Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bonnie Tyler and Mark Holden AM Saturday

Two very rare clips coming up Saturday morning at 10.30 as well. The film clip for Bonnie Tyler "Lost In France" is as rare as heck (and a great song!!). A small portion is seen on that July 1977 recovered Countdown show screened on Rage in recent years - this will be the same clip. This will be off another Countdown segment tape. The Mark Holden clip has also never been seen on Rage - although it could be the Countdown performance as well as that is also on a segment tape - and has never been seen since its original transmission either!!

Re: Bonnie Tyler and Mark Holden AM Saturday

I am SOOOO excited by Lost In France from Bonnie! It's my FAVOURITE Bonnie track, PERIOD!

My favourite Bonnie track is Holding Out For A Hero but will be very happy to see this. I expect Mark will have a carnation with him, hope it is a lost Countdown live clip.

Of course they had to plonk a yellow 'PG' logo over the start of the Bonnie Tyler clip

I'm guessing 'Lost In France' must have been pre Bonnie's vocal nodules, as her voice sounds clearer.

I know what you mean Nathan - I dont know why any kid under the age of 15 could be upset in any way by "Lost In France" - or that "Parental Guidance would be recommended" for anything shown in the retro hour for that matter. And that stupid Rage intro at the start of Retro nights that says Rage may contain "coarse language, drug use, nudity, horror and strong violence" - as if anything shown on Retro nights other than the 90s garbage they occasionally throw in would contain any such things. I love this draconian crap forced on the ABC by out-of-touch classification boards!!

Getting onto the two clips just shown - both super-rare. No Countdown performance for Mark Holden, but a very rarely seen film clip. Great stuff, as was Bonnie Tyler of course. This was pre-throat nodule problems in 1977.

Rage should show many, many more of these very hard to find and rarely seen promotional films of the 1970s - they are so great to see again!!

Guru Bob
My favourite Bonnie track is Holding Out For A Hero but will be very happy to see this. I expect Mark will have a carnation with him, hope it is a lost Countdown live clip.

Unfortunately not the Countdown performance Gurubob - but still a very rare promotional clip. No carnation in sight - but this was his first recording from what I remember - a cover of an Eric Carmen song.

Brett (2)
And that stupid Rage intro at the start of Retro nights that says Rage may contain "coarse language, drug use, nudity, horror and strong violence"

Yes that is ridiculous. No doubt Rage just do that to cover all bases, rather than having to sift through the whole program every week to see which letter codes apply. Even for the Rick Astley GP followed by the Stock/Aitken/Waterman special they had the obligatory horror, drug use, sexual references, sex scenes, strong violence, and nudity warnings

Was rather sad to get home this arvo and check the HDD to find an hour and a bit of black screen instead of retro goodness - I am not sure yet if it was a glitch in my HDD or my Foxtel or the cables ... either way, failed to get this morning's retro clips. Pity because I was looking forward to seeing several of them. Will stay up tonight to make sure it looks like it is recording something, as I would hate to miss some of them (City Lights for instance) and the Countdowns. What is more of a worry is that I am away next weekend when Retro has switched to Friday night, and I have to rely on my technology. Fingers crossed! Also crossed for a great playlist next weekend. Enjoy tonight everyone :)

You are in the right place for help with regards to things that may have been missed Rhiannon333 - we all help each other out here where we can. Happy to arrange a DVD copy of AM Saturday retro for you. Just E-Mail me a postal address and will be arranged straight away.

bleslie@bigpond.net.au

I only timer recorded the Bonnie Tyler and Mark Holden videos, when I got home Sat. morning. I played both of them 5 times. 2 of the best 70's retro videos I've seen in a long time.

Yes, it was good to see another Bonnie Tyler clip on Rage... especially considering a few years back they didn't even have the 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' vid (and substituted the Countdown performance in its place).

Michael
I only timer recorded the Bonnie Tyler and Mark Holden videos, when I got home Sat. morning. I played both of them 5 times. 2 of the best 70's retro videos I've seen in a long time.

They sure were mate...it was great to see these - just so rare and great original promo films!!

Thank you for your kind offers Brett (and Guru Bob) for the missing Retro segments. Have sent you an email. Had a few glitches with last night's recording (I got the Reels intact, which I would not have missed at all, being a repeat, it looked like to me, and pretty ordinary at that), but messed up a few of the Countdowns. Will assess the damage and get back to my rescuers with specifics later. Thanks again guys :)

Only just caught up with these as I've been away - these two rare Mark and Bonnie clips, (along with David Essex's City Lights), were definitely one of the highlights of Rage retro this year.
Gee, I forgot just how good looking Mark was back in his day in a soppy, drippy kind of way.
Like Bob, would have loved to see one of his "carnation" clips though, preferably the one live on Countdown where the hordes of screaming teenage girls dragged him down off the stage and groped him.

Yes, those 3 videos were standouts this season. I think the 2/3/80 Judie Tzuke Countdown was the standout of the 12 Countdown episodes that rage graced us with this January.

I heard on the radio this morning that Bonnie Tyler will be representing the UK in this years Eurovision Song Contest. Her song will be the first release off her new album. Wow! Let's hope she does better than Engleburt Humperdink.