Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1986 John Farnham Coutndown parts 1 and 2!

HOW ODD was the Parts 1 and 2 of the 1986 John Farnham episode???

O-M-G! the 'rage' short in between break suddenly came on and then BACK tot he episode! It was WEIRD in EXTREMES! I don't get it!

Re: 1986 John Farnham Coutndown parts 1 and 2!

The original master tape was in two parts which is unusual for Countdown - the only other time this situation has been seen on Rage was that full episode of The Factory they screened on Retro a year or two back - although that is a far longer show than Countdown of course.

When the video master is spread over 2 tapes, this is how they seem to join them - although you think they would just digitally re-master the whole thing on one tape and have a neater join.

I'm yet to watch this episode (I went to bed at around 3:15 just after Bananarama's 'More Than Physical'), but no doubt this episode really was split over two storage tapes, like the episode of 'The Factory' from last year.

I haven't watched this episode yet. I plan to watch it tonight in all it's glory while having dinner. . I thought what happened would have been the case with the rage bit inbetween both parts.

BTW - Re Elton John episode 1986 - I was a bit disappointed that Elton & Molly weren't part of the studio audience and their bits were pre-recorded. Had a good laugh when Elton was introducing everything new about himself and then said 'same old program'.

Brett (2)
When the video master is spread over 2 tapes, this is how they seem to join them - although you think they would just digitally re-master the whole thing on one tape and have a neater join.

It didn't look like a difficult edit point either :)

Re this months Countdown Magazine with the poster of Wa Wa Nee. Who is the woman? I didn't know there was a female member in the band!

Michael
Re this months Countdown Magazine with the poster of Wa Wa Nee. Who is the woman? I didn't know there was a female member in the band!

Yeah I noticed that too when watching the Nov 16th 1986 episode just before. And what happened to the 4th guy for the second album?

Michael

Michael, yes. Wa Wa Nee had a female keyboardist. haven't you seen her on the Countdown performances of Stimulation and I Could make You Love Me? She is also in the video of I Could Make You Love Me...

Well there you go! Maybe I didn't pay enough attention to the Countdown performances and I have never seen the full video of 'I Could Make You Love Me'. I know it's on YouTube, but I'll wait til it comes on our TV screens.