Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tina Cross

Just noticed this on the rage playlist for tonight:
02:30am STEREOLOVE featuring TINA CROSS I Wish That

Is this Tina Cross from Koo De Tah??

Re: Tina Cross

Yes, this is INDEED Tina Cross of Koo De Tah and it's not a very good track unfortunately

'FEATURING'...usually means 'CRAP'!

Notice how many Top 50 songs these days have the artist feat. another artist. All done deliberately, so the record company can make more money (or just money) and fans off the 1 song. 2 artists attract more fans to the song.
The worst of late would have to be the pairing of JB and Nicki Minaj!

Michael
'FEATURING'...usually means 'CRAP'!

Very true.

Although the first 'featuring' I was aware of was Technotronic featuring Felly (although it was really Ya Kid K); that wasn't so bad. But ever since some time in the late 90's, 'featuring' has normally meant melody-free 'hip hop' $hit with a chorus based on an old (and much better) song, or a has-been artist trying to gather some 'cred' back by featuring a current, bigger artist (prime example: Madonna) or a calculated attempt at genre crossover by featuring a rent-a-rapper (prime example: Mariah Carey).

Wasn't 'Felly' pretty much a member of the band anyway? Wasn't she famous for the blue lips? Ahhh the early 90's dance music!

Michael
Wasn't 'Felly' pretty much a member of the band anyway? Wasn't she famous for the blue lips? Ahhh the early 90's dance music!

I thought Felly was just a model they hired to lip synch the video, because at that time Ya Kid K didn't want to be the front person (or something). Felly also appeared in the 'Get Up! (Before the Night Is Over)' video, miming the "'fore the night is ovahhh" bits in the chorus, but then disappeared off the face of the earth as far as I know. But yes, she was famous for the blue lipstick.

. I think you're right. For some reason I thought she was part of the band. "Get Up" was such a cool track. Actually, they were pretty cool in 1990. I especially liked the Technotronic Megamix which I bought on cassingle.