Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Beach House programming rage this weekend

Some pure GEMS on rage tonight!

The Glove!!!!! * A Blues In Drag * OMG, Robert Smith and Steven Severin from The Banshees side project band from 1984. Their album Blue Sunshine is REMARKABLE *****
I have waited for many years to see anything from The Glove on rage, FINALLY! Thanks Beach House!!!

AND:
RYAN PARIS with Dolce Vita !!!!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!
I was just commenting on You Tube a few weeks ago that I had NEVER seen the video for Dolce Vita and now it's going to be on rage!

Also Carly Simon with Why and The WHISPERS, Keep On Lovin' Me

A few very S U P E R * R A R E 80s videos!

Re: Beach House programming rage this weekend

Yes, a really great playlist from Beach House.
Especially enjoyed A Blues in Drag and Mazzy Star's Flowers in December.

Seems a lot of these rare gems actually do exist in the Rage library.
But we're only made aware of their existence when a rare "imaginative" guest programmer is the catalyst for them finally being unearthed from the dusty depths of the Rage vault.

Yes, I got Carly Simon's 'Why'. I am not familiar with the other tracks/artists mentioned, so I didn't record them. Will keep an eye out for them next time they come up.

Christina

Seems a lot of these rare gems actually do exist in the Rage library.
But we're only made aware of their existence when a rare "imaginative" guest programmer is the catalyst for them finally being unearthed from the dusty depths of the Rage vault.

Exactly. It's a shame that we get repeats of repeats of common videos, but these gems rarely see the light of day.

We're getting Jive Bunny 'That's What I Like' this weekend, too Whilst hardly a classic or even 'rare', it hasn't been aired on Rage since 1990.

and a studio performance from 'The Factory' at around 5:42am.
('My Pal' - God).