Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Australian Crawl

Does anyone know what date Australian Crawl sang the following songs on Countdown..

Hoochie Guccu Fiorucci Mama
Boys Light Up

Also, I've seen part of a video clip of Beautiful People, with JR still in plaster casts but not the original Countdown performance. Does anyone know what show this was from, and if it was Countdown, what date it aired?

Oh, and did James Reyne make any appearances on Countdown when he went solo, and if so, what date/s?

Re: Australian Crawl

I'm pretty sure James Reyne did Fall Of Rome on the final Countdown Awards in 1987

Bevvy
Does anyone know what date Australian Crawl sang the following songs on Countdown..

Hoochie Guccu Fiorucci Mama
Boys Light Up

Also, I've seen part of a video clip of Beautiful People, with JR still in plaster casts but not the original Countdown performance. Does anyone know what show this was from, and if it was Countdown, what date it aired?

Oh, and did James Reyne make any appearances on Countdown when he went solo, and if so, what date/s?

I posted a list of all the live Countdown performances in another thread here:

http://pub24.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2015862427&frmid=135&msgid=915769&cmd=show

There would probably be some errors and omissions there. Ignore all the dates saying Jan 1 1997 as I would say they were catalogued by the ABC in 1997 and if they couldn't determine the episode they gave it a default date.

There were a few live performances which the ABC have catalogued as clips so they won't show up here but that would give a good starting point.

Hi Bevvy, in more detail:

AUSTRALIAN CRAWL BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE 13-Apr-80 (Countdown Awards) (This Awards show has been shown on rage, but I can't recall if it was actually a live performance or video excerpt etc.???)

AUSTRALIAN CRAWL BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE 19-Aug-79 (Version 1 studio peformance - both arms in plaster casts)

AUSTRALIAN CRAWL BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE 7-Oct-79 (Version 2 studio performance)

HOOCHIE GUCCI FIORUCCI MAMA 14-Dec-1980 (Studio performance - this was an OZ artists special)

AUSTRALIAN CRAWL BOYS LIGHT UP 22-Mar-81 (Countdown Awards)

JAMES REYNE FALL OF ROME 19-July-1987 (Countdown Awards)

Cheers.
Michael.

Thankyou Michael :)