Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
POST JANUARY DEPRESSION!

I am SO absolutely suffering from post rage goes retro depression.

I feel so empty now, 11 whole months to wait!

Gawd I WISH rage would play not only rage goes retro in January but also mid year in July. That would mean only 6 months wait 2 times a year as opposed to 11 months which is a total KILLER and TORTURE exercise!

gaaaaaaaaawd ...

Countdown NEEDS to be played on ABC 2 as it's just NOT fair!

Re: POST JANUARY DEPRESSION!

Same here. About 5 years ago, on the old old/user friendly messageboard, I asked if they could play Countdown during the Easter break and we all know what the answer was...

I'm still on a high from last months episodes and have put the episodes on my iPOD and listen to them at the gym. The last week of rage retro, I also recorded it onto USB and plug it into the treadmill at the gym and watch the whole lineup. I'm sure all the others on their treadmills next to me are envious! Who says I'm not the second biggest Countdown fan!

Myself and John, who is another regular poster here, critique each Countdown episode/nights programming by email. He has saved up the whole retro January on his HDD and is now only watching them, more like retro February!

Living ina stinking hot box of a flat without aircon, I'm actually glad January is over, the unrelenting heat and humidity is a killer. Countdown on Rage is really the only thing I look forward to in January. I wouldn't go out and say I'm depressed, but have become rather cynical of ABC's attitude - their never-ending addiction with independent crap and pleasing the Gen Y folk really needs to be looked at. This part of the ABC needs a big shake up. This sheltered workshop is subsidised by all our taxes, not just the Gen Y's, so it should represent everyone, even us Gen X's.

I am like all of you - extremely disappointed that we have to wait another 11 months for the next time it will be worth watching Rage.

Unfortunately a lot of background work goes into retrieving old Countdowns (and the other shows) for each January, then getting all the individual music rights for EVERY performance for every show which has to happen prior to any repeat transmission even this far down the track, then preparing the shows for the line-up. If the process was easy I am sure we would see alot more of this.

In the larger countries with a bigger market (read the UK) they are repeating shows like "Top Of the Pops" once a week - the BBC are repeating most of the 1978 shows this year and this is the 3rd such year this has happened. It CAN be done - just needs resources, willpower and a bit of demand. Cannot see that happening in Australia though with Countdown.

I would work voluntarily to put Countdown together in a weekly format! Hell, I'll even quit my job and go on the dole to do it. Mark, I know what you mean about one good thing with January being over, the heat! I don't have airconditioning either OR a fan. If only Countdown was shown in Winter - would make it a lot more comfortable (and cosy) to watch and I'm sure you know how cold Canberra's winters are.

I agree, summer is HELL but the Countdown's etc is NOT

I never thought I'd be (probably) mis-quoting Radio Birdman here but every February "My Mind is empty when you are not on TV"