
xoxoxoxoxo

I watched it again last night. I love the 1988 live bits on 'Blah, Blah, Blah' and the woman blacking out the studio and plugging them back in. LOL. Also love Chrissy in her black leather.

Nathan, you forgot to put Hard On Me. I saw it on YouTube.

Chrissy at her most raw and powerful..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiC4kFsJvn8

How amazing is this performance!!
Truly one of a kind...

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone recorded the Divinyls Rage Special from April 2013 to dvd (as opposed to VHS tape) and would be willing to make me a copy? I have posted this request in a couple of Divinyls related threads so I apologise in advance for the duplication.
I am desperate to get this special if at all possible and can pay/trade for anyone who can help.
Regards, Phil

Was I Ain't gonna Eat...from McFeast or some other show she was on??

The live version of I Ain't Eat Gonna Out Of My Heart Anymore was on McFeast which it was also known as Live And Sweaty that she hosted when she replaced Andrew Denton in 1993.