Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rage Retro Week 4 25th January 2013: Individual Timings Listing, 12.16am start time

...and here we go for Retro 4 :) Countdown items in bold

12.16am: Target Titles - 1976
12.17am: Target - Sherbet Special
12.21am: Countdown - December 2nd 1984
1.14am: Countdown - August 2nd 1981
2.09am: Rock Arena - December 16th 1986
2.59am: Countdown - September 26th 1982

Countdown September 26th 1982 ends at 3.53am - from 3.53am, the rest of the playlist is made up of the stuff that normally makes up a Rage friday night.

..and that's it for another year - hope you all found the listings a big help

Re: Rage Retro Week 4 25th January 2013: Individual Timings Listing, 12.16am start time

I LOVE YOU Frankster! THANK THE RETRO GODS FOR YOU YOU YOU!

Re: Rage Retro Week 4 25th January 2013: Individual Timings Listing, 12.16am start time

No worries Jason! :)

Thanks Frank

Yeah, the times have been spot on, unlike the playlists on the website. What can I say?...I would have been trying darn hard to guess the times while setting up the timer recording, like I usually do with bits and pieces off rage throughout the rest of the year.

And that'll be the Last Rage Goes Retro in Analogue Australia Wide.

I see this Rock Arena episode only goes for 50 mins. I thought all Rock Arena's went for 1 hour?

ABC are running late tonight, and for some reason my listing has dropped off.

I will have to tape it manually now. ie press Record when rage starts and let it run all night.

Folks,

As you may have gathered, ABC are running late. No word on a new start time. Roll your recorders now just in case. Also set for 20 minutes extra just in case (4.13am finish and not 3.53am). I wonder what the hell happened for them to start My Family at just after midnight and not at 11.44pm. Nuts..

**EDIT: Rage started 12.34am. Changed start time was not advertised and EPG's plus listings were not updated to reflect the change and I received no word of any change whatsoever.

Thank god the programming is all there so far, just pushed back 30min or so.

Bye bye 18 minutes of JJJ crap clips.

Didn't run late where I was....maybe the problems were fixed for Adelaide, not sure - all ran on time here.

and @ James - yes I still have an analogue TV (I know, 'what?' I hear you cry!) and I'm happy the very last Countdown I recorded on it was from 1982.

Next week I'll finally purchase a digital TV - I have to seeing as the analogue signal is switched off forever in Adelaide on April 2.

Although to be totally honest - and having seen many other digital TV's at people's places - I've always thought the analogue picture quality was quite good anyway......

I still use an analogue (though flat screen) TV, with a set top box to receive the digital signal (have done so for the last 5 years). As Rage isn't available in HD anymore, I am in no rush to "upgrade". Plus, 99% of the shows I'm interested in recording were all filmed before HD was around

What happened was the "Australia celebrates" concert live from Sydney from 9.30pm ran grossly overtime - and rather than cut short that meaningless crap plus the two meaningless drivel repeat shows that followed, Rage airtime got reduced as it always does. I remember Rage broadcasts getting chopped back many years ago when some stupid meaningless tennis matches ran overtime - thank got they have got rid of that drivel off the ABC as well. Geez I hate tennis - it is really time to move out of Melbourne while that is on!! The great news was Retro remained untouched - the new release playlist got chopped up - at least some common sense prevailed.